The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

@madbadger2742, try to clean cache for internet browser, even better delete all temorary internet files.

I'm not expert for CKAN, but problem with signature means that files are not downloaded properly. After you clean cache, try to run update again.

Hope that this helps.

CKAN suddenly started crashing on me today. :(

Just to verify the root cause, as nlight already pointed you to the latest build fixing your problem:

Did you have anything installed from the -dev repositories? MechJeb-dev or RemoteTech-dev, perhaps?

Does this ever help? Really? :)

In case of corrupted downloads it does help. I have made patcher/dowloader for some of my projects using functions from windows API, same one that IE uses.

Problem was with frequent updates. I overwrite original filename on webserver on each update, so I don't have to change URL on clients - it remains the same.

When client updater download file once it remains in temorary internet files folder and if you try to download it again, windows caches that file from temporary internet files folder instead to download it again from server.

Sometimes wtih unstable network connections file is downloaded corrupted and when you try to download it again it is "downloaded" again from cache, that way you you got again corrupted file. After I upgraded my own updater/downloader that before download it clears cache, I didn't got more problems with that.

I was thinking that the same thing is with CKAN, didn't know that is known bug because of some other reasons.

Norton does not like CKAN at all.

I downloaded CKAN and when I attempted the scan/update button it caused Norton Antivirus to go bat.... crazy. Not sure what caused it, but it flagged under SONAR.Heuristic.120 threat rating. Norton forcibly deleted everything related to CKAN then forced a reboot without any option to restore the removed files until after Norton finished rebooting my computer.

I've included the Norton Log on it below in hopes that you can figure out what set it off so badly and hopefully fix it in future versions.

Filename: ckan.exe
Threat name: SONAR.Heuristic.120
Full Path: Not Available

Details
Few Users,. Very New,. Risk High

Origin
Downloaded from
.Unknown

Activity
Actions performed: 36

On computers as of.
1/10/2015 at 11:49:52 AM

Last Used.
1/10/2015 at 11:49:52 AM

Startup Item.
No

Launched.
Yes

Few Users
Fewer than 50 users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Very New
This file was released less than 1 week .ago.

High
This file risk is high.

SONAR Protection monitors for suspicious program activity on your computer.

Source: External Media

Source File:
ckan.exe

File Actions

File: c:\users\carl\downloads\ ckan.exe Removed
File: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\kerbal space program\ckan\ registry.json Removed
File: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\kerbal space program\ckan\ installed-default.ckan Removed
File: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\kerbal space program\ckan\ guiconfig.xml Removed
Directory: c:\users\carl\appdata\local\temp\ cdfilemgr Removed
Directory: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\kerbal space program\ ckan Removed
Directory: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\kerbal space program\ckan\ downloads Removed
Directory: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\kerbal space program\ckan\ plugins Removed

Registry Actions

Registry change: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-433987499-2095676909-1563376786-1000\Software\ CKAN Removed
Registry change: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-433987499-2095676909-1563376786-1000\Software\ CKAN->KSPAutoStartInstance No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-433987499-2095676909-1563376786-1000\Software\ CKAN->KSPInstanceCount No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-433987499-2095676909-1563376786-1000\Software\ CKAN->KSPInstanceName_0 No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-433987499-2095676909-1563376786-1000\Software\ CKAN->KSPInstancePath_0 No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ ckan Removed
Registry change: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ ckan->URL Protocol No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ckan\ shell No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ckan\shell\ open No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ckan\shell\open\ command No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\ ckan_RASAPI32 Removed
Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\ ckan_RASAPI32->EnableFileTracing No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\ ckan_RASAPI32->EnableConsoleTracing No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\ ckan_RASAPI32->FileTracingMask No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\ ckan_RASAPI32->ConsoleTracingMask No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\ ckan_RASAPI32->MaxFileSize No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\ ckan_RASAPI32->FileDirectory No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\ ckan_RASMANCS Removed
Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\ ckan_RASMANCS->EnableFileTracing No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\ ckan_RASMANCS->EnableConsoleTracing No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\ ckan_RASMANCS->FileTracingMask No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\ ckan_RASMANCS->ConsoleTracingMask No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\ ckan_RASMANCS->MaxFileSize No Action Required
Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\ ckan_RASMANCS->FileDirectory No Action Required

Network Actions

Event: Network activity (Performed by c:\users\carl\downloads\ckan.exe, PID:1272) No action taken

System Settings Actions

Event: Browser process start (Performed by c:\users\carl\downloads\ckan.exe, PID:1272) No action taken
(Performed by c:\users\carl\downloads\ckan.exe, PID:1272) No action taken
Event: Process start: c:\users\carl\downloads\ ckan.exe, PID:1272 (Performed by c:\users\carl\downloads\ckan.exe, PID:1272) No action taken

File Thumbprint - SHA:
Not available
File Thumbprint - MD5:
Not available

Wow, maybe you should use a better antivirus program :)

Few Users
Fewer than 50 users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Very New
This file was released less than 1 week .ago.

