decoupler and seperator structure failure

I have used cubic octagonal strut to build a rover vehicle and it has a seat so kerbals can ride it. I have made a model to test it on Kerbin so I have added mk1pod and decoupler or seperator on rover so later I can deatach when kerbal change control pod. but as soon I click on decouple whole cubic octagonal strut structure breaks so structure deatach from wheels and all other parts and fall down. but also decouple didn't even decoupled and I can even ride that like it nothing happened even if structure does not exist anymore because it has fallen out only maybe if some wheels have fallen out but it all works normal so I have like half invisible rover. also decouple and mk1 pod are still on it's place but it is not possible to decouple again. This is really funny and very annoying problem because it happen no matter which decouple or seperator I put. Seems like some major bugs with that cubic octagonal strut and decouples. It is interesting because that never happened to me until now. I am on v0.25.0.642 and I am using only stock parts.

Edited by RussaX

ok I found out a problem. When I use Elevon 1 part as soon as I do seperation structure starts to shake terribly and everything explode like two things are too tight together. No matter on which thing do I place elevon cubic structure will explode and fly in parts.

also this will happen only when I seperate main pod, when I seperate for exaple secondary pod then everything is normal. I think this is very strange and I wonder for SQUAD to have such a big bugs after so long time of developing this game. Also placing things on their place was never fixed since launch of this game.

Edited by RussaX

Decoupler failure is usually attributed to part clipping. If you accidently clip a part into the decoupler, the decoupler won't work. This can be avoided by using stack separators.

I have updated previous post, read it. clipping parts? I dont think so, no single clip (if you dont count 1% of clipping cubic octagonal strut which is normal. problem is with Elevon 1 , seperator and fisrt pod ( maybe also with cubic octagonal strut but not sure jet)

ok I found out a problem. When I use Elevon 1 part as soon as I do seperation structure starts to shake terribly and everything explode like two things are too tight together. No matter on which thing do I place elevon cubic structure will explode and fly in parts.

also this will happen only when I seperate main pod, when I seperate for exaple secondary pod then everything is normal. I think this is very strange and I wonder for SQUAD to have such a big bugs after so long time of developing this game. Also placing things on their place was never fixed since launch of this game.

Ok I know what the shaking is caused by. Do not connect rover wheels to cubic struts if possible. I have had this issue before when most of the rovers rigidity is from cubic struts.

Does this make sense in you're case?

Ok I know what the shaking is caused by. Do not connect rover wheels to cubic struts if possible. I have had this issue before when most of the rovers rigidity is from cubic struts.

Does this make sense in you're case?

No, still the same I tryed to use different things to connect wheels to. Try by yourself connect things I mentioned. very strange and this never happened to me before. I have been doing this things many times but difference this time is that I am using Elevon 1.

Attaching wheels to cubic struts is perfectly OK, never failed me. What you should never do is to use massless parts (including COS) as root part of your craft.

I was thinking about that command seat but I did not started vessel with that part as a root. I even tryed without that part and everything works fine. Problem is with things I mentioned in previous posts.

I was thinking about that command seat but I did not started vessel with that part as a root. I even tryed without that part and everything works fine. Problem is with things I mentioned in previous posts.

Never seen psychics on this forum. Screenshots/craft file?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.