The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Most probably. Altough most modern software should be able to recognize UTF8 local codepage, not always works properly.

Does not hurt to try it in different folder, like "raznoe" instead of cyrillic encoding or whatever suits you best.

not in a encoding problem...

CKAH.png

but now I do not know what to do

I find it very rude of the CKAN people posting all over the threads about CKAN not work right or because the modder don't use CKAN there not using the mod because there little time is worth more then the modders after they have spent there little time modelling and writing cfg for all us to play with how rude of you people.

These are the same people that post, for example, in the B9 or KW thread asking when is a v1.0 compatible version going to get released for the 3rd time on that thread page. It must be infuriating but realistically its not going to go away.

In the spirit of reducing modders time being taken up with CKAN related issues I would think the best way forward is to automate the process as much as possible so modders don't need to come on board but this would put the onus onto the devs of CKAN to write code to do that. The integration with KerbalStuff is a good example. AFAIK that reduces the input from modders a great deal.

At the end of the day some people will always get it wrong and hassle the wrong person though.

Is there a central place to report repository issues that doesn't require a separate login (i.e. not on Github, as a lot of people love to whine about not having accounts there)? If no then it might be a good thing to do, then anyone who's in the wrong department can get a 'go report it here, plz' and a link to report the issue.

On that subject, I can't get the OuterPlanets mod to update. It doesn't seem to be remobving or downloading the new package. I just get:

About to remove:

Done!

and the progress bar at the top goes back and forth forever. Clicking Cancel stops the operation but clearly it hasn't updated the mod.

EDIT: Can confirm I removed OuterPlanets and can't reinstall it. I have MM installed (it's only dep) and no conflicts.

Edited by MDBenson

In the spirit of reducing modders time being taken up with CKAN related issues I would think the best way forward is to automate the process as much as possible so modders don't need to come on board but this would put the onus onto the devs of CKAN to write code to do that. The integration with KerbalStuff is a good example. AFAIK that reduces the input from modders a great deal.

At the end of the day some people will always get it wrong and hassle the wrong person though.

In an ideal world, that would be the best solution. However, CKAN already does a truly admirable job managing nearly arbitrary archive formats and configurations, collating it into a form that is relatively uniform to use and making it installable. However, in order to do that, it needs metadata that will tell it how to digest a particular file into something it can install. It's only a computer program after all, it can't follow instructions the same way humans can. And you get a lot of mods that use entirely arbitrary conventions wrt. their download files and where they're installed, what is installed when and how to do it. A great strength of for example npm is that the packaging is relatively uniform - generally you adapt your library to npm,, not the other way around. Here, rather than trying to herd cats until modders can agree on a package format, the attempt was made to adapt to the myriad formats conventions adopted already. It works most of the time, which is nothing short of amazing.

I am having a problem with your application. In windows, when I hit refresh it keeps saying unhandled exception ckan.inconsistentkracken was thrown. This is after I get told in game there are updates for a couple mods installed.

Make sure you still have readme.txt that came with the download. It needs that file to check the version.

Maybe post a screenshot of all the files in the folder?

CKAH.png

but i dont have readme.txt!!!

- - - Updated - - -

The first post links to a guide on adding a mod to CKAN. The link is bad, as it goes to a missing wiki page.

use this

Edited by OmenRa

Yay Dazpoet has internet again and will now try to answer a bunch of questions! Sorry if I miss something and/or answer something that has already been answered. A quick reminder that the best way of getting answers is usually posting on github where many devs hang out.

Must be hard to come up with a different orbital body every time a quick update comes up... :P

;)

Dunno if this is the best mod at all. I've nothing but problems with it. Isn't it supposed to find the latest mods, it doesn't. Also i keep it up to date yet it crashes all the time. I'm on Linux and have all the recommended sundry programs installed yet it is not a satisfactory experience at all.

Is there an alternative to CKAN? I know I'm moaning but I'm happy to provide any further information you need but right now it is too frustrating to bother with.

There is another program called KSP ModAdmin in this same forumpart, also I think there's something called TinkerTime or similar. I've never used either of them but maybe they are more to your liking? :) If you're on linux I assume you know your way around commandline? Using CKAN with '--debug' often generates very helpful error reports which our devs can look at. Please open a github issue, if you haven't already, detailing what problems you are running into and include the error reports, your registry.json file and reproduction steps so our team can look into it.

