Mysterious Green Markers

Does anyone know what these are?

WgU29MY.jpg

This has happened several times. I've pressed some unknown button combination accidentally and now every planet has these giant green markers all over it's surface. The only way I can get rid of them is to quit and restart KSP.

I have RSS installed along with a couple other mods. If a full list is required I can post it.

Any help regarding what keyboard combo makes them go away would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

A full list of mods is required, but it looks like some kind of RSS debug function to me. You have no idea what key combination you pressed? Are you certain it's a key combination that triggers it? A way to reliably reproduce it would go a long way to figuring out what your problem is.

EDIT: Also, upload the output_log file from your C:/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data folder to a file sharing service so we can haave a look at that.

Edited by Vaporo

It just happened to me again, this time orbiting Duna (Mars). I'm pretty sure the only buttons I was using were the WASD keys and Ctrl., but I might have pressed SHIFT a few times too.

Here's another pic:

Wkgsrfr.jpg

List of Mods:

Environmental Visual Enhancements

Kerbal Crew Transfer

Custom Biomes

Kerbal Flight Engineer

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Hyperedit

KittopiaTech Ingame planet Editing tools

Kopernicus

NEAR

Precise Node

Procedural Fairings

Procedural Parts

Select Root

Texture Replacer

Output Log:

https://www./?7a37b2p94zlp2bt

Edited by VonFrank

I find it hard to believe its my graphics card when it only happens after a certain keystroke combination. Also, it never seems to happen on an unmodded ksp install.

As for it being related to terrain scatters... that might have something to do with it. Next time it happens I'll turn them off and see if it makes this go away.

I find it hard to believe its my graphics card when it only happens after a certain keystroke combination. Also, it never seems to happen on an unmodded ksp install.

As for it being related to terrain scatters... that might have something to do with it. Next time it happens I'll turn them off and see if it makes this go away.

If you can't say what keystroke combination is causing it then you can't really claim it is a keystroke combination at all...

That said, you appear to have several mods installed that mess with planets so I'm really not surprised you are getting issues. After testing the terrain scatter idea, I would suggest starting with a clean install and then install your mods in (small) batches to try to narrow down the problem...

Ok, so I've done some more testing, and I've discovered the key combination. It's Ctrl-S. Every time I press Ctrl-S, the green markers appear. It happens reliably and consistently, regardless of whether terrain scatters are on.

Also, I've managed to figure out what mod is causing that button combination to do that: Kopernicus. I removed all mods and added them back one at a time, Kopernicus is the one that causes it. Even with all other mods installed and only Kopernicus left out, Ctrl-S does not bring up the markers.

So the question now is... why does that mod have that function? Can anyone else replicate the same issue on their own install with Kopernicus?

Ok, so I've done some more testing, and I've discovered the key combination. It's Ctrl-S. Every time I press Ctrl-S, the green markers appear. It happens reliably and consistently, regardless of whether terrain scatters are on.

Also, I've managed to figure out what mod is causing that button combination to do that: Kopernicus. I removed all mods and added them back one at a time, Kopernicus is the one that causes it. Even with all other mods installed and only Kopernicus left out, Ctrl-S does not bring up the markers.

So the question now is... why does that mod have that function? Can anyone else replicate the same issue on their own install with Kopernicus?

I suggest you ask this question in the Kopernicus thread.

There is probably another key shortcut that turns them off again...

Edit: From a quick look at the source, Ctrl-P will print out some debugging info and Ctrl-C will turn off the green blobs...

Edited by Padishar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.