[1.0.4] LLL - Lack Luster Labs (Space-boxes!) [LLL-14 - 20JUN2014]

Lack

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The only part in the mod which uses the ModuleLandingGear that I can find is the LLL Skid

I put the skid on a simple ship, and went bouncing happily on the Mun and Minmus, no explosions.

But if you feel this change is necessary, I'll do the patch

There are three legs yeah? Underside Leg, Underside Leg - Small, and Skid. Skid and Underside Leg use MLG. Small uses MAG already. The one most likely to break is the Underside Leg. It's partname is LLLUnderLeg, so you could probably just change the above patch to @PART[LLLUnderLeg?] and be good to go.

Well, I find the following:

The part "LLL Skid" (LLLSkid), uses ModuleLandingGear

"Landing Leg - Underside" (LLLUnderLeg) uses ModuleLandingLeg

"Landing Leg - Small Underside" (LLLUnderLeg2) uses ModuleAnimateGeneric

So I assume that I should change all to use ModuleAnimateGeneric (The LLLUnderLeg2 already uses ModuleAnimateGeneric, so it isn't needed in this patch):

@Part[LLLUnderLeg]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleLandingLeg] {
		-name = ModuleLandingLeg
		+name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
	}
}
@Part[LLLSkid]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleLandingGear] {
		-name = ModuleLandingGear
		+name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
	}
}

Edit:  This patch isn't working (yet), I'll keep working on it

Edited by linuxgurugamer

This works:

@PART[LLLUnderLeg]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleLandingLeg]]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleLandingLeg] 
	{
		@name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
	}
}
@PART[LLLSkid]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleLandingGear]]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleLandingGear] 
	{
		@name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
	}
}

I have an initial release available, you can get it here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/LLL-Continued/releases/tag/1.0.0

Feedback is asked for and welcomed, changes also gratefully accepted

It includes the following changes:

Spoiler

Changelog for LLLContinued

Changes for 1.1.3 compatiblity
        - updated included ModuleManager DLL 
        - updated included Firespitter
        - Updated LLL_CLS.cfg to addfollowing two lines to all
          MM patches for compatiblity with ConnectedLivingSpaces:
            passableWhenSurfaceAttached = true
            surfaceAttachmentsPassable = true
        - Added LLL_FixLandingLeg.cfg  because of KSP/Unity issues with
          landing legs and wheels, they now use the generic 
          ModuleAnimateGeneric for the animations
        - Deleted weapons parts.  If BDArmory is ever resurrected, these
          parts will either be included again, or added in a supplemental
          mod
        - Added a .version file and MiniAVC.dll

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 7/21/2016 at 6:25 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

II have an initial release available, you can get it here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/LLL-Continued/releases/tag/1.0.0

Feedback is asked for and welcomed, changes also gratefully accepted

It includes the following changes:

Reveal hidden contents

Changelog for LLLContinued

Changes for 1.1.3 compatiblity
        - updated included ModuleManager DLL 
        - updated included Firespitter
        - Updated LLL_CLS.cfg to addfollowing two lines to all
          MM patches for compatiblity with ConnectedLivingSpaces:
            passableWhenSurfaceAttached = true
            surfaceAttachmentsPassable = true
        - Added LLL_FixLandingLeg.cfg  because of KSP/Unity issues with
          landing legs and wheels, they now use the generic 
          ModuleAnimateGeneric for the animations
        - Deleted weapons parts.  If BDArmory is ever resurrected, these
          parts will either be included again, or added in a supplemental
          mod
        - Added a .version file and MiniAVC.dll

I just downloaded it and tried it, and it seems to constantly crash my game. I know it was this too because it didn't crash until I installed this

1 hour ago, Polaris111 said:

I just downloaded it and tried it, and it seems to constantly crash my game. I know it was this too because it didn't crash until I installed this

Is this the first time you downloaded it?  

Need logs.  This is a parts mod only, it depends on other mods.  It is also a very big mod, if you have limited memory, you might be running out of memory.

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is this the first time you downloaded it?  

Need logs.  This is a parts mod only, it depends on other mods.  It is also a very big mod, if you have limited memory, you might be running out of memory.