I get a CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken if i try to select TAC's box, and it doesnt register in "go to changes"

You need to select the Stock config to install TACLS because of a weird interaction in how CKAN handles dependencies that aren't updated for the current KSP version. Installation through commandline works as it should.

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, I may have overlooked it... With the latest GUI (1.6.16), I am unable to create new KSP install locations. When I go to Settings > CKAN Settings > Choose another KSP install, it just reloads the GUI for the current install. It also doesn't allow me to select or create KSP installs when I first start up CKAN like it used to. Only way I could create a new KSP install location with CKAN GUI was to start the CKAN exe in the new KSP directory itself. Is this a new intended behavior that I have missed (this is the first time since 1.0 was released that I have more than 1 KSP install with CKAN)? I hope this behavior has not changed since I found it convenient to use CKAN as a common launcher for multiple KSP installs. Thanks to anyone that can answer!

There is a fix to this in the works. A temporary workaround is to use 1.6.15 for now.

For various reasons, many still use KSP 0.90.

Using CKAN against a fresh KSP .90, installing anything with an RPM core dependency fails.

I believe versioning is to blame in this instance, as CKAN is looking for a v 0.19.1 RasterPropMonitor Core at https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/releases/download/v0.19.2/RasterPropMonitor.0.19.2.1.zip. From what i could see on GH, there is no v 19.1 in the v 19.2 release, but I may have misread something somewhere. The exact error returned:

Failed to download "https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/releases/download/v0.19.2/RasterPropMonitor.0.19.2.1.zip" - error: The request was aborted: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

Please open a github issue in the CKAN-meta repository and I'll have a look at this.

Two questions...

1. This is more of a request. Can you please add the version number into the download filesname.exe? I end up with ckan,exe, ckan(1).exe, ckan(2).exe, ckan(3).exe... in my download folder and then can't figure out what the heck I have downloaded.

2. Why can't CKAN manage any mods that are supported that I have already installed manually? Why make me uninstall nearly 30 mods just so I can reinstall them with CKAN? It seems to me it would not be that hard to do. I mean CKAN detects mods I have installed why not give an option to replace any detected mod that is already installed?

1) I recommend you use the autoupdate function so you won't have to download every release yourself, it will grab the latest version and circumvent this problem.

2) This is a tough one acctually. CKAN is all about consistency and taking control of a mod you manually installed isn't as easy as one might think. CKAN need the mod to be exactly as it would be if CKAN installed it to handle it and it also needs a way to autodetect it (which is done using ModuleManager naming scheme). All mods don't have identifiers = MM names and as such can't be located. Our spec only defines that an identifier _should_ be the same as the MM name and as such CKAN can miss out on a lot of mods. The plugin for migration by nlight can fix some mods but not all, same limitation with MM syntax.

The best experience with CKAN is always to start with a clean install and handle all modinstalls with CKAN. pjf has mentioned that one thing he'd like to have working better is the ability for CKAN to take over manually installed mods but this is something that probably won't be at the top of the list right now.

Hello guys, and many thanks to whoever has been supporting/developping this mod manager, great and so much needed job!

My problem is game crashes on start if I install Astronomer's pack mod. I've been using Renaissance Compilation for a year, but it is not available in CKAN so I've been trying Astronomer's pack in sostitution but I guess I can just avoid it.

If you're intrested in giving it a look, I'm putting on DropBox the crash report (couldnt find the way to attach the file, sorry:huh:).

Crash report folder

If you get KSP crashes I recommend you look into RAM usage and check for error reports for certain mods in your logs, CKAN does not do anything with your KSP except add mods to GameData and start the game. If your errors appear to be related to mods being installed in inproper ways and that is leading to errors then we'd love getting a report about it though.

I believe that currently just loading the Astronomers pack takes over 3.5 GB RAM, the limit at which KSP gives up and crashes

Also, can anyone install TAC life support? I just get an error and it doesnt go to the changes menu

See earlier answer on this issue. There's an open github issue about this problem aswell, hoping a dev will get to it soon enough.

First of all, thank you so much for creating CKAN! It really makes managing mods and especially updating them a breeze.

I've got a suggestion regarding the repo refreshing process. I'd really like to see what exactly changed when I refresh the metadata. Maybe something akin to the update column in the interface telling me which mod packs have been updated (even if I they were'n installed before) and which mods were added. That way you can easily tell when your favorite KSP 0.90 mod has been updated to 1.0 and when a mod you had your eyes on for a while might have fixed a bug you had when you first tried it.

There's another quality of life update that comes to mind. I'd like to be able to sort the list of mods by the installed and update columns.

