Any mods that show Ascending nodes and Descending nodes on orbital map?

ebigunso

So I want to maneuver my craft so that the inclination is close to 0°, but without any craft that I can set target to I can't figure out just where the ascending and descending nodes are.

Are there any good mods that makes it visible?

There is no AN and DN of an orbit. They're always relative to something.

If you're in orbit around Kerbin, the Mun is convenient as it orbits in the equatorial plane. Target it, and you can see your AN and DN relative to it and get a perfect equatorial orbit.

well, relative to the equatorial plane, would be it in this case.

I want to do this on Minmus so...

well, relative to the equatorial plane, would be it in this case.

I want to do this on Minmus so...

Yeah sadly you can't target outside the SOI. While it doesn't put it on the map, I think KER will show you your orbit stats including the angle off of equatorial.

Also, you could put a probe in orbit around Minmus then use Hyperedit to set its inclination to 0 relative to the equator, then target it with your ships.

Yeah sadly you can't target outside the SOI. While it doesn't put it on the map, I think KER will show you your orbit stats including the angle off of equatorial.

Also, you could put a probe in orbit around Minmus then use Hyperedit to set its inclination to 0 relative to the equator, then target it with your ships.

I already have KER and it's helping me a lot, but still I have to eyeball the burn position and thus most of the times I can never get the inclination down to 0.

The ability to use Hyperedit feels very cheaty so I'd rather give up if I have to go and install that.

Anybody know of anything else? Or if there is none I'd like to search for someone who can make it.

You should be able to do this with KER. Seeing as you want to get your orbit equatorial, select surface mode and view the latitude/longitude. Wait for your ship to cross the equator and then burn to cancel your velocity in that plane.

You should be able to do this with KER. Seeing as you want to get your orbit equatorial, select surface mode and view the latitude/longitude. Wait for your ship to cross the equator and then burn to cancel your velocity in that plane.

AHA thanks, this seems like a good solution.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.