The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

A question:

I just got a complete list of all my mods using:

ckan list

and in it I see:

* ScienceAlert 1.8rc2

- Service-Compartments-6S 1.3

* SmartParts 1:1.5.1

- SmartStage v2.5.0

- SpaceY-Lifters 0.9.1

- StageRecovery 1.5.3

- StationScience 1.4

- StockBugFixModules v0.1.7d

- ToadicusTools 4

- Toolbar 1.7.8

- Trajectories 1.1.3

- TWR1 1.17c

- UKS 0.22.6

- USITools 0.3.2

- VOID 0.16.4

- WernherChecker v0.3.4

- ZeroPointInlineFairings 0.9.1

Legend: -: Up to date. X: Incompatible. ^: Upgradable. ?: Unknown

What does the asterick stand for? those two were installed via CKAN, and the gui doesn't show anything wrong.

Thanks in advance

I am using a clean install of KSP while I am doing this, thought I would add this in just in case you guys ask if I did or did not. Figured I would let you guys know but for some reason almost every time I use CKAN to install mods a few of them (and not always the same ones) I get these types of errors: http://imgur.com/jBOy7CL and here is the tab called "Installing mods" http://pastebin.com/56HyZpJg I found the problem at least for this mod: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105904-Anti-gravity-room the download link was changed. to the one here: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/473/Lunatic%20Aeronautics%27%20Anty-gravity%20Room

Edited by Guest

duuuuuude. I just stumbled into this magical thing called CKAN, and I LOVE it. It's become such a royal pain to manage mods anymore. I know that the pain should be a linear relationship with the number of mods installed, but I swear it feels more like an exponential. In any case, I'm super excited!

One feature idea did come to mind, and I'm sorry if this has already been suggested. I think it would be super nifty to be able to export/save "mod config" files of some kind. Basically just files that save information about exactly what mods are installed. A "mod stack/configuration file" or something along those lines.... Two reasons I see as useful: 1) As an individual user, the ability to store and save different mod stacks to swap between. True, you could just have separate KSP installations, but this sort of system could afford similar flexibility without taking the extra disk space of separate installs. 2) Sharing mod stacks with other people. Got a friend that's new to mods in KSP? Send him a basic mod stack that you like. Scott Manley is playing through a new series and you want to muck around with similar things? No problem. He published his CKAN mod stack for you to download and easily get started.

Totally just an idea. Absolutely no offense taken if you think it's the dumbest idea you've ever heard in all your life (okay maybe a *little* offense if you think it's *that* stupid).

Not a stupid idea at all! Actually we'd really like to have that feature (it's also very easy to implement) but we are all swamped at the moment... Of course, we welcome anyone willing to contribute! It's not that hard, if I figured it out anyone can... :P

Not a stupid idea at all! Actually we'd really like to have that feature (it's also very easy to implement) but we are all swamped at the moment... Of course, we welcome anyone willing to contribute! It's not that hard, if I figured it out anyone can... :P

Glad to hear it! It does sound like something that should be simple, but admittedly, I don't have the coding skills to work on it.

I was thinking about it a bit more, and I think it would be even more awesome if the "save" doesn't necessarily have to be a file at all. For sharing on the internet, I think it would be super great if the save could be "imported" by copying and pasting a string. Maybe some sort of hash that CKAN can interpret and get all its information from? That way, you don't need to download a file from random dude on the internet; you can just copy paste. It also makes it super easy to share your "stack" with someone else on a forum like this. Being able to save files/configurations locally also sounds useful though. Just things to consider!

I've got another idea for a feature. Save a set of mods, and switch them out in batch. For example, I want to play on a career save, with hard mods. I could go to the install selection screen, of somewhere else, and select a 'profile' if you will. It would auto-select a preset list of mods. I would then go to changes, and proceed as normal from there. If I wanted to switch to another profile, I would go wherever it would be, and select the other profile.

Where do I find the log?

