Best "achievements list" for current version of KSP?

PTNLemay

Because no offense to career mode, but those missions are... well they're not exactly consistent (both in their level of difficulty or in their explanations). I remember seeing a great list of KSP challenges on a reddit page of some sort once. It was cool, but one of the problems was that most of them were thought up back in pre-0.12, when it was just a different game.

Does anyone know of a similar list with clever/fun challenges for 0.25. Ideally one with a smooth and logical progression in difficulty.

Also, if someone does know of that original reddit page it would be fun to have, if only for comparison with other people's lists.

@ Sky

I worry that most of those are too pro for me, that's why I was hoping for a long gradual one starting near the beginning. I love the game but I'm not super good at it, lol.

@Jen

Oh, neat... I didn't know that existed. That might work.

And here's the reddit page I was talking about: http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/1hbdyf/weekly_challenge_week_50_spectacular/

On second glance it's not that dated, some of those could still be fun to do in a weekend...

If you're looking for an achievements list, go ahead and get creative and start naming off a few things you haven't done before, and gradually step it up from there. For example, something like:

1. Get into orbit.

2. Get into Mun orbit.

3. Land on Mun.

4. Land on Duna.

5. Return from Duna.

6. Land and return from Dres.

7. Go visit the Joolian system. Land on a few moons and return.

8. Land on Eeloo and return.

9. Land on Moho and return.

10. Land on Eve and return.

11. Do the Jool-5 challenge.

12. Grand tour of the system.

13. "Land" on Jool and return.

14. Land on Kerbol and return (good luck with this one!)

15. ???

Yeah, so just start with the basics, and work up from there. Reach out farther and farther at your own pace.

The one's I'm looking for are the ones hiding there between Land on Mum and Land on Duna. That's the line where I break-down. Mostly because I get stuck on pseudo-realism, I don't want to send a kerbal in that tiny capsule for a 40 day mission, that's crazy. He'd need room to breathe, or even another kerbal as backup. Next thing I know I've got an 80 ton interplanetary ship shaking apart as it tries to perform an ejection burn.

So yeah... I tend to try and do stuff in Kerbin orbit, because it's easy to reach. One random challenge I had found was something like... achieve an orbit no higher than 100 km, then send your kerbal out and put him in a 120 km orbit. It was an adrenaline rush! You rarely need to go on such a long EVA, but the challenge called for it, so I did it, and it was awesome.

That's what I need to come up with, random challenges that are do-able for me, but still original and fun.

You sound like you're stuck right about where we (Humans) are stuck.

I say: Stop fretting that stuff. There will be plenty of time to roleplay out the needing extra space or food or whatnot. For now, just go out there and DO stuff. You've been to Mun and Minmus, go to Gilly. Or Ike. Then go to Duna. Etc. Just go! :)

But if you simply cannot bring yourself to, then I suggest you look into mods because there isn't really anything between "land on Mun and Minmus" and "Land on Duna, Ike, or Gilly." There just isn't. I mean, you can land on different places on Mun. Find some easter eggs and whatnot, but eventually you're going to have to (as I said above) just go and land on another planet.

Oh one thing: Probes. They don't need four-poster queen beds to be happy. Send them everywhere.

Yeah... it's not even that hard to get to Duna anymore, I've gotten better so I can totally do it in sandbox mode.

But now there's career mode so I feel obligated to do it that way. With all of the tech and monetary limitations therein. It's damn fun but it takes hours, and I find myself running out of spare time to play. Most of the the time these days I just goof around in sandbox... and it feels cheap to do challenges in there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.