The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Any chance of the CKAN gui getting a feature to put up a message when there's a new release of CKAN? It's getting so I have to check the releases page daily!

Not only a chance but CKAN is getting an auto-updater very soon :)

Awesome tool! Well, hypothetically, for me at least: I am greatly saddened to report that CKAN won't work for me, either the GUI or the CLI. I'm getting the same kinds of errors as Poldi (post #481) and yeliabmit (post #483). I've submitted an issue on CKAN's github page (issue #736).

Edit: I'm still on windows xp. AlexanderDzhoganov was kind enough to enlighten me that on windows CKAN uses .net, not mono (<slaps forehead> duh, when I think about it). I'll try running it under mono and see what happens.

Edit 2: It's aliiiive!

So, my fellow windows xp dinosaurs, here's what you do:

1. download and install Mono
  2. add the Mono install directory to your system PATH variable
  3. import trusted root certificates from Mozilla into Mono's certificate store
    - from a command line, run
    mozroots --import --ask-remove

If all you want is the command line client, you're done!
    If you want the gui, too:
    The latest version of Mono available for windows is 3.2.3, which has a configuration bug: a couple of lines in a config file are missing the qualifier

os = "!windows"

This causes Mono to go looking for library files it doesn't need, and crash when it can't find them.
    The fix is trivial:

4. edit the Mono config file <path-to-mono>\etc\mono\config (e.g. c:\program files\mono-3.2.3\etc\mon\config)
    down near the bottom are the two offending lines:
    <dllmap dll="gdiplus" target="/tmp/install/lib/libgdiplus.so"/>
    <dllmap dll="gdiplus.dll" target="/tmp/install/lib/libgdiplus.so"/>

You can either delete them, or fix them properly by adding ' os="!windows" ' to each line, like so:

<dllmap dll="gdiplus" target="/tmp/install/lib/libgdiplus.so" os="!windows"/>
    <dllmap dll="gdiplus.dll" target="/tmp/install/lib/libgdiplus.so" os="!windows"/>

either works. (See bugzilla report Wrong dll mapping for libgdiplus under Windows)

Note that (for windows xp) this fixes the "System.IO.FileNotFoundException" Known Error mentioned in the User Guide. CKAN now works (brilliantly!) under windows xp. However, also note that this solution is not officially supported.

Mmmmmm, savor that sweet mod install goodness... Great job guys! CKAN is effing awesome.

Edited by wreckreation
clarification and update

Feature request: When doing the refresh, have it check the CKAN version as well

or

When starting up, have it check the current version against the latest available.

I think this would help avoid some problems. I've had a few issues in the past few days where it wasn't working, and it turned out that I needed to update it.

How big a deal is it to change the Name of a mod? (The "name" value, not the "identifier" value in the Net-Kan file.)

As I've changed how one of my mods works, I'd really like to change the name if I can.

D.

Not sure the best place to report this. Since yesterday I have received BadMetadataKraken whenever I 'ckan update'

I'm on OSX Yosemite and the tool had been working fine. Output is below. Since I'm not seeing others report the same issue I'll also include my currently installed mods (as reported by 'ckan list'

ben@Jupiter /Volumes/Data/Users/ben/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program $ mono ckan.exe update
Downloading updates...
Downloading [URL]https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/archive/master.zip[/URL]

Unhandled Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> CKAN.BadMetadataKraken: The license WTFPL is invalid
at CKAN.License..ctor (System.String license) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoCMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

My installed mods (as per 'ckan list'):

ben@Jupiter /Volumes/Data/Users/ben/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program $ mono ckan.exe list

KSP found at /Volumes/Data/Users/ben/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program

KSP Version: 0.90.0

Installed Modules:

- ActiveTextureManagement-Aggressive A1.0_x86
- Chatterer 0.8.0
- CommunityResourcePack 0.3.2
- ContractConfigurator 0.4.4-2
- ContractConfigurator-SCANsat 1.0.1
- DeadlyReentry v6.4.0
- DMagicOrbitalScience 0.9.1
- DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 4.0
- EnhancedNavBall 1.3.4
- FirespitterCore 7.0.5463.30802
- Hangar 2.0.2
- InfernalRobotics 0.19.3
- Karbonite 0.5.1
- KAS 0.4.10
- KerbalAlarmClock v3.1.2.0
- KSPAPIExtensions v1.7.2
- MechJeb2 2.4.2
- MiniAVC autodetected dll
- ModuleManager 2.5.6
- NEAR v1.3.1
- NoMoreGrind 1.2
- Regolith 0.1.2
- RemoteTech v1.5.2
- SCANsat autodetected dll
- ScienceAlert 1.8.4
- Service-Compartments-6S 1.3
- StageRecovery 1.5.3
- TacLifeSupport autodetected dll
- Toolbar 1.7.8
- TweakScale v1.50
- UKS 0.22.3
- UniversalStorage 1.0.90.1
- USITools 0.3.1

