[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

When I was mesing with ksp on linux one time all he kernels on the main screen background were looking away from the camera and I saw a shovel and some dirt like they had just buried someone on the moon.
That's a stock KSP eater egg

Wait, is THAT what that's supposed to be??? I thought they were just digging for samples... :(

Hi friends! I'm experiencing a weird bug...

I have my Apollo-style orbiter and lander on the way to the Moon, but whenever I try to undock the CM so I can pull off the lander, the docking port stays connected, and the whole vehicle starts pitching back and forth wildly, whether RCS is activated or not.

PrrsGHS.jpg

Here's my set-up: lander capsule, docking port, decoupler, engine. Connected in that order.

A previous launch in this configuration was fine (but my lander was poorly designed, and I had to abort in lunar orbit).

So, two things: why won't the port disconnect? When I try, why does the ship start pitching back and forth?

This also occurs if I try to decouple either of the decouplers above or below the lander. :/

Thanks in advance!

I suspect I`m taking on a rather large project, but I woukd like to use this set of mods with a stock sized Sol system. (That`s available in the first post in RSS.) Do I need to change the cfg files to match that size...? (Which I really hope isn`t the case! :P ) or do things scale to the version of RSS in use?

Just leeping the question alive!

Thank you in advance!

Hi friends! I'm experiencing a weird bug...

I have my Apollo-style orbiter and lander on the way to the Moon, but whenever I try to undock the CM so I can pull off the lander, the docking port stays connected, and the whole vehicle starts pitching back and forth wildly, whether RCS is activated or not.

http://i.imgur.com/PrrsGHS.jpg

Here's my set-up: lander capsule, docking port, decoupler, engine. Connected in that order.

A previous launch in this configuration was fine (but my lander was poorly designed, and I had to abort in lunar orbit).

So, two things: why won't the port disconnect? When I try, why does the ship start pitching back and forth?

This also occurs if I try to decouple either of the decouplers above or below the lander. :/

Thanks in advance!

That's kind of strange. It could be something in the config file, or in the behavior of the Apollo docking ports, I can't say I've seen that before. Care to try an alternate setup?

Try using the Procedural Fairings interstage, attach the bottom node of the interstage to the top node of the S-IVB. Middle node (top of the interstage model) to a decoupler at the bottom of the LEM, and the very top node to the bottom node of the CSM. Scale appropriately and put panels around it.

That should work, then you can try re-docking with the LEM and undocking and see if that works.

Just leeping the question alive!

Thank you in advance!

RO doesn't take into account what size solar system you're using. Everything will be scaled as if you're using the Real Solar System size.

However, there is something of a fix (WARNING: this will be buggy) you could try:

Make a config file with

PART[*]:HAS[rescaleFactor]:FINAL
{
@rescaleFactor *= 0.5 //Or whatever size factor you want to apply
}
PART[*]:HAS[!rescaleFactor]:FINAL
{
rescaleFactor = 0.625 //Note that the default rescaleFactor is 1.25, so if the part doesn't have a rescalefactor yet, need to account for it. (1.25*0.5 = 0.625)
}

Note that this will only change sizes, you'll need to do something similar for masses, fuel tank volumes, thrusts, etc. It's probably a metric crapton of work. Probably easier to just play in the Real Solar System, and way more fun too! (Don't know how anyone can stand the microplanet syndrome Stock KSP has...)

I made some .cfg files to make the Probes and Landers pack from Lionhead Aerospace compatible with RO. I haven't found the time to get into gitHub, so now I've just uploaded them to this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvbt8360bfzxtlg/LH_Overhaul.rar?dl=0

I hope they're useful!

I've only looked at the Hermes and Atlas probes so far, but both appear to be correctly sized and massed. One thing to note, however, is that the Voyager probes actually contained Hydrazine and had 16 Hydrazine thrusters on them. As it currently stands, your probe has no room for any fuel.

I've only looked at the Hermes and Atlas probes so far, but both appear to be correctly sized and massed. One thing to note, however, is that the Voyager probes actually contained Hydrazine and had 16 Hydrazine thrusters on them. As it currently stands, your probe has no room for any fuel.

As you have noticed I have mostly just adjusted the numbers. The Hermes uses the small probe booster to boost it on its way, and since I don't know how to change or add engines I have just added the real fuels and correct thrust for the engines where it was possible. If I remember correctly the Voyager was the only probe where I wasn't able to replicate the thrusters correctly.

In case someone know how to give the Voyager the correct thrusters it would be awesome! As for adding fuel for the thrusters you can just add a tank of the needed propellant to the probe itself using ModuleFuelTanks.

Kerbal Space Program 0.90!

Well, this means more work for everyone! I will keep the OP updated with what's working and what's not, so keep checking back. I'll make a post here once all the dependencies have been updated.

there is a linux utility called remastersys that turns your current linux installation with all of your setting into a bootable live disk. I am kinda thinking a ubuntu x64 would be good. at a certain time when all of the mods and settings are updated I could do a fresh install, add ckan, ksp, and all of the mods. The only problem is KSP isn't free.

Unless Ferram finishes his wing code overhaul for the next update (unlikely, there's still a lot of work to be done there), there will be no aerodynamics changes.

No idea yet, given its similarity in appearance, may scale it to match stats on STS, or perhaps Buran.

It'd be pretty much the same, the dimensions of the two are very close. I remember B9 HL parts being once scaled to the Shuttle, but I'd prefer to have them more like large cargo plane parts.

Unless Ferram finishes his wing code overhaul for the next update (unlikely, there's still a lot of work to be done there), there will be no aerodynamics changes.

It'd be pretty much the same, the dimensions of the two are very close. I remember B9 HL parts being once scaled to the Shuttle, but I'd prefer to have them more like large cargo plane parts.

I was speaking of the new stock aerodynamics.

There were no aerodynamic changes in stock KSP. I know that it was said that stock aero was going to be looked into implying change but no such change has happened yet.

Probably would have been to much difficulty increase at the same time together with SAS changes.

EgiUk7j.png theres a pic of the shovel. I forgot to take a SS of the next screen with all the kerbals but they are all looking away from the screen like they are sad. Liike I said before It looks to me like they just buried someone. Anyway I found out its from the toolbar mod that is recomended on ckan. I really dont see why its that useful so I usually dont include it but i must have forgot thia time.

there is a linux utility called remastersys that turns your current linux installation with all of your setting into a bootable live disk. I am kinda thinking a ubuntu x64 would be good. at a certain time when all of the mods and settings are updated I could do a fresh install, add ckan, ksp, and all of the mods. The only problem is KSP isn't free.

If you have the steam version you don't have to pay for it again, just install steam.

I run KSP on ubuntu and its ....ing awesome...once you get ubuntu working .

If you have the steam version you don't have to pay for it again, just install steam.

I run KSP on ubuntu and its ....ing awesome...once you get ubuntu working .

I was saying it was a problem because i couldn't distribute a live distort with a commercial product installed.

http://i.imgur.com/EgiUk7j.png theres a pic of the shovel. I forgot to take a SS of the next screen with all the kerbals but they are all looking away from the screen like they are sad. Liike I said before It looks to me like they just buried someone. Anyway I found out its from the toolbar mod that is recomended on ckan. I really dont see why its that useful so I usually dont include it but i must have forgot thia time.

Ooooh that. I don't *think* it's meant to be a burial.... it's also not a stock easter egg. One of the mods adds that. I forget which one.