[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

I might be "late" for this, but I don't know if you know that in the "Board the Endurance" webpage (the webpage with the 3D model of Endurance) there is an interior mode for the Ranger. You can look around inside, go through it, and sit in the seat. I think this might help with the IVA, but you might have already known about this.

Ugh, you think you are the first to point that out? Please look through the thread first before suggesting something repeatedly!

Ugh, you think you are the first to point that out? Please look through the thread first before suggesting something repeatedly!

@SpaceXray: It's no big deal. I had actually forgotten about that until I read his post. Helped me with the latest revision of the IVA. I'd perfer people that are eager to help rather than people who are worried constantly about reposting something. Also, who is Dan, and why are we freeing him?

@benjee: What angle are those docking ports at? The one on the ranger is 25 degrees from horizontal, and then I think they're tilted inward towards each other a little bit as well.

Edited by Shryq

@SpaceXray: It's no big deal. I had actually forgotten about that until I read his post. Helped me with the latest revision of the IVA. I'd perfer people that are eager to help rather than people who are worried constantly about reposting something. Also, who is Dan, and why are we freeing him?

@benjee: What angle are those docking ports at? The one on the ranger is 25 degrees from horizontal, and then I think they're tilted inward towards each other a little bit as well.

Yeah, the thread has grown a lot. This is probably my most anticipated mod! iDan122 is a guy who was banned months ago and people made numerous petitions like this hashtag for example, but with no luck.

I wonder why why in the movie they turn the seats and command panels 90° up in orbit, is it to get a better view through the top windows? But the Ranger docks backwards so there is almost no point!

By the way, will the Endurance have 4 docking nodes on the ring connections just like the original?

By the way, will the Endurance have 4 docking nodes on the ring connections just like the original?

Adding docking ports is incredibly easy. If they're there in the movie, we can probably add them, but I guess that's technically up to benjee.

I've remade the windows on the lander, didn't touch the engines. I'm not really sure how to make the RCS ports, I'll leave that and texturing to you benjee :)

I'll work on the IVA now~

https://www.dropbox.com/s/838um3hv5778w7t/HMlander.blend?dl=0

http://i.imgur.com/vmecWRZ.png

RCS ports are probably best to be done all through texturing with clever diff and nrm alignment, then, later go in and assign RCS ports over those spots in (unity I think, this is where my modding knowledge stops XD)

EDIT: Also, I just read that about half of the shots in the movie with the interstellar used a real scale model

IMG_4348_LARGE.jpg?62f061

So if anybody has money and connections to Christopher Nolan try to get BenJee access to this XD

Edited by Sippyfrog

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.