[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

Thanks for the great mod, good quality. :)

I find one simple issue, it may be known already but I can mention it. Smallest landing gear had no sound for deploy/retract, in CFG file it points to sound "BahaSP/Sounds/gearDeploy", that is not a file that exists in that folder for me. Changing it to same path as other gear "AdjustableLandingGear/Sounds/gearDeploy" makes this work for me.

Oops! Thanks I'll make sure to fix that.

Thank you. This is an amazing mod made by an amazing person. :D

(This is completely irrelevant, but are you Asian? I'm just wondering. :P)

Thanks man, I'm Filipino American.

Interestingly, just the small and medium version of the gears get the "ghost box" in FAR Voxels, not the large version for some reason. Can anyone confirm this?

I noticed this too. Might lead to something.

Edit:

Yaay I found it. There were some unused mesh filters on a couple of the objects in the hierarchy. Even though they weren't being rendered, FAR included them in the geometry.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'll release an update soon.

Edited by BahamutoD

I'm having problems getting this to work properly (it might just me being an idiot), Whenever I extract the files and copypaste them into the game data file they don't go into their own subfolders, they don't even automatically create subfolders they just go all over and don't work ingame. Any help?

I'm having problems getting this to work properly (it might just me being an idiot), Whenever I extract the files and copypaste them into the game data file they don't go into their own subfolders, they don't even automatically create subfolders they just go all over and don't work ingame. Any help?

Can't really help if you don't tell us how you are doing it.

I think I have a bug. The steering control seems to be locked to A and D (or maybe locked to whatever Yaw is), rather than the defined steering controls. I usually reassign steering to J, L, and the analog on the back of my T.Flight throttle. Stock steering wheels follow the rover controls, not yaw, but by default they are simply assigned to the same keys.

I don't like using yaw to steer, it often causes rollovers, both on rovers, and planes that may be on a hill (usually the fault of SAS, rather than the Yaw itself).

Edited by Alshain

I`m using 0.90 yet and I downloaded this mod via CKAN,

but this landing gears don`t act like wheels.

It skidded like a brick on the runway and explode.

What should I do? Is it reported issue?

If you just download the latest version without getting the 0.90 version then the mod wont work. What version of the mod did you download?

If you're on 0.90, you need to make sure you've got the 0.90 version of this mod AND the 0.90 version of the Firespitter DLL. Which as I recall wasn't bundled with this mod. The 0.90 version of this mod won't work without Firespitter.

I think I have a bug. The steering control seems to be locked to A and D (or maybe locked to whatever Yaw is), rather than the defined steering controls. I usually reassign steering to J, L, and the analog on the back of my T.Flight throttle. Stock steering wheels follow the rover controls, not yaw, but by default they are simply assigned to the same keys.

I don't like using yaw to steer, it often causes rollovers, both on rovers, and planes that may be on a hill (usually the fault of SAS, rather than the Yaw itself).

Thanks. Fixed for the next update.

If you're on 0.90, you need to make sure you've got the 0.90 version of this mod AND the 0.90 version of the Firespitter DLL. Which as I recall wasn't bundled with this mod. The 0.90 version of this mod won't work without Firespitter.

Still stuck here on 0.90 waiting for some other mods to roll out updates for the 1.0 release. Got v1.1.0 working for 0.90 (animations/tweaks were broken and dat bogie tho). Just needed to target 0.90 and made a small tweak in the animations plugin. Everything appears to work normally :)

Edited by MemRooster

If you just download the latest version without getting the 0.90 version then the mod wont work. What version of the mod did you download?

I used CKAN, isn`t it automatically check version?

I have one issue with these wheels....."I still dont know where the bunnies go!" ;) Maybe the OP could help me with this one :P

On a serious note for some reason in VAB retract wheels option doesn't work. Maybe I'm doing it wrong who knows!

I've no idea, as I don't use CKAN. I download/install all mods manually, so you'd need to check the CKAN documentation, I'm afraid.