And here's something a little more complex: Being able to save and restore a mod profile. Profile meaning a list containing the mods you have installed as well as their versions. That way you can try a large number of mods and mod constellations and are still able to easily revert to a working state.

This isn't the first time I see this requested and I think there are open github issues about it, I recommend you check github for issues about this and add your thoughts to them.

As for mod profile it sounds like you're looking for metapackages, more information on those are available in the CKAN wiki in the CKAN-support repository over at github :)

I want to release KSPI Extended for KSP 1.0.2, but I cannot until someone help me with getting KSPI-E listed on CKAN

what makes it difficult are the many dependencies. I need someone experience in CKAN integration.

Working on it! Our buildbot is napping for the last day or so but once it wakes up your mod is a priority for me since I totally want it added aswell!

What about adding mod categories to CKAN? It would sort mods by their function, for example KAS would like in "construction", Outer planets would lie in "universe"?

There's a github issue about this open somewhere, please add to it because this sounds awesome!

Found a bug. I uninstalled all my mods and tried to reinstall all of them again from the backed up .ckan file. It asked me to choose one of the Distant Object Enhancement preset. I chose default and continued. Then I got the error message saying there's already a config for Astronomer's pack despite that I didn't choose that. I even deleted all the mods from GameData folder but still got the same message.

Please see the error message below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First this from installing mod tab:

About to remove:

Done!

The following inconsistencies were found:

DistantObject-default v1.5.5 conflicts with AstronomersPack-DistantObjectEnhancement Interstellar.V2, can't install both.

Error!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then the pop up error message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentException: Mod installed-default is not in the list

at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.ReasonStringFor(Module mod)

at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.ReasonStringFor(Module mod)

at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.get_ConflictList()

at CKAN.MainModList.ComputeConflictsFromModList(Registry registry, IEnumerable`1 changeSet, KSPVersion ksp_version)

at CKAN.Main.UpdateChangeSetAndConflicts(Registry registry)

at CKAN.Main.ModList_CellValueChanged(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.SetValue(Int32 rowIndex, Object value)

at CKAN.Main._MarkModForInstall(String identifier, Boolean uninstall)

at CKAN.Util.Invoke[T](T obj, Action action)

at CKAN.Main.PostInstallMods(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

D'oh, this is due to how metapackages save things. I'll need to have a look at your installed-default.ckan file to help you and strongly recommend opening an issue over at github for tracking this issue since I think we'll need some discussion to work around it.

I find it very rude of the CKAN people posting all over the threads about CKAN not work right or because the modder don't use CKAN there not using the mod because there little time is worth more then the modders after they have spent there little time modelling and writing cfg for all us to play with how rude of you people.

I thought when CKAN started it wasnt going to be any added work on the modders end, That some one was going to keep it all up to date and now just about any thread you goto there is some one posting a problem or there dislike that the mod don't use CKAN.

Remember they spend what little time they have to model and write plugins for us to use, Please remind them every one's time is worth the same.

Sorry for the outburst.

That's fair and all. However, there have also been cases where third-parties have added CKAN manifests for mods, and this has been upsetting and/or disconcerting to the modder making it, or worse, has been done poorly so that the modder has had to field support requests because it did not install the mod correctly. It's one of those situations where it would be ideal if modders came on board of their own accord, but if they choose not to, there's going to be a risk of problems one way or another. Many package managers have faced this and still do - JavaScript development (my profession) has its share, especially given that there are multiple competing package managers of differing features and quality out there (npm, bower, etc.). It does not seem to have a good solution, other than telling people to be polite and to not step on toes.

These are the same people that post, for example, in the B9 or KW thread asking when is a v1.0 compatible version going to get released for the 3rd time on that thread page. It must be infuriating but realistically its not going to go away.
In an ideal world, that would be the best solution. However, CKAN already does a truly admirable job managing nearly arbitrary archive formats and configurations, collating it into a form that is relatively uniform to use and making it installable. However, in order to do that, it needs metadata that will tell it how to digest a particular file into something it can install. It's only a computer program after all, it can't follow instructions the same way humans can. And you get a lot of mods that use entirely arbitrary conventions wrt. their download files and where they're installed, what is installed when and how to do it. A great strength of for example npm is that the packaging is relatively uniform - generally you adapt your library to npm,, not the other way around. Here, rather than trying to herd cats until modders can agree on a package format, the attempt was made to adapt to the myriad formats conventions adopted already. It works most of the time, which is nothing short of amazing.

