[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

no, i meant remove all rpm components, remove Endurance mod, install Endurance again then RPM

on the other hand i have the problem on a fresh ksp install as well so might need to dig deeper in the logfiles or the mod devs find out sooner what's wrong :D

Edit:

I'm doing some calculations now, is someone able to provide me perhaps with the dimensions of the Endurance Cargo Container ?

I seem to be missing all the IVA instruments for the Endurance Command Module.

The Ranger and Lander IVA's work fine, levers and screens are all there.

But the command module IVA is missing all the props, stock and RPM props.

I tried re-download and re-paste Endurance folder

deleting everything except for modulemanager2.6.2, Endurance and RasterPropMonitor

I do not have KAS at this moment.

Any idea what's going on?

Same here

Thank you for sharing with us your wonderful work.

My small contribution, all textures (mbm & png flags) convert to the DDS format. (-~75%)

Orginal *.mbm 58,5 MB (61.431.378 bytes)

Convert *.dds 14,9 MB (15.692.816 bytes)

Link Google Drive (works over the next 48 hours)

>>>>> Remember to delete all files with the extension (*.mbm and *.png) in GameData\Endurance\* <<<<<

Edited by InsanePlumber

no, i meant remove all rpm components, remove Endurance mod, install Endurance again then RPM

Done. Issue persists.

Looked through the logfile, the only errors associated with the IVA is this.

[LOG 18:39:13.709] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Endurance/Parts/Internals/commandIVA/enduranceCommandIVA'

[ERR 18:39:13.744] InternalCameraSwitch: cameraTransform 'camInt1' is null

[ERR 18:39:13.746] InternalCameraSwitch: colliderTransform 'intCam1' is null

[ERR 18:39:13.748] InternalCameraSwitch: cameraTransform 'camInt2' is null

[ERR 18:39:13.749] InternalCameraSwitch: colliderTransform 'intCam2' is null

[ERR 18:39:13.751] InternalCameraSwitch: cameraTransform 'camInt3' is null

[ERR 18:39:13.752] InternalCameraSwitch: colliderTransform 'intCam3' is null

[ERR 18:39:13.754] InternalCameraSwitch: cameraTransform 'camInt4' is null

[ERR 18:39:13.756] InternalCameraSwitch: colliderTransform 'intCam4' is null

[ERR 18:39:13.757] InternalCameraSwitch: cameraTransform 'camInt5' is null

[ERR 18:39:13.759] InternalCameraSwitch: colliderTransform 'intCam5' is null

Removing the offending InternalCameraSwitch modules from commandIVA config removed these errors but did not resolve the missing IVA props.

So, i've played around with the part cfg's and the below file should contain all that is neccessary to use the Endurance with KIS instead of KAS.

For anyone who wants to give it a try:

http://1drv.ms/1KoRKif

The zip contains 3 modified files:

container.cfg

flag.cfg

inventoryBox.cfg

These Files go in GameData\Endurance\Parts\Colony.

For the changes to work properly, also the MM_KAS.cfg from that folder should be removed (or renamed to keep a backup).

Explanation of changes:

container.cfg: added module control for KIS to display an Inventory. Internal Volume set to 20.000L (based on the default KIS Inline container which has roughly the same external dimensions), also contains 64 slots for items inside and can be accessed only from EVA (meaning there needs to be a Kerbal next to the container to open it)

flag.cfg: added controls to allow the flagpost to be secured to the ground

inventoryBox.cfg: same as for container, internal volume set to 500L (roughly visually half the size of defaul KIS small container which has 1000L), external volume set to 600L (obviously takes up more space than the volume it provides), can be carried on the kerbal as a backpack, slots layout 6x4 (24 slots)

NEW FEATURES which are possible after changing it to KIS:

- ANY ITEM can be stored inside, even those which do not have any volume parameter assigned in their .cfg.

The game just calculates the volume needed based on the model mesh.

This means that as long as you have the Volume available, you can store the item.

- Container in Container is not a useless space hog anymore while transporting it up: you can store items in a Box and then store the Box inside the big container. This way you could organise items or add more slots if you need to carry a lot of different small items (Box takes up one slot and 600L in container and by itself adds 24 slots with 500L volume)

- Some items can be stacked, so they take only one slot, unfortunately this is controlled by the given item's .cfg

Using KIS instead of KAS gives a lot more fun stuff to play around and i really recommend it (Kerbal personal inventories, wrenches to attach stuff etc.):)

CHEAT:

Viper fitting inside of the container (normally it wouldnt but i added an OverrideVolume parameter :P):

http://1drv.ms/1KoRPmd

@benjee10: Feel free to include it in the pack if you should wish to

On a side note, i believe the RCS output of the Lander and possibly Ranger too should be pumped up to 3-4 (i've put mine even to 5) in order to be able to use the RCS system as maneuvering thrusters while in hover mode over a planet's surface - now when the power is set to 1 it is too weak for that, you have to turn the ship and use the main engine to move around which is not really ideal for a hovercraft ;)

Edited by Jasseji

Anyone having problems with the docking ports on the lander getting too hot and exploding? While trying to get to orbit in a single stage?

If you see shock heating while you're trying to get to orbit, you're going way to fast, throttle down a bit

I seem to have an issue with attaching anything to the bottom of the ranger launch adapter, it seems i cant attach anything onto its attachment node, is there anything i can do?

Edit: turns out turning on the "non-strict part attachment orientation checks" cheat fixed this issue. hmm

Edited by ElliottKitson

I seem to have an issue with attaching anything to the bottom of the ranger launch adapter, it seems i cant attach anything onto its attachment node, is there anything i can do?

Edit: turns out turning on the "non-strict part attachment orientation checks" cheat fixed this issue. hmm

I noticed the same issue with the engines, colonization modules and docking ports. I think some of the affected nodes have not yet been inverted to work with 1.0.2.

So, can I build a base on a planet without putting the equipment in the storage containers? I assembled the entire ship in orbit but didn't prepare for any base building stuff. I noticed that there was an inflatable habitat already in one of my storage containers, can I bring that to a planet, and if so, how? Sorry, I'm new to the attachment system mod.

So, can I build a base on a planet without putting the equipment in the storage containers? I assembled the entire ship in orbit but didn't prepare for any base building stuff. I noticed that there was an inflatable habitat already in one of my storage containers, can I bring that to a planet, and if so, how? Sorry, I'm new to the attachment system mod.

all the units are separate from any attachment mod so you can place them wherever you want ;)

emmm what do you mean ?

you undock the given module while in space, wait until it's away from the ring then dock the lander to it

Ah, thanks. That's exactly what I was asking.

I love this xD

- - - Updated - - -

I used this mod in a little video. It is an extremely accurate retelling of Interstellar, but from Dr. Mann's point of view.

I love this xD

how goes the Lazarus pod?
soonâ„¢

Glad to hear it! I just installed KIS so I may give the whole Lazarus mission a go.

Any chance you could spill what features you have for the Lazarus pod? I'd be happy if I could just store Kerbals in it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.