[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

I believe it also has just a regular jet mode, judging by a few things. There is an intake at the front, and when you look at the shots when he hits the frozen cloud, there is no blue. bfRS4l0.jpg

Edited by 66ukly

Hello all,

Listen, I'm having a lot of trouble installing this wonderful mod. I have downloaded it, extracted the Endurance files to the KSP game data folder (I use Winrar and Steam version of the game) and merged the "Ships" files with the Ships folder in the KSP directory. ;.;

The problem is that I cannot get this mod to work and I have tried and tried again. The parts do not show up at all in any of the buildings e.g the Endurance module isn't in Pods. This kind of thing has happened with other 0.90 mods which I want to install.

Can the person who reads this please give a DETAILED guide on EXACTLY what they did to install it properly.

There is definitely something I am missing here.

Thankyou so much.

Anyway, at the end of interstellar cooper gets into a smaller, newer next generation ranger. There is only one image on Google

/\

I

I

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh... I didn't see this before... But yeah... Woops!

Thanks guys! I'll see what I can do in terms of implementing all the suggestions!

In slight off-topicness, just got back from seeing Interstellar live at the Royal Albert Hall in London. It was good. It was very good. It was mind-bogglingly exceptional. I got to meet Nolan, Hans Zimmer, Jessica Chastain as well as Brian Cox and Stephen Hawking! It was incredible. This film deserves to be called a masterpiece by the soundtrack alone.

Thanks guys! I'll see what I can do in terms of implementing all the suggestions!

In slight off-topicness, just got back from seeing Interstellar live at the Royal Albert Hall in London. It was good. It was very good. It was mind-bogglingly exceptional. I got to meet Nolan, Hans Zimmer, Jessica Chastain as well as Brian Cox and Stephen Hawking! It was incredible. This film deserves to be called a masterpiece by the soundtrack alone.

Omg you are lucky!

My envy is reaching all-time highs.

thanks guys! I'll see what i can do in terms of implementing all the suggestions!

In slight off-topicness, just got back from seeing interstellar live at the royal albert hall in london. It was good. It was very good. It was mind-bogglingly exceptional. I got to meet nolan, hans zimmer, jessica chastain as well as brian cox and stephen hawking! It was incredible. This film deserves to be called a masterpiece by the soundtrack alone.

lucky!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello all,

Listen, I'm having a lot of trouble installing this wonderful mod. I have downloaded it, extracted the Endurance files to the KSP game data folder (I use Winrar and Steam version of the game) and merged the "Ships" files with the Ships folder in the KSP directory. ;.;

The problem is that I cannot get this mod to work and I have tried and tried again. The parts do not show up at all in any of the buildings e.g the Endurance module isn't in Pods. This kind of thing has happened with other 0.90 mods which I want to install.

Can the person who reads this please give a DETAILED guide on EXACTLY what they did to install it properly.

There is definitely something I am missing here.

Thankyou so much.

do you have outdated mods installed? I just dragged the Endurance folder into my GameData folder

Current work on the colony modules:

yAqLcum.png

From left to right, a storage module for KAS/KIS, a large flagpole which will be place-able through KAS, a kerbal for scale, the current experiment pod, and a deployable science lab. I plan to make a deployable inflatable habitation module too.

http://i.imgur.com/yAqLcum.png

From left to right, a storage module for KAS/KIS, a large flagpole which will be place-able through KAS, a kerbal for scale, the current experiment pod, and a deployable science lab. I plan to make a deployable inflatable habitation module too.

Incredible! This mod is just amazing! :D

Also, just a quick question: what is your standpoint on adding the mini Rangers? Sorry if this has been answered already, but this thread is really lengthy.

http://i.imgur.com/yAqLcum.png

GASP! Oh my lord... THE HYPE IS REAL.

6RUZQiM.png

I'm thinking 4 types of module, so you can bring two of each on a single Endurance. The mini containers will fit inside the giant KAS container. Possibly they will have different functions e.g. mini science experiments you can carry around, Just brainstorming at the moment. Also no idea how to go about getting shape key animations into Unity for the inflation effect.

Thomas988: The mini-ranger is planned, but only after the rest is done. The goal at the moment is to get the Endurance viable as a colonisation ship and hopefully reasonably balanced for career mode. When it's done you should be able to build a decent sized base on almost any body. The mini-ranger doesn't really help with that and is more of a standalone vehicle. Hopefully I can make it just one or two parts for simplicity.

I've been following this thread from the beginning, and for a time I even had the parts in my inventory, but I just watched the movie for the first time last night...

Meh.

But the visual effects were fantastic, obviously, and this mod is indeed a very faithful recreation of the ships from the movie, so bravo Benjee10! :)

I'll probably reinstall it again when you've got most of the hab and science modules released, because as of now there's just really not much to 'do' with the ships by themselves, you know?

Anyway, my $0.02. Again, kudos, and I look forward to continued development of this extremely high quality mod. Later! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.