[1.0.4] Mk2 Essentials

JoePatrick1

Is anyone else having snapping issues? In the SPH only one side of each part will snap or be snapped to ;D

Should have been fixed with the update. Did you re-download and install it?

- - - Updated - - -

One more request for the next release: please add "bulkheadProfiles = mk2" to your parts so that they show up in the right place in the sort-by-cross-section tab.

Will do

Just a recommendation/request, could you make the battery match the fuselage texture more? It kinda breaks the feel of the mk2.

I don't mind it the way it is but I do understand the request and I agree if you were building just a regular spaceplane it would break up the visual somewhat. So if I could expand on this request with a more specific suggestion, I would say try a stockish texture all around with two small caution bars and battery symbols on each side of the top part of the fuselage. It would give a smooth stock visual but still indicate there are batteries there... kind of give the impression of battery trays that slide in and out for maintenance :)

Edited by maxrsp
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Can you make this available on CKAN? For automating version tracking and installs, CKAN is much better than Curse, at least until the Curse Client finally starts allowing updating for Kerbal Space the way it does WoW addons. To do this, all I need to know are the license you prefer, and any dependency mods (must be intalled for yours to work) and recommended mods (mods that benefit greatly from yours). I can make a .nkan file, test it, then push that to NKAN repo, whcih will enable the CKAN bots to index the app, and generate the metadata for their app so CKAN users can get updated quickly any time you update. Once that file is there it need not be touched again unless you make changes to the install location or dependencies.

Edited by Murdabenne

Hey, thanks for the great mod. Any idea if it's backwards-compatible to 0.90? I'd assume, because it's just parts, it would be, but I'm not sure if anything added to the part .cfgs would change that.

I haven't tested it. It may not work due to a slight change to the config but I'm not sure. If it doesn't work, you can just use Release 4. It is identical to Release 5 other than the compatibility changes for 1.0.2

• 2 weeks later...

I love this mod, but there is just 1 thing that bothers me - The mk2 decoupler should be in either supersonic or high altitude node, so it will be available when other mk2 parts are. Or possibly specialized constuction. Something to match the tier.

0yBnlZ3.png

I'd like to second Murdabenne's request for CKAN support. That's the only thing keeping me from installing this pack right now!

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it currently is on CKAN as "Mk 2 Essentials" for 1.0.2 at least. I'm looking at it right now :P

I'd like to second Murdabenne's request for CKAN support. That's the only thing keeping me from installing this pack right now!

Many (loads of) mods are happily on CKAN but may be temporarily hidden as "incompatible" due to the recent version updates to KSP. I don't know who submits the a-okay to the CKAN feed, but it may have to do with the Kerbalstuff listing, for one.

Many (loads of) mods are happily on CKAN but may be temporarily hidden as "incompatible" due to the recent version updates to KSP. I don't know who submits the a-okay to the CKAN feed, but it may have to do with the Kerbalstuff listing, for one.

There is a "KSP Version" on KerbalStuff that most apps use. Right now most are at 1.0.2, KSP is at 1.0.3. So CKAN will read this as the mod being incompatible - which is why so many mods are "incompatible" even though very few really are. CKAN just indexes the info the authors provide, and then install/uninstall and tracks what you have. It doesn't actually *do* anything to the mod other than download it for you and put it into the correct directory.

Unlike addons that are on KerbalStuff, this is on Curseforge, which is not very friendly to CKAN (and I, as a former addon author, have other reasons to dislike Curseforge). All that aside, it means the CKAN metadata cannot be automatically updated via the .netkan file, unlike KerbalStuff or GitHub mods. That's what originally stopped me from this - I only knew how to generate netkan meta files and was unsure about copyrights of making a CKAN file (unlike many other aposs, this is All Rights Reserved, not an open license or GPL, so what you can do with it is somewhat constrained by law, including the DMCA - which kept me from mirroring it over to KerbalStuff).

Since I found out it was not a copyright violation to reference the location (Google does this all the time), I coded ckan file for this and submitted it. Thats why its showing up on CKAN. But I also included the version I knew it ran on (1.0.2), so that's why its marked as "incompatible" - if this does work with 1.0.3 (I haven't tried it yet and nobody has posted definitively), I'll update the metadata file and put in the pull request to get CKAN updated. I just need time to test the addon, which is limited; I'm working night shift 12 hours, cardiac care unit, for several days, so probably this weekend.

Edited by Murdabenne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyone feels like the engine is too OP?

Heh, yeah. I installed this mod about a month ago but just got around to trying out the engine this past Friday. I put it on a little plane I had planned on using to hit all the biomes I hadn't flown over yet. That plane took off like a bat out of hell and ended up in space in less than than a minute, and it only used about 1% of the fuel on the plane to do it. Needless to say, I was a little blown away.

So yeah, it probably needs a little tweaking done.

Wow, new SAS is pretty. And new battery.. Will the old one be available as an alternative download? The new one is flush with other parts, but the old one was cute in its own way.

It's a bit outdated so will need a config edit to get it working properly with KSP 1.0(.4) but the old battery can be downloaded on its own here

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.