The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

So apparently if [Moderator removed defunct website] is down, we get a rather inelegant message "502 bad gateway". Is there any way to failover to the github server if available?

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

I keep getting a "Failed to Connect to repository error. Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." I've been using ckan without trouble until now. :\

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. I just didn't have the current version >.<

Edited by JDCollie

So this is neat. Coming back to KSP after a while away and thought I would try this to get me up and running. Frankly I am surprised it took so long for a KSP packager to appear since these types of programs are quite common in other games that have heavy mod support.

Anyway so I grabbed the latest version and went to use it to try and install RSS/RO but it just errors out saying TACLS isn't installed. TACLS doesn't appear anywhere in CKANs list either. So I installed TACLS manually, and then went to try and install RSS/RO through CKAN again and still get the error about TACLS not being installed. How do I get CKAN to recognize that I installed it manually?

Ok managed to get through that by just not installing anything that depends on TACLS.

But now I can't get anything actually installed because at some, random, point in the download the program crashes with the following exception:

System.Transactions.TransactionException: Failed to roll back: System.IO.IOEXception: The process cannot access the file ****\AppData\Local\Temp\CdFileMgr\37492486-b3fb-4f.tmp because it is being used by another process.

And yes I only have one running instance of CKAN.

Edited by Agathorn

Ok so after reading through tons of pages here and checking the issue tracker I see that my problem is due to the download taking too long and there is nothing I can do to solve it :(

Someone mentioned using the CLI instead and I am trying that now, but I can't figure out how to select the optionals like in the GUI so I might end up with a mess. At this point I think it would have been easier to just install everything by hand like in the past :) But I really want to see this thing work so I am sticking it out. It certainly has potential.

Edited by Agathorn

Ok well I got a bunch of 403 errors when installing, and now CKAN has installed some mods, not others, and several of the ones it itself installed are marked as AD.

So CKAN seems to have gotten itself into a totally invalid state, which really should never happen. I'm just going to wipe GameData and install by hand I guess.

Everyone that is encountering HTTP 403/ 402 issues yesterday and today, this is due to a KerbalStuff outage.

In order to reliably use CKAN during these periods I urge you to switch to one of our official (99.9% uptime) mirrors:

http://amsterdam.ksp-ckan.org/master.zip
http://nurnberg.ksp-ckan.org/master.zip

Here is how to setup your CKAN install to use a mirror:

1) Command- line users

Use the --repo option when updating then use CKAN as usual

ckan update --repo="http://amsterdam.ksp-ckan.org/master.zip"

2) GUI users

Copy/ paste the repo URL into the CKAN Repository box under CKAN Settings and click 'Apply' as shown on the image below:

TvkpVym.png

Edited by nlight

Switching repos to a mirror from the CLI does not seem to work on a Mac. It just prints the list of commands as if the command was misspelled.

Hey, sorry I misspelled the cmdline syntax, the repo option should go *after* update, should be fixed now.

Everyone that is encountering HTTP 403/ 402 issues yesterday and today, this is due to a KerbalStuff outage.

In order to reliably use CKAN during these periods I urge you to switch to one of our official (99.9% uptime) mirrors:

http://amsterdam.ksp-ckan.org/master.zip
http://nurnberg.ksp-ckan.org/master.zip

Here is how to setup your CKAN install to use a mirror:

1) Command- line users

Use the --repo option when updating then use CKAN as usual

ckan update --repo="http://amsterdam.ksp-ckan.org/master.zip"

2) GUI users

Copy/ paste the repo URL into the CKAN Repository box under CKAN Settings and click 'Apply' as shown on the image below:

http://i.imgur.com/TvkpVym.png

My problem may have been due to outages, but it is irrelevant really. The *real* problem is that it started erroring out halfway through downloads, so *some* mods actually got installed by CKAN and some didn't. And all the ones it *did* install, it didn't even recognize that it itself installed them because it marked them as AD. I'm sure you will agree that a mod manager should never, ever, leave the installs in an invalid state. It should either properly install everything, or completely roll back.

I'm sure you will agree that a mod manager should never, ever, leave the installs in an invalid state.

Yes, this is one of the main design goals of CKAN.

It should either properly install everything, or completely roll back.