Idk. it was crashing only in the spaceplane hangar, I'm playing in 1.1.3 on 64 bit mode and I have 32 gigs of ram on a new computer so I doubt its that, I just uninstalled it and it suddenly stopped crashing

An unusual error with LLL Continued:

You know how when you load the game with mods that are not compatible with the version of the game you are running, there's a pop-up that says that the mod in question isn't compatible and also lists the version it's meant to work with? LLL Continued triggers that pop-up and is listed as being compatible with KSP version 1.1.13. (One point One point Thirteen)

2 hours ago, King Something said:

An unusual error with LLL Continued:

You know how when you load the game with mods that are not compatible with the version of the game you are running, there's a pop-up that says that the mod in question isn't compatible and also lists the version it's meant to work with? LLL Continued triggers that pop-up and is listed as being compatible with KSP version 1.1.13. (One point One point Thirteen)

Thanks, obviously a typo, I'll fix it

Edit:  it's been updated on Github, and I'm now adding it to Spacedock

Edited by linuxgurugamer

4 hours ago, Polaris111 said:

Idk. it was crashing only in the spaceplane hangar, I'm playing in 1.1.3 on 64 bit mode and I have 32 gigs of ram on a new computer so I doubt its that, I just uninstalled it and it suddenly stopped crashing

Still need logs.

so, when you take your car to a mechanic, do  you say "fix it" and just leave, or do you tell him what is wrong, symptoms, etc?

When you go to a doctor, do you tell him how you are feeling, or do you expect him to read your mind?

Saying that it's crashing without logs is exactly the same thing, and will get exactly the same amount of attention from me:  NONE

Post logs so we can see what is going on.  Maybe it's a conflict with another mod.  Maybe there is something else.  But without logs, you aren't going to hear back from me again on this subject.

I write and maintain a LOT of mods, and in all cases, when there is a problem (unless it is obvious like the one above when I had a typo in the version file), I (and ALL other mod authors) need the logs.  I can't spend time tracking down something which for everyone else seems to work.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Still need logs.

so, when you take your car to a mechanic, do  you say "fix it" and just leave, or do you tell him what is wrong, symptoms, etc?

When you go to a doctor, do you tell him how you are feeling, or do you expect him to read your mind?

Saying that it's crashing without logs is exactly the same thing, and will get exactly the same amount of attention from me:  NONE

Post logs so we can see what is going on.  Maybe it's a conflict with another mod.  Maybe there is something else.  But without logs, you aren't going to hear back from me again on this subject.

I write and maintain a LOT of mods, and in all cases, when there is a problem (unless it is obvious like the one above when I had a typo in the version file), I (and ALL other mod authors) need the logs.  I can't spend time tracking down something which for everyone else seems to work.

I'm sorry for wasting your time and also making you so upset. I'm not new to this game or mods, but I am very new to the community and asking others for help with issues. I didn't expect you to be so upset by this, and I don't know what logs to get or understand them myself I've tried in the past and it wasn't something I could understand. At this point I'll just drop it, sorry for making you so upset.

7 hours ago, Polaris111 said:

I'm sorry for wasting your time and also making you so upset. I'm not new to this game or mods, but I am very new to the community and asking others for help with issues. I didn't expect you to be so upset by this, and I don't know what logs to get or understand them myself I've tried in the past and it wasn't something I could understand. At this point I'll just drop it, sorry for making you so upset.

It's not you, and I'm not upset.  Read the post above to find out what you need.  I will be happy to help, once I have something other than "it's broken"  :-)

If there are problems, then they will be fixed, but we need the logs.

LGG

Edited by linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's not you, and I'm not upset.  Read the post above to find out what you need.  I will be happy to help, once I have something other than "it's broken"  :-)

If there are problems, then they will be fixed, but we need the logs.

LGG

Actually, After a 6 hour long argument with KSP I found out that it was the version of firespitter you included that was causing the issue. Before  you ask, no I don't have any logs to back it up, but it seems as if it disagrees with other mods that I have. I would have brought logs to help prove my case, but when the game crashed, it didn't actually generate any crash logs. Sorry for the confusion, I'll do what I can to see if I can isolate what firespitter is actually disagreeing with

24 minutes ago, Polaris111 said:

Actually, After a 6 hour long argument with KSP I found out that it was the version of firespitter you included that was causing the issue. Before  you ask, no I don't have any logs to back it up, but it seems as if it disagrees with other mods that I have. I would have brought logs to help prove my case, but when the game crashed, it didn't actually generate any crash logs. Sorry for the confusion, I'll do what I can to see if I can isolate what firespitter is actually disagreeing with

That's very interesting, since it is the current version of FireSpitter (I just double-checked).

Please provide a copy of the output_log.txt, among other things, it lists all the mods that are installed (those with DLLs, at least).

Are you running in Career, Science, or Sandbox mode?

If career or science, please provide a copy of your peristent.sfs file as well

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's very interesting, since it is the current version of FireSpitter (I just double-checked).

Please provide a copy of the output_log.txt, among other things, it lists all the mods that are installed (those with DLLs, at least).

Are you running in Career, Science, or Sandbox mode?