Legend: -: Up to date. X: Incompatible. ^: Upgradable. ?: Unknown
ben@Jupiter /Volumes/Data/Users/ben/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program $

Any ideas? Should I post this to CKAN-Support?

How big a deal is it to change the Name of a mod? (The "name" value, not the "identifier" value in the Net-Kan file.)

As I've changed how one of my mods works, I'd really like to change the name if I can.

D.

Name is not an issue at all. If the netkan targets kerbalstuff, maybe it is best to change it right there, as it will be picked up by the bots. If your mod lives on github, kindly send us a PR which we would merge ASAP.

Identifier, on the other hand, is a whole another can of worms :)

Not possible, period. The only way is to remove it and reinstall via ckan.

Well.. not exactly impossible, I'm working on CKAN plugin that can do this, but it still needs more work before release :)

EDIT:

I published my Migration Tool plugin which allows you to migrate your AD mods to CKAN ;)

Edited by nlight

Hello there

So I wanted to install RP-0

ckan.exe install RP-0
2707 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on SXT found, but n
othing provides it.
Module SXT required, but not listed in index, or not available for your version
of KSP
If you're lucky, you can do a `ckan update` and try again.

Try `ckan install --no-recommends` to skip installation of recommended modules

So I installed SXT manually and tried to scan, but nothing happened.

ckan.exe scan
ckan.exe install RP-0
2707 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on SXT found, but n
othing provides it.
of KSP

So I tried this. Yet still no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

ckan.exe install --no-recommends RP-0
1485 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on SXT found, but n
othing provides it.
of KSP

Regards

The latest SXT version (what the hell is SXT?) is 0.25, so it does not get installed...

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/SXT/SXT-19.ckan

And then, this dependency cannot be satisfied, therefore RP-0 does not get installed, because it is "depends" and not "suggests":

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/RP-0/RP-0-v0.19.ckan

No clue why SXT is 0.25-only, that is a question best asked at the forum for that addon / package: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24906

SXT works fine for 0.90, so it didn't need updating. I wasn't aware that ckan got its knickers in a twist over version numbers though, so I've tagged it as 0.90 on Kerbalstuff. Hope that helps.

There's some info on what SXT is (admittedly not thoroughly comprehensive) available in the release thread and on kerbalstuff as well (although the part list is a little outdated now).

Edited by Lack

SXT works fine for 0.90, so it didn't need updating. I wasn't aware that ckan got its knickers in a twist over version numbers though, so I've tagged it as 0.90 on Kerbalstuff. Hope that helps.

Thank you for the update, as you can see in https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/SXT/SXT-19.ckan , out bot picked your change up.

With CKAN, we try to be as strict as possible about the info given by the author, assuming he/she/it knows best :)

CKAN suddenly started crashing on me today. :(

Running 1.5.5 and 1.5.6 on Windows 8, whenever I run ckan update, it spits out this:

Downloading updates...

Unhandled Exception: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at CKAN.Repo.UpdateRegistry(Uri repo, Registry registry, KSP ksp, IUser user, Boolean clear)
at CKAN.Repo.Update(RegistryManager registry_manager, KSP ksp, IUser user, Boolean clear, Uri repo)
at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Update(UpdateOptions options, RegistryManager registry_manager, KSP current_instance, IUser use
r)
at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

Then promptly crashes, leaving Windows crash reporter spewing out this:

Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ckan.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 54ad4fb3
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.34014
Problem Signature 06: 52e0b676
Problem Signature 07: 2195
Problem Signature 08: c
Problem Signature 09: A4DH5WWIWWW1YJTMP0C0KV4ZWCALU4IN
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 6c59
Additional Information 2: 6c599f427438c7099b7bf8c184a93c74
Additional Information 3: 5895
Additional Information 4: 58956ccdfd89bc7e48330459ac69e5dc

I've run clean and repair to no avail. What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it?