Kopernicus Core - Version NAN - Outdated

_Augustus_

Now outdated! Use KopernicusTech for your planets!

Incompatible Mods

Custom Biomes

KerbalGalaxy

Krag's Planet Factory

Planet Factory CE

Shadelz Planetary Mod

StarSystems

Credits

BryceSchroeder, aftokinito, & Teknoman117 for creating Kopernicus

KCreator for creating KittopiaTech

NathanKell for creating RealSolarSystem

Padishar for patching Kopernicus

Krag for creating PlanetFactory

Poryy for creating Kerbal Universe 2

Edited by _Augustus_

Well, Ablate certainly looks a lot more interesting. Cool mod.

Thanks! I'm planning to bring back a few planet packs if their licenses or creators permit it.

It's actually quite simple to do what I'm doing. You just need to create the planets with Kopernicus and tweak them with KittopiaTech and RSS.

@_Augustus_:

<moderation>

I've removed the download link as you need to include your license and the Kopernicus license in the download per the Add-on Posting Rules. Please update the download to include them.

Can you clarify whether the planet textures are your own assets or that you have permission to use them?

</moderation>

These look good! I never did play with the original PF.

Edited by Master Tao

RSS Config

This config obviously does not work with any planet packs, but it allows for the gas giants to actually be gassy and uses the spare planets for new moons. It also adds additional moons to the gas giants.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Edited by _Augustus_

Stella Expansion Corner

Adds a new star, Stella, orbiting at 2 billion kilometers from Kerbol, or about 100x the distance from Kerbin to Kerbol. Getting here is very challenging but rewarding, as Stella has 4 planets, two of which are gas giants with habitable moons.

Warp drive mods are recommended for getting to Stella.

Now in beta. Supports CustomAsteroids, FinalFrontier, PlanetShine, and Distant Object Enhancement.

Downloads (Requires Kerbal Konstructs):

Edited by _Augustus_

I agree. The current Ablate just looks like it is some random numbers just punched into the terrain generator.

It's actually just Dres with a new texture, but the height hasn't been scaled down. I cannot do landclasses with KittopiaTech on these new planets, this is also why Ascension, Joker, & Pingle have the same terrain as Minmus.

Thanks for adding your license.

Kopernicus' license is the same as PF's and my own.

Kopernicus's license is actually LGPL, not GPL: https://github.com/BryceSchroeder/Kopernicus/blob/master/LICENSE

Add that one, and Trans-Keptunian's CC-BY-A and Urania's CC-BY-NC-SA when you start including those.

On topic, since you're requiring RSS anyway, you should be able to use PQS height maps to change the terrain for the planets. :)

On topic, since you're requiring RSS anyway, you should be able to use PQS height maps to change the terrain for the planets. :)

Additionally, I was messing around with it for a minute and was able to edit Joker with KittopiaTech.

So, I tried to install this, and whenever I do try, it never shows up. Do I have to put the Kopernicus_PF folder inside the Kopernicus one? What am I doing wrong?

Ah. You need ModuleManager.

- - - Updated - - -

why does it have to be real solar system only? do you have a stock compatible version?

It uses RSS for editing terrain. It replaces the RSS config, so no actual changes to stock bodies :)

Ah. You need ModuleManager.

- - - Updated - - -

It uses RSS for editing terrain. It replaces the RSS config, so no actual changes to stock bodies :)

so i can use it with RSS and i still have all the same sized stock planets along with the same sized modded planet

Are you saying it doesn't appear while the game is loading or the planets don't appear in the tracking station?

There is no loading screen or start screen menu.

Ah, okay, I was looking for a menu while loading the game.

The planets don't appear in the tracking station.

But now I realized I have an outdated Module Manager, so I updated, let's see how that goes.

EDIT: Nope, still doesn't work.

Edited by lordmuffin

I can't say I like this. I like the will to resurrect the mod, but not the idea to change it drastically.

Planet Factory was Krag's brain child and thus you should've respected his design. Ablate is ruined. It used to be an ablated ball with realistic, natural, complex terrain and now it's nothing like that.

Also, Krag's addition was on the verge of going into needlessly complex, weird worlds and yours has crossed it.

I respect your effort, but I don't like it.

I can't say I like this. I like the will to resurrect the mod, but not the idea to change it drastically.

Planet Factory was Krag's brain child and thus you should've respected his design. Ablate is ruined. It used to be an ablated ball with realistic, natural, complex terrain and now it's nothing like that.

Also, Krag's addition was on the verge of going into needlessly complex, weird worlds and yours has crossed it.

I respect your effort, but I don't like it.

I understand your issue with Ablate, however I can't do landclasses or heightmap decals and Ablate has no heightmap.

I'd be happy for you to design one.