This discussion is good even though an outburst of sorts started it. I'll be the first to point out what an abnormous pain in the behind it is for us, esspecielly those of us maintaining metadata, that not all error reports are posted in this thread (or in an ideal world, on github). Browsing every single modthread looking for CKAN issues is impossible and this is also why mods which are used by metadata maintainers are often the most updated ones since we have a personal interest in those mods and therefore read their respective forum threads. Some mod-makers also have their own liasons of sorts into CKAN staff/contributors meaning they poke that person when something isn't working and we fix it as painlessly and fast as possible.

Of course some modmakers will for various reasons not want to associate themselves or their mods with CKAN, which is their right, but might see their mods added by third parties when that wish isn't known by CKAN staff.

A solution which was proposed earlier in this thread and peaked both my own and dev interest was the ability to add a maintainer field to mod metadata where it can be pointed out who to hassle when stuff isn't working. If this was easily available in both the clients and our metadata it might lessen the load on mod-developers a lot since people adding mods will be the ones responsible for making sure they work. However the same people spamming "omg when 1.0 compatibility !!11!!elventyone!" for the umpteenth in threads will probably not care so some overhead will always exist. If the solution with a maintainer field sounds acceptable I'll see if I can find an issue report and if none exists I'll create one and bump the severity a few notches and see how hard it would be to get it fixed. However updating the metadata (we're currently indexing ~600 modules) won't be done over night even if this is added.

As for automation only so much can be done right now, we do get updates from Kerbalstuff when new mods are added which desire to be on CKAN and we do our very best to get them onto CKAN in a timely manner. The files we generate are written in JSON though so a web frontend for adding them is far from impossible if someone feels like writing one. Lately a lot of discussion on irc and, to some degree, github have been about improving infrastructure and creating effective workflows and improved processes. We're currently in an ongoing process of making sweeping changes in how our github repositories are set up which will free up devtime and make it easier for us to field error reports and provide faster and better support.

When it comes to maintaining metadata and making sure it's up to date the best thing would be if all users experiencing issues posted them onto github or atleast to this thread. Therefore if we want to work ourselves away from this problem I kindly ask each and every person reading to this to *please* point everyone reporting mods having CKAN issues, no matter how small, to github or atleast to this thread so the right people are blamed when stuff breaks.

MechJeb has been updated to 2.5.1

Pretty sure there's a request to add it on github but I'm awaiting a small fix before it can be merged, aka it'll be out soon.

Is there a central place to report repository issues that doesn't require a separate login (i.e. not on Github, as a lot of people love to whine about not having accounts there)? If no then it might be a good thing to do, then anyone who's in the wrong department can get a 'go report it here, plz' and a link to report the issue.

On that subject, I can't get the OuterPlanets mod to update. It doesn't seem to be remobving or downloading the new package. I just get:

About to remove:

Done!

and the progress bar at the top goes back and forth forever. Clicking Cancel stops the operation but clearly it hasn't updated the mod.

EDIT: Can confirm I removed OuterPlanets and can't reinstall it. I have MM installed (it's only dep) and no conflicts.

Do you have Kopernicus and/or KopernicusTech installed? If so remove it and try again.

As for reporting repository issues the best place is github and will most probably always be github, at least for the forseeable future. This thread works but things are a lot more prone to be missed. Irc also works but if noone is around to instafix it chances are it'll be forgotten. I agree that some magical other place for these issues would be good but can't think of a better issuehandling system than github for metadata specific questions.

The first post links to a guide on adding a mod to CKAN. The link is bad, as it goes to a missing wiki page.

D'oh, thanks for reporting it! I'll poke pjf on irc to fix it.

EDIT: Aaaand it's fixed :D

I am having a problem with your application. In windows, when I hit refresh it keeps saying unhandled exception ckan.inconsistentkracken was thrown. This is after I get told in game there are updates for a couple mods installed.

Need more information, please give the entire error message and the output of 'ckan list --porcelain'

Edited by Dazpoet

here 'ya go-no output ckan list as it happens with a refresh of the mods available. Is it worth mentioning that I have not DOS screen in win 7? There is no output for that argument. It brings me to the ckan folder. The crash happens when I refresh the list of mods. I could list the mods in the directory but I don't think that helps.