Fast-changing programs tend to be relatively fresh on the market.

Also, I don't know what we could do to have CKAN used by more than 50 people except going from house to house, forcing them to play KSP managed by CKAN. At gunpoint :P

Is there a way to save a list of my currently installed mods on CKAN? I would like to be able to take a list of installed mods and have CKAN install them all at once, so I can possibly share my current KSP configuration with friends. I can't find an easy way to do this with CKAN other than manually checking off each mod that I have installed.

In current versions of CKAN, go into the "CKAN" directory inside your KSP install. There, you should find a file called "installed-default.ckan".

This is a fully valid ckan file that contains references to all your (CKAN-managed) installed addons. That thing can be installed from the command line via

ckan install -c <path-to-some-directory-where-you-keep-that-file>\installed-default.ckan

I fear there is no way to do this from the GUI, maybe someone should write an enhancement request for it so the idea does not get forgotten :)

I've noticed the Active Texture Management CKAN entries have changed recently (broken out into multiple available selections)...so I removed my old ATM folder and attempted to re-install the new ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic 4-3 and am getting this error:

The following inconsistecies were found:

ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfig.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/000_Toolbar.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/AIES_Aerospace.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/AlchemyTechnologies.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/AmericanPack.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/ASET.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/B9_Aerospace.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/BahamutoD.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/BahaSP.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/blackheart.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/BobCatind.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/BoulderCo.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/BoxSat alpha.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/Chatterer.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/CleverWalrus.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/DeadlyReentry.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/DMagic Orbital Science.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/FASA.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/FASA_Asteroids.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/Firespitter.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/Goodspeed.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/Green Skull Inc.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/HexCans.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/HooliganLabs.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/HorizonAeronautics.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/HullCameraVDS.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/ISS_Comunity.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/JSI.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/KAS.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/Kethane.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/KipEng.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/KSO.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/KSPX.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/KWRocketry.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/LazTek.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/License.txt, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/LifeSupport.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/LLL-Extra.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/LLL.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/Lovad.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/LTech.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/MagicSmokeIndustries.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/MarkIVSystem.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/masTerTorch.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/ModsByTal.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/NASAmission.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/NearFutureTechnologies.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/NehemiahInc.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/Nereid.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/NothkeSerCom.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/nothke_DROMOMAN.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/NovaPunch2.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/PorkWorks.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/ProceduralFairings.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/ProceduralParts.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/R&SCapsuledyne.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/RCSBuildAid.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/RealChute.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/SCANsat.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/Squad.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/StationPartsExpansion, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/StationScience.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/StretchyTanks.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/SXT.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/TreeLoader.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/TriggerTech.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/TSAS.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/UmbraSpaceIndustries.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/WarpPlugin.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/WildBlueIndustries, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/WombatConversions.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/WorldCup2014.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/ZWheel.cfg, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/License.txt, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/Plugins/ActiveTextureManagement.dll, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/Plugins/LibSquishPort.dll, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

* ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic wishes to install GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/Plugins/NvidiaTextureTools.dll, but this file is registered to ActiveTextureManagement

Error!

Any suggestions or fixes available?

Will mods be updatable through CKAN if they are marked as "AD" in CKAN?

The "AD" means that CKAN Auto-detected these mods that were installed by another method. I believe it has been pretty firmly stated that CKAN will not take control of these mods. If you want to manage the mod through CKAN, uninstall it manually and re-install it via CKAN.

Edited by Ignath
Answering T.Lancer

so I removed my old ATM folder and attempted to re-install the new ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic 4-3

The error you're getting is because CKAN still registers the old ATM entry installed - just removing the folder isn't enough. I also uninstalled the mod via CKAN. That was a mildly annoying exercise because nothing I did got it to list in the GUI. From memory, running `ckan list` on the command line did list the currently-installed ATM mod though, and I used `ckan remove` on the commandline to remove it. Installation of the new mod went find after that.

