[0.25] NEBULA space engineering - EVA handrails pack

Krasimir

Played around with it a bit. Things I'm missing: longer straight handrails and ladder that would be able to make you do a 90 degree turn (for moving from the stack handrail to a handrail on a part that sticks out radially from the stack).

Are You aware that you can "steer" where your Kerbal will try to cross to by pressing A/D while climbing up/down a ladder? If you press A, he will try to grab the next ladder element that allows him to go left.

• 2 weeks later...

The handrails are working for me on 0.90, so it would be wonderful if Krasimir would mark it as "0.90" over on kerbalstuff.

Then, through the magic of our robots, all CKAN users would be able to one-click install the rails :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Are You aware that you can "steer" where your Kerbal will try to cross to by pressing A/D while climbing up/down a ladder? If you press A, he will try to grab the next ladder element that allows him to go left.

It also works a little better in 0.90.

Suggestion for Krasimir -- add "ladder" to the subject line and on the Curse project page. When I was looking for a mod like this, I searched for "ladder" not "handrail".

• 3 months later...

I heard node direction had a restricted way of handling parts now, so the question is, will this work as it is or will it need update for 1.0 or 1.0.2, and if it needs update, will the op update it or do we need someone to put an unofficial update?

Since these are surface-attached I'd guess the node updates won't affect this mod.

It does need updating for costs etc. though. And now that physic-less parts add their mass to the parent part, I'd suggest making them all physicsless (if they aren't already) to reduce CPU overheads.

• 3 weeks later...
is this 1.02 compatible?

Why don't you install it and find out? At best you get EVA handrails to use. At worst the parts don't load. Let us know how it goes

And now that physic-less parts add their mass to the parent part, I'd suggest making them all physicsless (if they aren't already) to reduce CPU overheads.

They are already

I made the following patch to revise the temperature limits and add bulkhead profiles, but otherwise, they work just fine. It's kind of fun to use them with KIS and build out the ladders as I need them!

@PART[EVA?handrail?type?1]
{
bulkheadProfiles = srf
@maxTemp = 2000
}

@PART[EVA?handrail?type?2]
{
bulkheadProfiles = srf
@maxTemp = 2000
}

@PART[EVA?handrail?curved?1mR]
{
bulkheadProfiles = srf, size1 //It cannot be stack-attached, but it is meant to fit this radial size.
@maxTemp = 2000
}

@PART[EVA?handrail?curved?2mR]
{
bulkheadProfiles = srf, size2 //It cannot be stack-attached, but it is meant to fit this radial size.
@maxTemp = 2000
}

@PART[handle?type1]
{
bulkheadProfiles = srf
@maxTemp = 2000
}

• 2 weeks later...
@Kerbas_ad_astra where does that patch go?

+1 for 1.0.2 release and thread title

Put it in a cfg file anywhere, either in the GameData directory or the mod directory itself

- - - Updated - - -

Just an FYI for all of you, I'm going to be releasing an updated version of this for 1.0.2 soon.

Right now, the update will simply be Kerbas_ad_astra's patch merged in.

Before I do this, I'm waiting for replies to messages I sent to Kerbas and kasimier

Edit:

I'm also adding in some longer parts:

Handle type1a, 2x as long

Handrail 3mR curved, for 3 meter tanks

handrail type1a, 2x as long

handrail type2a, 2x as long

Let me know if you want other sizes.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

If you would like this to be released with the new parts and compatible with 1.0.2, please contact the original author: Krasimir and ask that he give me permission to release it. Unfortunately, he has it under the CC-BY-ND which means "no derivative works", so I need his permission to proceed with this release.

LinuxGuruGamer

You need to change one of the lines:

should be:

@PART[EVA?handrail?2mR]

LGG

I made the following patch to revise the temperature limits and add bulkhead profiles, but otherwise, they work just fine. It's kind of fun to use them with KIS and build out the ladders as I need them!

@PART[EVA?handrail?type?1]
{
bulkheadProfiles = srf
@maxTemp = 2000
}

@PART[EVA?handrail?type?2]
{
bulkheadProfiles = srf
@maxTemp = 2000
}

@PART[EVA?handrail?curved?1mR]
{
bulkheadProfiles = srf, size1 //It cannot be stack-attached, but it is meant to fit this radial size.
@maxTemp = 2000
}

{
bulkheadProfiles = srf, size2 //It cannot be stack-attached, but it is meant to fit this radial size.
@maxTemp = 2000
}

@PART[handle?type1]
{
bulkheadProfiles = srf
@maxTemp = 2000
}

- - - Updated - - -

If you would like this to be released with the new parts and compatible with 1.0.2, please contact the original author: Krasimir and ask that he give me permission to release it. Unfortunately, he has it under the CC-BY-ND which means "no derivative works", so I need his permission to proceed with this release.

LinuxGuruGamer

I asked for clarification from the moderators about the license. I had thought that I could release a standalone ModuleManager patch.

Apparently not, I'm not going to get into the details (it was rather lengthly)

So, unless I hear from Krasimir, I won't be able to release anything.

Sorry

Linuxgurugamer