I tried to install Astronomers pack today, because my EVE install is totally borked and has been for weeks, but I can't get any help here. I can't update it, I can't remove it,

If I remove it using CKAN it crashes CKAN. Even if I try and delete it from my GameData folder, CKAN still thinks it's in there. I can't install Astronomers because apparently EVE causes conflicts! It just says:

UKzCYBF.png

So, where do I find this log?

Hello there

having a problen on Kubuntu. It might very well be due to me being new to Linux, but I have been unable to find any info on how to fix the following:

Ckan doesn't display hidden folders when looking for the KSP files, which is where it is installed. The usual fixup ( Alt + . ) doesn't work

Thanks!

EDIT

Thanks to the helpful people in the IRC. Issue fixed with a little terminal magic

Edited by zeropositivo

Where do I find the log?

I tried to install Astronomers pack today, because my EVE install is totally borked and has been for weeks, but I can't get any help here. I can't update it, I can't remove it,

If I remove it using CKAN it crashes CKAN. Even if I try and delete it from my GameData folder, CKAN still thinks it's in there. I can't install Astronomers because apparently EVE causes conflicts! It just says:

http://i.imgur.com/UKzCYBF.png

So, where do I find this log?

KerBlam, have you tried any solutions found within the thread? If you look back to your original complaint, I had helped someone fix this issue about 9 posts above yours (hint: Page 63...very bottom; though my problem was w/ATM and not EVE...it's the same problem):

I had this problem myself and the only way I could get it removed is to do it via the command line client ("ckan remove ActiveTextureManagement"). Once I removed it via the command line client, I did a "ckan repair registry", a "ckan clean" a "ckan scan", and finally a "ckan list". I checked that list and the ATM package was gone. I then launched the GUI client and it was gone, so I could install from the GUI and manage it properly.

I needed to do the "repair registry" and the "clean" command before it picked up the change in the GUI. Just a "scan" didn't work (for me at least).

Edited by Ignath

Hi, I'm in really in a rush right now: why don't you get started, and I'll merge your PR as soon as I can :)

I took a stab at it:

{

"spec_version": 1,

"identifier" : "RcsSounds",

"name" : "RCS Sounds",

"author" : [ "pizzaoverhead"],

"version" : "4.3.0",

"abstract" : "A plugin for Kerbal Space Program which adds sound effects to RCS thrusters.",

"ksp_version" : "0.90",

"license" : "GPL-2.0",

"download": "http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/220521-rcs-sounds/files/2226117/download"

}

KerBlam, have you tried any solutions found within the thread? If you look back to your original complaint, I had helped someone fix this issue about 9 posts above yours (hint: Page 63...very bottom; though my problem was w/ATM and not EVE...it's the same problem):

I did try this solution, but at the time I couldn't get it to do anything.

I learned today while in IRC that I can't just type: ckan scan

I have to type: mono ckan.exe scan or nothing happens.

Maybe it's a linux thing, I don't know.

So that had me stumped, however I have tried your solution just now with my newfound knowledge, and it appears to have worked :) so thanks.

edit: On second glance, maybe not so well. Now all my mods are marked AD (autodetected) in CKAN and won't be updated.

edit2: So I restored the installed-default file and registry from a backup, ran clean, scan and list and guess what... EVE is still there, despite being completely removed from my Gamedata folder. So I'm back to square one.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by KerBlam

So that had me stumped, however I have tried your solution just now with my newfound knowledge, and it appears to have worked :) so thanks.

edit: On second glance, maybe not so well. Now all my mods are marked AD (autodetected) in CKAN and won't be updated.

edit2: So I restored the installed-default file and registry from a backup, ran clean, scan and list and guess what... EVE is still there, despite being completely removed from my Gamedata folder. So I'm back to square one.

Did you try a "ckan repair registry" command? I think that is what ended up fixing it for me. The exact order I did was: mono ckan.exe repair registry, mono ckan.exe clean, mono ckan.exe scan

And yes, the reason you need to type the mono and the .exe is linux-related. I'm on Win7 and in command prompt I just need to type "ckan repair registry".