FASA requires ReflectionPlugin but nothing provides it at CKAN.SanityChecker.EnforceConsistency(IEnumerable`1 modules, IEnumerable`1 dlls)

at CKAN.RegistryManager.Save(Boolean enforceConsistency)

at CKAN.KSP.ScanGameData()

at CKAN.Main.UpdateRepo()

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

here 'ya go-no output ckan list as it happens with a refresh of the mods available. Is it worth mentioning that I have not DOS screen in win 7? There is no output for that argument. It brings me to the ckan folder. The crash happens when I refresh the list of mods. I could list the mods in the directory but I don't think that helps.

FASA requires ReflectionPlugin but nothing provides it at CKAN.SanityChecker.EnforceConsistency(IEnumerable`1 modules, IEnumerable`1 dlls)

at CKAN.RegistryManager.Save(Boolean enforceConsistency)

at CKAN.KSP.ScanGameData()

at CKAN.Main.UpdateRepo()

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

You are running into this issue http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24867-1-0-2-FASA-May10th-1-0-2-Release-v5-34?p=1885707&viewfull=1#post1885707

Between uninstalling and re-installing do a refresh and everything should be fine and dandy :)

Yay Dazpoet has internet again and will now try to answer a bunch of questions! Sorry if I miss something and/or answer something that has already been answered. A quick reminder that the best way of getting answers is usually posting on github where many devs hang out.

;)

There is another program called KSP ModAdmin in this same forumpart, also I think there's something called TinkerTime or similar. I've never used either of them but maybe they are more to your liking? :) If you're on linux I assume you know your way around commandline? Using CKAN with '--debug' often generates very helpful error reports which our devs can look at. Please open a github issue, if you haven't already, detailing what problems you are running into and include the error reports, your registry.json file and reproduction steps so our team can look into it.

As is always the way, since I've had a grumble about it the crashing seems to have stopped :/ But if it comes back I'll certainly upload the info I can. Thanks for the work you're trying to do, it's not there yet but you are all working hard to give a better experience to all and whilst it is a great mod atm it will be indispensable once you've cracked it.

Note: This enquiry is at an investigative stage currently, not looking to actually change anything right now.

Distribution method

Right now, FE the plugin comes bundled with a fair number of configs that one would need to manually remove if they were not wanted / have an alternative setup. The automated functions of the icon loader and (optionally) Filter by Folder are useful features in their own right that could be of benefit to more users and authors. Looking around, I see several methods that could be used.

Option 1: Split the plugin and configuration files into separate downloads. This would allow for easier creation/distribution of alternative configurations and leaves the plugin itself with less baggage (particularly useful for authors who could just use the plugin to get icons to work and/or create categories/subcategories as they see fit. Also useful for those that want to customise the lists for themselves without having to deal with updated configs). Downsides would be increased complexity (plugin install and configuration install), and deciding what to do with the icons. Widespread use of CKAN mitigates the install complexity somewhat and I can continue distributing a single package if need be.

What would be the best way to handle this split for CKAN? Can it understand separate multiple zips/packages per Github release (does it even need to be split?)?

What would be the best way to handle this split for CKAN? Can it understand separate multiple zips/packages per Github release (does it even need to be split?)?

Basically you're saying your mod has a number of different ways it can be set up/installed by users: CKAN can handle this pretty well. To save me a thousand words: http://imgur.com/a/6X2F1

"Astronomer's Pack" is a single 400mb archive (http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/220335-astronomers-visual-pack-interstellar-v2/files). CKAN has multiple discrete metadata files appearing as mods in the list and each representing portions of the whole package. As seen in the images if you can't install both high and low quality clouds, but you can install high clouds with other non-conflicting modules.

Edit: I had a look at filter extension's thread and the archive and realize the example I gave isn't a very good one. So with CKAN you can create something like "FE_base" where it would install all the modules related to the stock parts, and then "FE_b9" which would be the B9 component (and could only be installed if someone had b9 installed), and "FE_KW", etc. Essentially you could break down the mod in any way you saw fit (within reason of course).

Edited by plague006

This isn't the first time I see this requested and I think there are open github issues about it, I recommend you check github for issues about this and add your thoughts to them.

The issue I started about this was closed this morning with no explanation and when I clicked on the link it took me to a 404 page...

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-support/issues/139

EDIT : After going to the GitHub, I can't seem to find any pull requests or issues. Has everything been reset or am I looking in the wrong place?

"There aren't any open pull requests."

EDIT 2 : It seems the issues have been 'deprecated'

"This repository has been deprecated in favour of a more centralised approach, with both the wiki and issues being stored in the main CKAN repo. Please use the links below:"

There does not seem to be a link to view issues and comment on them just to start a new one.