Can't really help if you don't tell us how you are doing it.

I download the .zip file, extract it, place all of it in the game data folder but where all the other mods create their own folder (like the Squad folder in there) it just puts all the items that are in it all over. http://gyazo.com/1a7057897eb8353798e0157d9f35a6bd http://gyazo.com/134c7c6f00167f8354c2f188f0268f13

I download the .zip file, extract it, place all of it in the game data folder but where all the other mods create their own folder (like the Squad folder in there) it just puts all the items that are in it all over. http://gyazo.com/1a7057897eb8353798e0157d9f35a6bd http://gyazo.com/134c7c6f00167f8354c2f188f0268f13

Yes but how are you extracting it and placing it in the folder? The zip file has the proper folder structure so it is obviously the extracting and placing that's the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't rely on CKAN for that.

this mod is beautiful - it doesnt try to reinvent the game, it focuses on one specific issue and it corrects it with such elegance and finesse - it really is a shining example of mods... seriously its a piece of art, have some rep

Yes but how are you extracting it and placing it in the folder? The zip file has the proper folder structure so it is obviously the extracting and placing that's the issue.

I use 8-Zip which I've used for all the other mods I have and they work fine.

Update: Had to manually create the folders then put all the items in (I tried doing that many other times but now it's working)

Edited by FlippidyDippidy

the landing gear zip file contains two folders - both those folders need to be present inside the gamedata folder - right now it appears the files in those folder made it into gamedata

update: it looks like perhaps one of the folder made it in intact

update update: cool so its all good now?

Edited by skbernard
update reply update

BahamutoD,

I think there is an issue with this mod and NuFAR

This is the picture showing the issue with the Voxel readings from NUFAR.

Rxqhh5F.jpg

Notice the voxels read extra bits of blocks below the actual landing gear bay, it stays there even when the gear are raised. This is causing some real aerodynamic issues for craft that use this.

Here is a craft with both stock medium gear and the adjustable gear in the front. You can clearly see the blocks I am talking about.

yCCPEf2.jpg

Check a couple pages back, Hodo. This has already been reported, and Bahamuto's said in a previous post that it's been fixed for the next release, along with a couple other issues that've come up. Patience. :)

Check a couple pages back, Hodo. This has already been reported, and Bahamuto's said in a previous post that it's been fixed for the next release, along with a couple other issues that've come up. Patience. :)

I'm so glad! I came to the thread specifically to search through it for mention of the nuFAR bug. I'm glad it's already been resolved, can't wait for the update.

Another possible explanation for the tweakables problems:

When the control detects that something's changed, it does some work to assign the new value to the part and whatever needs to happen as a result of that goes ahead and happens. There are certain points in certain ranges that cause onEditorShipModified to be fired way too often when the ranges are open. The reasoning goes something like this:

1. The slider loads up and sets its position to X pixels long. The total slider is Y pixels long.
  2. Since the slider is repositioned, fire an update event. (this eventually chains to an onEditorShipModified call, which can be very expensive depending on the mods installed and the size of the ship)
  3. The control uses the slider's normalized position to interpolate along the available range, essentially Value=Min + (Max - Min) * X/Y
  4. The control checks if Value lands on a stepIncrement (the feature that makes ranges "snap" to certain values along the range).
  5. If Value does not land on a stepIncrement, it rounds the value to the nearest stepIncrement and repositions the slider, basically X=Y*(Value - Min)/(Max - Min) truncated to an integer (no fractional pixels).
  6. If the slider is repositioned, start over at #1.

For certain values in certain ranges, especially when stepIncrement is small in relation to the overall tweakable range, that equation for Value will never return a value divisible by stepIncrement. When that happens, onEditorShipModified is called every Update for every float range visible that is subject to this condition. If you want to check if that's what's happening, compile this plugin and see if onEditorShipModified is called whole bunch in those trouble scenarios: http://hastebin.com/nudeniboli.cs