Seems there's something extra needed to get CKAN running on my Mac. I installed the latest MonoFramework-MDK 3.12 and tried to run the program as per the instructions and I got this:

$ mono ckan.exe
exception inside UnhandledException handler: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.KnownColors ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus ---> System.DllNotFoundException: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/3.12.0/lib/libgdiplus.dylib
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Drawing.KnownColors..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.Color.get_Black () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeVisualStyles..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_MenuAccessKeysUnderlined () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:.ctor ()
at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Main..ctor (System.String[] cmdlineArgs, CKAN.GUIUser User, Boolean showConsole) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) CKAN.Main:.ctor (string[],CKAN.GUIUser,bool)
at CKAN.GUI.Main_ (System.String[] args, Boolean showConsole) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Gui (CKAN.CmdLine.GuiOptions options, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by ultrasquid
trying to make the spoiler tag work

It should really mention the 'mono ckan.exe' thing in the user guide, for dummies like me.

and after repair registry, clean, scan, list.... it's still there.

EDIT: Victory!! I had to delete the entries for EVE from the installed-default file, and delete the registry file completely. Then ran repair registry, clean, scan, list, and IT'S FINALLY GONE! Good riddance! I wish

edit2: Oh FFS... Now when I open the GUI theres nothing there at all :/ Crap. So I hit refresh, and all my mods are autodetected again!

Sooo... When I repair registry, clean, scan.. for some reason it's deleting all the entries in installed-default and all my mods become autodetected. If I restore installed-default, and delete the entries for EVE, it's gone from the CLI list, but it's still in GUI when I open it. This is driving me crazy.

Edit: Soooo I found an even OLDER Backup that I made, and moved the registry over. Now everything seems to be working, EVE is gone and all my mods are being handled by CKAN again!! Somehow my registry had become corrupted or something, I don't know. All I do know is that for now, it seems to be fixed. All the mods I have installed since that backup are now AD, but I can handle that, as long as EVE is gone.

Edit4: I should have known it wouldn't be that simple. Of course, because I reverted the registry, it now thinks I have old versions of all mods, and when I try to update, it hangs. So I'm probably going to have to revert to the newer registry and GameData folder from my Backup, which will undoubtedly bring back EVE, and I'm back to Square 1.. >:( edit5: Yes of course EVE is back.

Edited by KerBlam

Yes, it is definitely a Linux thing.

What I did:

mkdir -p ~/bin

mv ~/Download/ckan.exe ~/bin/ckan

chmod +x ~/bin/ckan

echo "PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH" >> ~/.bashrc

. .bashrc

From there on, I can simply type ckan.

Hey everyone, if you are feeling adventurous, here is a pre-release that adds support for metapackages. A metapackage is simply a normal .ckan file that has no download location and has the flag

"kind": "metapackage"

All the rest of the format is untouched, so you can still use depends, recommends and suggests in a metapackage. This allows the creation of the long-requested mod packs, that have nothing to install but only depend on other packages.

tl;dr: pre-release with mod packs.

I had asked CrzyRndm about updating his mod on CKAN and he mentioned the fact that he does in-fact keep KerbalStuff updated and when I checked it has been getting all the versions. Is there any particular reasons on my end CKAN would only offer an older version of a mod? I'm on .90 and it's really on his mod doing this.

What mod is that?

I had asked CrzyRndm about updating his mod on CKAN and he mentioned the fact that he does in-fact keep KerbalStuff updated and when I checked it has been getting all the versions. Is there any particular reasons on my end CKAN would only offer an older version of a mod? I'm on .90 and it's really on his mod doing this.

what mod would that be? Knowing that makes searching / debugging easier :)

Sorry, thought I posted the name. Pilot Assistant, as seen here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100073

I don't see the problem though: here you can find all the versions we have, it's pretty complete including the latest release. Are you sure you updated the index on your end? Did you add any other repo, by chance?