EDIT 3 : Here they are. For those wishing to look at and comment on existing issues they are here.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue

Edited by John FX

I am trying to choose a different KSP install from within the Ckan gui. It first appears to be working but I am not redirected to the inital loading screen of Ckan (where one can setup the install / choose install) but it reopens back to into the already configured KSP instance.

Could anyone explain to me where Ckan stores its settings (such as the different KSP installations)?

Edit: Solved it by placing a ckan.exe in each individual install directory

Edited by Andy81le

Hello! I have a question.

In the past, I've had issues with CKAN installing Firespitter correctly. I believe it had something to do with a certain file package not being extracted properly. As far as I'm aware, this is a CKAN issue and not a Firespitter issue, as it has occurred on every attempt, regardless of whether other mods are installed or not.

Short of trying it again myself (which I will again later today), does anyone have any info on whether this issue has been fixed?

If not, I'll try installing it manually.

I could use some help. I'm the author of the Mk2 Expansion mod, and I've been trying to add CKAN support. I've made the netkan file, but when attempting to verify it, the netkan.exe spits out this error: 1435 [1] FATAL CKAN.NetKAN.MainClass (null) - Error: Unable to find Mk2Expansion in the cache.

The mod is on kerbalstuff, and running the --verbose tag in the command line says it is finding and downloading the zip. Any ideas what is going wrong?

I could use some help. I'm the author of the Mk2 Expansion mod, and I've been trying to add CKAN support. I've made the netkan file, but when attempting to verify it, the netkan.exe spits out this error: 1435 [1] FATAL CKAN.NetKAN.MainClass (null) - Error: Unable to find Mk2Expansion in the cache.

The mod is on kerbalstuff, and running the --verbose tag in the command line says it is finding and downloading the zip. Any ideas what is going wrong?

Post your .netkan file?

The issue I started about this was closed this morning with no explanation and when I clicked on the link it took me to a 404 page...

I know that you know this (since you commented on the new thread), but I just want to state for all to see: no issue was closed/ignored/disregarded, the issues were moved from one place to another, but each one was kept intact. John's specific issue now lives here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/921

I am trying to choose a different KSP install from within the Ckan gui. It first appears to be working but I am not redirected to the inital loading screen of Ckan (where one can setup the install / choose install) but it reopens back to into the already configured KSP instance.

Could anyone explain to me where Ckan stores its settings (such as the different KSP installations)?

Edit: Solved it by placing a ckan.exe in each individual install directory

For Windows the install directories reside in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CKAN you can add installs via the command-line interface, see https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#using-the-cli

Hello! I have a question.

In the past, I've had issues with CKAN installing Firespitter correctly. I believe it had something to do with a certain file package not being extracted properly. As far as I'm aware, this is a CKAN issue and not a Firespitter issue, as it has occurred on every attempt, regardless of whether other mods are installed or not.

Short of trying it again myself (which I will again later today), does anyone have any info on whether this issue has been fixed?

If not, I'll try installing it manually.

There have been issues with firespitter and other mods (KerbalAircraftExpansion in particular) because they're all trying to provide the same files. Roughly 9 hours ago that should have all been resolved (https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/1264), so give it another shot and let us know how it goes please.

Can you pastebin the .netkan you wrote up and/or open an issue? (https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/new)

Post your .netkan file?

{
"spec_version" : 1,
"identifier" : "Mk2Expansion",
"$kref" : "#/ckan/kerbalstuff/790",
"name": "Mk2 Expansion pack",
"author": "SuicidalInsanity",
"abstract": "New mk2 spaceplane parts in the form of engines, fuselage segments and aerodynamic accessories.",
"download": "https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/790/Mk2%20Stock-a-like%20Expansion",
"license" : "CC-BY-4.0",
"x_generated_by": "netkan",

"depends": [
{ "name": "KineTechAnimation" },
{ "name": "KlockheedMartian-Gimbal" },
{ "name": "ModuleManager","min_version": "2.5.1"},
],
"suggests": [
{ "name": "InterstellarFuelSwitch" },
],
"install": [
{"file": "GameData/Mk2Expansion","install_to": "GameData"},
{"file": "Ships","install_to": "Ships","optional": true,"description": "Mk2X example crafts"},
{"file": "Extras/GameData/Mk2Expansion","install_to": "GameData","optional": true,"description": "Mk2X Fuel tank switching, need InterstellarFuelSwitch"}
],

}