CKAN does it's best to reach that goal. Improvement pull requests welcome.

My problem may have been due to outages, but it is irrelevant really. The *real* problem is that it started erroring out halfway through downloads, so *some* mods actually got installed by CKAN and some didn't. And all the ones it *did* install, it didn't even recognize that it itself installed them because it marked them as AD. I'm sure you will agree that a mod manager should never, ever, leave the installs in an invalid state. It should either properly install everything, or completely roll back.

Hey, sorry if it seemed like the other issue didn't get noticed. I submitted this as an issue 4 hours ago and we're already working on the problem :)

Hey, sorry if it seemed like the other issue didn't get noticed. I submitted this as an issue 4 hours ago and we're already working on the problem :)

No worries, and sorry also if I came off harsh. I was really excited to use this, but between the timeouts due to download speed and the above issue, it was just a mess that left me depressed :(

Ok, just ran into a bug. ModuleRCSFX was autodetected by CKAN. (Actually, has for a while but I was lazy and just now decided to switch from autodetected and let CKAN update.) Anyway, as I've done with other mods, I go into the gamedata folder, delete the folder for the mod, and then go back to CKAN. However, when I hit Refresh, I get the following error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

The following inconsistecies were found:

USI-EXP requires ModuleRCSFX but nothing provides it at CKAN.SanityChecker.EnforceConsistency(IEnumerable`1 modules, IEnumerable`1 dlls)

at CKAN.RegistryManager.Save()

at CKAN.KSP.ScanGameData()

at CKAN.Main.UpdateRepo()

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

ckan

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/B.J/Downloads/ckan.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

Microsoft.GeneratedCode

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Transactions

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

System.Numerics

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll

System.Runtime.Serialization

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll

System.Xml.Linq

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

System.EnterpriseServices

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I just noticed that the BoxSat is listed 2 times. I did a refresh, it didn't go away.

One is for the released parts of BoxSat, the other for the prototype parts. I'll check whether the names are recognizably different.

Ok, just ran into a bug. ModuleRCSFX was autodetected by CKAN. (Actually, has for a while but I was lazy and just now decided to switch from autodetected and let CKAN update.) Anyway, as I've done with other mods, I go into the gamedata folder, delete the folder for the mod, and then go back to CKAN. However, when I hit Refresh, I get the following error:

Un install USI-EXP (Probably USI exporation pack) and re-install it

USI exporation pack has a dependancy for ModuleRCSFX. If you remove one of the dependancis for eny mod, CKAN HANGES it self

Edited by sralica

That's a great mod manager you got there. I switched to it the moment I discovered it.

Aaaaand I have a question: I have KSP installed in two different machines (both windows), and I would like to make sure CKAN installs the same mods on both of them. How can I get the exact list of mods from the first installation and make CKAN install that same mod list on the second installation?

Like copying the file wich handles wich mods I should have installed (if there was such thing in CKAN) and make the second CKAN install from that list

Edited by Eddlm

That's a great mod manager you got there. I switched to it the moment I discovered it.

Aaaaand I have a question: I have KSP installed in two different machines (both windows), and I would like to make sure CKAN installs the same mods on both of them. How can I get the exact list of mods from the first installation and make CKAN install that same mod list on the second installation?

ckan list

will give you a list of installed mods

Like copying the file wich handles wich mods I should have installed (if there was such thing in CKAN) and make the second CKAN install from that list

Interesting idea. Would you mind terribly to hop over to our github ( https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-support/issues ) and enter an enchancement request?

I know about ckan list. I was hoping there was some way to copy the modlist from one CKAN to another. The ckan list solution "forces" me to go to the other ckan and start installing mods from that list, and I would need to do it everytime I install a new mod on any of the installations.

I think I'll make some magic with some sync program to syncronize both installations, this way I have all the ships and saves synchronized, too.

And, yeah, I'll see If I can explain that enhancement well there.

EDIT: Done. I don't know how to add the label:enhancement, though.

Edited by Eddlm

Un install USI-EXP (Probably USI exporation pack) and re-install it

USI exporation pack has a dependancy for ModuleRCSFX. If you remove one of the dependancis for eny mod, CKAN HANGES it self

Thank you!