If career or science, please provide a copy of your peristent.sfs file as well

I'm running sandbox mode, and as I said, when it crashed it didn't generate the crash logs so I can't actually send anything, but if you want the mods, here are the titles of the folders in my gamedata:

000_USITools, B9_aerospace(_HX/_legacy), B9AnimationModules, B9PartSwittch, BahaSP, BDarmory, BurnTogether, CivilianPopulationRevamp, CommunityResourcePack, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads, Firespitter (the one included in quiztech aero, not the one you included), FShangarExtender, IRsequencer-1.0-Final, JSI, KAS, KIS, KerbalJointReinforcement, Kerbaltek, KIS, Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal, LLL & LLL-Extra (the ones you posted), MagicSmokeIndustries, PrakasaAeroworks, QuiztechAero, Smokescreen, Tweakscale, UmbraSpaceIndustries, and ModuleManager 2.6.25 

Some of those mods are outdated, but I either updated them myself for personal use or am using a beta version from one of their respective forum posts

10 minutes ago, Polaris111 said:

I'm running sandbox mode, and as I said, when it crashed it didn't generate the crash logs so I can't actually send anything, but if you want the mods, here are the titles of the folders in my gamedata:

000_USITools, B9_aerospace(_HX/_legacy), B9AnimationModules, B9PartSwittch, BahaSP, BDarmory, BurnTogether, CivilianPopulationRevamp, CommunityResourcePack, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads, Firespitter (the one included in quiztech aero, not the one you included), FShangarExtender, IRsequencer-1.0-Final, JSI, KAS, KIS, KerbalJointReinforcement, Kerbaltek, KIS, Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal, LLL & LLL-Extra (the ones you posted), MagicSmokeIndustries, PrakasaAeroworks, QuiztechAero, Smokescreen, Tweakscale, UmbraSpaceIndustries, and ModuleManager 2.6.25 

Some of those mods are outdated, but I either updated them myself for personal use or am using a beta version from one of their respective forum posts

Send me the log file anyway, it has information not necessarily related to the crash which would be useful.

However, one thing I don't see in any of your messages is what version of KSP you are running.  I need to know, because, some of what I see (specifically BDarmory) is not compatible with 1.1.3.  Also, look for another version of Firespitter in some of the other directories

15 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Send me the log file anyway, it has information not necessarily related to the crash which would be useful.

However, one thing I don't see in any of your messages is what version of KSP you are running.  I need to know, because, some of what I see (specifically BDarmory) is not compatible with 1.1.3.  Also, look for another version of Firespitter in some of the other directories

I'm running 1.1.3. 1289 (x64) , and about BDarmory, some of the mods are outdated, but I either updated them myself for personal use or found someone in their forums who made a beta. I dont know what you mean about finding a new version of firespitter, the one from the quiztechaero beta works just fine. Lastly, how do you want me to send the output log? I don't see a way to directly upload the document

Just in case I preemptively made a dropbox link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/2c2zjxkqjssppv0/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Polaris111

Did you try deleting the firespitter in the Quiztech pack instead of the one in LLL?

Also, regarding Quiztech, are you running the latest (1.3.0.1)?  If so, then that's something I maintain as well, and will be updating the Firespitter pack to 7.3.0

I suspect you are hitting a conflict between the two firespitters.

Re. the log file, Dropbox or Google drive would be fine, just post a link to the file

18 minutes ago, Polaris111 said:

I'm running 1.1.3. 1289 (x64) , and about BDarmory, some of the mods are outdated, but I either updated them myself for personal use or found someone in their forums who made a beta. I dont know what you mean about finding a new version of firespitter, the one from the quiztechaero beta works just fine. Lastly, how do you want me to send the output log? I don't see a way to directly upload the document

Just in case I preemptively made a dropbox link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/2c2zjxkqjssppv0/output_log.txt?dl=0

looking at the logs, you have a lot of infernal robotics exceptions. Which civilian pop are you running? the 1.1.3 version? Why klockheedmartin gimbal also? It's become basically defunct.

2 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

looking at the logs, you have a lot of infernal robotics exceptions. Which civilian pop are you running? the 1.1.3 version? Why klockheedmartin gimbal also? It's become basically defunct.

With IR, thats what happens when you try to make mechs, and as for klockheedmartin, I have absolutely no idea xD

2 minutes ago, Polaris111 said:

With IR, thats what happens when you try to make mechs, and as for klockheedmartin, I have absolutely no idea xD

hah, fair enough. It's out of date though (you have 2.0.0 and the latest is 2.0.2).

I'd delete Klockheed.

Firespitter v7.1.6016.23694..............? Should read v7.30, no? Don't you already have Firespitter from USI? This is the link to the latest version.

14 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I see  exceptions from B9, ModuleDeployableSolarPanel, IsolatedStorageExceptions, etc.

1 minute ago, Deimos Rast said:

hah, fair enough. It's out of date though (you have 2.0.0 and the latest is 2.0.2).

I'd delete Klockheed.

Firespitter v7.1.6016.23694..............? Should read v7.30, no? Don't you already have Firespitter from USI? This is the link to the latest version.

I think he got the Firespitter from the Quiztech mod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.