[1.0.4] Mk2 Essentials

JoePatrick1

Noticed a slight misalignment in the Mk II battery pack...

http://i.imgur.com/fSyhsOC.png

Flipping it and rotating it did not clear the issue, so it appears that the nodes are slightly out of place. Not noticeable in flight, but it's very clear in the hangar or VAB.

Thanks for pointing this out, I'll fix it later today if I get the time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
What are the thrust/mass stats for the engine?

mass = 1.6

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.2

minimum_drag = 0.2

angularDrag = 2

crashTolerance = 8

maxTemp = 3800

ignitionThreshold = 0.1

minThrust = 0

maxThrust = 280

heatProduction = 450

engineAccelerationSpeed = 0.2

engineDecelerationSpeed = 0.35

Say, do you think you would be interested in modding some more Mk.2 parts? I've had the idea of modding the Mk.2 Cargo Bays to include Solar panels that work when you open them.

If I recall, Nertea made the Near Future Electrical mod which include curved solar panel that have "ideal" charge rates. I thought something like that could be applied to the inner side of the cargo bay doors. (Perhaps for the Mk.3 and Mk.IV bays as well.) Low-ish charge rate, maybe a bit more weight to balance the expanded versatility.

I love the Mk.2 System simply for the looks (though OPT's J- and K-Series parts are really nice as well), so it would be nice to expand the parts selection for it.I spent days designing RemoteTech Communication Satellites to fit into Mk.2 Cargo Bays just because. (I'm not a OPT J-Series design binge...)

Thanks.

Is it set up to work with the FAR engine nerf?

It's definitely not. This MM patch gives it the same velocity curve as the default FAR turbojet, although I don't think that's what JoePatrick would intend since it looks like everything has been stepped up slightly from the turbojet

@PART[mk2Engine]:AFTER[FerramAerospaceResearch]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
!node_stack_bottom = delete
@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
{
@maxThrust = 140 // This is what FAR defaults it to. Included for completeness
@velocityCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 0.8 0 -0.00098
@key,1 = 140 0.7 0 0
@key,2 = 400 0.8 0.00049 0.00049
@key,3 = 900 1 0 0
key = 1800 0 -0.00098 0
}
}
}

EDIT

It also generates an absurd amount of drag (~50-70% highlighting with tint Cd == 1 @ Mach 1) with the open rear attach node. Updated to correct that (drag is still high, but it's better...)

Edited by Crzyrndm

• 2 weeks later...

Great parts that the game's been lacking since stock release of MK2 parts. Now the only part that is missing from the roster is a MK2 docking port that has the ability to attach only at 0 or 180 degrees relative to the other ship so alignment is required by the part, but I don't know whether that can even be supported by the engine. :P

Thanks for your work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The usual "change a 1.0 into a -1.0 in the bottom stack node code" in the pre-1.0 configs would do the trick to get these working for 1.0. That said, though, I really am hoping that this pack would be updated, the code cleaned up, and memory-optimized (yes, even if the file presently is about 10mb, I guess every bit counts?). There really is no other stock or mod replacement for these parts in 1.0 as far as SPP/Mk2 constructions are concerned (sure, I could plug a battery or two in a cargo bay or something, but it ain't like the dedicated Mk2-shaped batt that could also double as a bulkhead for the cargo bays.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.