[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Bug report with CKAN installation

Hey, I just recently tried installing realism overhaul through CKAN. I check the box for Realism overhaul, went to "Go to changes" tab and continued. Everything enabled on the recommended page

A few mods enabled on the suggestion page. After that I pressed continue and it started the install... Except for in the beginning it comes up with

"About to remove:

Done!

Module TACLS required, but not listed in index, or not available for your version of KSP

Error!

"

So... I tried uncheck the TACL mod... then that error disappeared but then another mod had the same issue (Biome addon) and then tried disabling that.. and another mod. Seems like all the mods are conflicting.

Is there any way of fixing this?

Thanks,

Hoaz

Hey, I just recently tried installing realism overhaul through CKAN. I check the box for Realism overhaul, went to "Go to changes" tab and continued. Everything enabled on the recommended page

A few mods enabled on the suggestion page. After that I pressed continue and it started the install... Except for in the beginning it comes up with

"About to remove:

Done!

Module TACLS required, but not listed in index, or not available for your version of KSP

Error!

"

So... I tried uncheck the TACL mod... then that error disappeared but then another mod had the same issue (Biome addon) and then tried disabling that.. and another mod. Seems like all the mods are conflicting.

Thanks,

Hoaz

Yep I am having the exact same issue.

"About to remove:

Done!

Error!

"

Thanks,

Hoaz

Yep I am having the exact same issue.

Doop de dooo, don't mind me, just standing here pointing at the big bold red letters at the top of the RealismOverhaul OP saying that CKAN install is still a little bit broken and will either take some finagling, or outright won't work at this point. It should be done later this afternoon. :D

Is that supposed to work like that? I installed the new version and it took 30-mins + and when I came back to it, it was only a quarter way through :(

Yeah, active texture management will do that to you. It has to process all the textures in the game.

"About to remove:

Done!

Error!

"

Thanks,

Hoaz

I'm having this issue, too. I refreshed the repository after seeing that it had been fixed; no dice. Disabling the optional TACLS module will then cause it to grumble about RasterPropMonitor.

I'm having this issue, too. I refreshed the repository after seeing that it had been fixed; no dice. Disabling the optional TACLS module will then cause it to grumble about RasterPropMonitor.

Raster Prop monitor is not available for 0.90 yet, so any mods that depend on it (FASA, Alcor, etc) will not install via CKAN.

Otherwise CKAN installation is go for 0.90

Doop de dooo, don't mind me, just standing here pointing at the big bold red letters at the top of the RealismOverhaul OP saying that CKAN install is still a little bit broken and will either take some finagling, or outright won't work at this point. It should be done later this afternoon. :D

Well I screwed around with things for a little while and got things to work. It either had something to do with MechJeb or one of the mods on the third screen because when those were unselected it worked. Whatever, it doesn't really matter. I suppose I can install those separately later.

Hi again. Sorry if I sound a bit like an idiot... but I am still having the same issues :S Is there an update for CKAN I need to install?

AHA! I found the conflicting addon... it is TACLS one (config)

Thanks for your work,

Hoaz.

Edited by Hoaz

TACLS, FASA, and Universal Storage TAC will cause the installation to fail if they are ticked as you progress through the install steps. Unticking those allows the installation to continue. Note that FASA can be installed manually from the forum thread.

I think there should be a version of payload fairing bases without the decouplers built into them.

For example some early satellites did have fairings on top of them but did not detach from their booster stages and having a decoupler present in such case is a problem.

How to use the engine control groups?

Thank you!

As DoctorJOn said... I disabled all of those and now I got this error "Unhandle exception: System.Transactions.TransactionException: Fail... " You know what, here is an imgur picture of the full error message:

aJhcB8V.png?1

Pressing "DISMISS" Will crash CKAN.exe

Edited by Hoaz

Does anyone have a fix for this issue? During boot of ksp, after module manager loads patches, the game ceases to load, I have looked up the problem and found nothing that can fix it. If you need any more info I will put it up.

What it stops loading on for me is:AIES_Areospace/Engine/AIESconstelacion/part/liquidEngineconstelacion

Does anyone have a fix for this issue? During boot of ksp, after module manager loads patches, the game ceases to load, I have looked up the problem and found nothing that can fix it. If you need any more info I will put it up.

What it stops loading on for me is:AIES_Areospace/Engine/AIESconstelacion/part/liquidEngineconstelacion

Very likely a 'running out of RAM' issue. Try reducing the RSS textures to a lower step, or installing fewer mods. If that doesn't resolve it, post an output_log.txt so we can try to diagnose it further.

As DoctorJOn said... I disabled all of those and now I got this error "Unhandle exception: System.Transactions.TransactionException: Fail... " You know what, here is an imgur picture of the full error message:

http://i.imgur.com/aJhcB8V.png?1

Pressing "DISMISS" Will crash CKAN.exe

That is very bizarre. I can't say I've seen it before, have you tried downloading the latest functional release from here? https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases

TACLS, FASA, and Universal Storage TAC will cause the installation to fail if they are ticked as you progress through the install steps. Unticking those allows the installation to continue. Note that FASA can be installed manually from the forum thread.

Agreed, I'll go pop that into the OP.

Very likely a 'running out of RAM' issue. Try reducing the RSS textures to a lower step, or installing fewer mods. If that doesn't resolve it, post an output_log.txt so we can try to diagnose it further.

Can you tell me how to put an output log in advance just in case, and also will using active texture management aggressive instead of default help it?

I just did a whole launch, orbit and land mission with the new update. Needless to say, I am very pleased with this update.

One question, are Remote Tech and Engine ignitor updated for RO? I'm guessing they should work right away if they are updated to 0.90 but I could be wrong

Edited by coldblade2000