Ways to convince people that the Moon landings were real

SmartS=true

Hi everyone, I just watched a video of the moon landings. They actually made me feel proud of humanity, but that feeling was completely erased when I looked at the comment section.:( A bunch of idiots were saying that the Moon landings were fake, and I tried to argue with them, but they just mocked me. Thus, I want to figure out how to convince at least a few of them that the landings were real. Please help me come up with ideas.

If it was YouTube then... Well. Place is a festering troll pit. But reguardless don't even bother. Even if it's someone in real life. These nutcase conspiracy theorists cannot be convinced with any amount of proof or logic. These people know everything about the conspiracy, but nothing about space flight. Or whatever it is there conspiring against.

... If your really looking for a laugh go over to the flat earth society. ( yes ... That exists. )

In '08 Mythbusters devoted an entire episode to the Moon hoax conspiracy and busted it 100%.

http://mythbustersresults.com/nasa-moon-landing

And if it really was a hoax. If it was all filmed in a studio. Why haven't we gone there again?

If you believe the Apollo landings are a hoax you're an idiot!

Edited by Tex_NL

Srsly I read a whole article explaining that a moon landing is impossible, because the rocket needs the fuel for the return trip!

These people know everything about the conspiracy, but nothing about space flight.

Damn! these people think spaceships are SSTOs, been watching too many kids' cartoons!

YOU GUYS WERENT THERE, YOU CANT SAY FOR SURE IF IT HAPPENED

But it did

True, but the claims are just dumb!

If the government were to fake the landing, why would they do it so cheesily?

*in* Who still care about the moon landing seriously ?!?' date=' totally outdated concern , pfftttt, most important things is the cake is a lie, and the whole internet (h)ate cookies. *out*[/quote']

Exactly.

YOU GUYS WERENT THERE, YOU CANT SAY FOR SURE IF IT HAPPENED

But it did

Well said Megan Fox! And if you were there it's “do you have a video to prove it†and if you have the video it's “that video is fakeâ€Â

I see what you did there.

But seriously though, if the government made such a hologram to be seen by the whole world, that in itself is amazing technology.

They obviously got it from the ancient aliens that built the pyramids.

But as with any claim of this sort, keep asking questions of them. Don't assert anything, but try to make them think. You'll usually only get a few questions in and they'll begin to falter. The most likely outcome is that they'll realise they can't answer you and just resort to calling you a shill (or worse) and run away triumphantly, but very rare occasions they admit they can't answer and will think critically. Generally, if someone has the gift of critical thought they don't believe conspiracy theories in the first place.

Ask things like "What would 'they' have to gain by doing it?" & "What is that supposed to prove?". Put the ball in their court, and it'll become apparent all they can do is stand there and dribble.

The Science Labs is hardly the place to ask how to convince someone who actively refuses to see reason. It's probably a better question to put to a psychologist, in truth. Regardless, this doesn't have much to do with science of any form.

Moving this to the Space Lounge.

"A second one"? -_0

It's funny how no one mentions the other 5 landings.

And I'm sure they would have landed men on Venus by now... xD

My mum actually said that to me once: "If they really went to the Moon, how come they never went back".

"There have been 9 manned missions to the Moon, with 6 landing on the surface."

"Oh."

And she was an adult when the Moon landings happened...

...It's funny how no one mentions the other 5 landings...

This. Heck, I didn't even know about the other landings until I wikisurfed[1] the entire apollo program. They needed more moon rocks, I suppose!

[1]: Wikisurf: To read the wiki only following links that interest you/seem mildly interesting at the time. Variants involve having multiple tabs open, in the dozens. Or, hundreds. May be related to TVTropes will ruin your life. Also known as WikiWalking. But surfing sounds cooler, man.

I really came here to post the xkcd about it, but Kerbart already did that. >.> (Page 2)

Edited by Norpo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.