The error you're getting is because CKAN still registers the old ATM entry installed - just removing the folder isn't enough. I also uninstalled the mod via CKAN. That was a mildly annoying exercise because nothing I did got it to list in the GUI. From memory, running `ckan list` on the command line did list the currently-installed ATM mod though, and I used `ckan remove` on the commandline to remove it. Installation of the new mod went find after that.

Thanks for the help stibbons! I'll try it out and see if that is my issue as well!

Edit: Thanks again stibbons, that was the issue! All fixed up!

Edited by Ignath
Thanks stibbons

Is there a way to save a list of my currently installed mods on CKAN? I would like to be able to take a list of installed mods and have CKAN install them all at once, so I can possibly share my current KSP configuration with friends. I can't find an easy way to do this with CKAN other than manually checking off each mod that I have installed.

This is a feature that I was surprised was not implemented already.

Greetings and salutations =) appreciate all the hard work on CKAN guys! It's an awesome resource.

I have a noobish question. How can I edit something of mine that was added to CKAN?

Someone add my little Regolith Adaptation(someone that wasnt me :P) Found Here, to CKAN, Ive had a couple users post with issues and it turns out to be an old version that is being downloaded through CKAN

No issues with it being up there, just would like to make sure its the correct version. (and all dependacies are being installed)

Thanks for the help!

As already stated in a Git issue, I'm still getting the certificate errors on Mac, no matter what version of Mono I use. So I can't use any of the nice new Repos…

Also: I didn't find any information on how to use and install plugins. Is there a place where they should be found automatically or do I have to point to them manually anyways?

This is a feature that I was surprised was not implemented already.

See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100067-The-Comprehensive-Kerbal-Archive-Network-%28CKAN%29-Package-Manager-v1-5-0-24-Dec-2014?p=1661157&viewfull=1#post1661157

Besides, if you think something is missing, either an enhancement request over at github, or, even better, a pull request with your implementation, would have been much more welcome rather than a posting signifying that your were.... surprised :(

In current versions of CKAN, go into the "CKAN" directory inside your KSP install. There, you should find a file called "installed-default.ckan".

This is a fully valid ckan file that contains references to all your (CKAN-managed) installed addons. That thing can be installed from the command line via

ckan install -c <path-to-some-directory-where-you-keep-that-file>\installed-default.ckan

I fear there is no way to do this from the GUI, maybe someone should write an enhancement request for it so the idea does not get forgotten :)

I wrote up https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/744 for the GUI feature :)

This is almost exactly what I came into the thread to ask about.

I have three machines I play on:

1. OS X with ATM aggressive

2. Win32 with ATM aggressive (was using LoadOnDemand, but it broke for 0.90)

3. Lin64 with no memory mods, but with some extra beautification/useless mods (because no memory limit, woohoo!)

I keep my saves synced via Google Drive, but I specifically don't sync my GameData directory. GameData is not 100% across the machines due to memory management, plus I don't want MechJeb or ARP's window positions synced since the screens are different sizes. (GameData\xxxxx\Plugins\PluginData\xxxx.cfg is different between machines)

So it seems like installed-default.ckan would be great for keeping GameData perfectly synced between machines (or setting up a new machine), but not so great for my case.

I wrote up https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/743 for my case :)

I just have to say this is an awesome tool and has saved me a load of time looking through the forums.

But I do have a few requests....

An export list to notepad or something like that. something that puts the list of mods in a copy(pasting) mode to make a copy of all the mods that people have.

and I wouldn't mind a recent installed/uninstalled filter, to find which mods you installed last and uninstalled for finding bugs.

Seeker

I have come back from falling off the face of kerbal and am glad to see someone finally did it. I have not had a chance to test CKAN let alone fire up my gaming pc yet, but from what little I have read in this thread it sounds like you have done some amazing work. At some point I might try to pick your brain on how you solved the mod-update issue but for now: Congrats on a job well done :wink:

The "AD" means that CKAN Auto-detected these mods that were installed by another method. I believe it has been pretty firmly stated that CKAN will not take control of these mods. If you want to manage the mod through CKAN, uninstall it manually and re-install it via CKAN.

The issue with this is that plugins like Module Manager cannot be removed manually and then reinstalled with CKAN as error reports are thrown up when the Repository list is generated as it has so many dependencies.

i.e. Can't reinstall via MM due to so many mods relying on it being installed, like Tweakscale. If you uninstall Tweakscale to rectify issue, 15 other mods that depend on it get uninstalled too.

It's a vicious circle that means it is just easier not to let CKAN handle MM if it is not currently being managed by it.