Kerbin viewed from a 7 Million meter orbit!

VincentMcConnell

That far away you\'d be able to see stars. It\'s only in bright places like low orbit on the day side that they wouldn\'t be visible (due to your eyes adjusting to the super bright thing right next to you)

If you looked away from it in a dark area for long enough then they\'d show up, although I don\'t expect KSP to have that level of HDR anytime soon.

That far away you\'d be able to see stars. It\'s only in bright places like low orbit on the day side that they wouldn\'t be visible (due to your eyes adjusting to the super bright thing right next to you)

If you looked away from it in a dark area for long enough then they\'d show up, although I don\'t expect KSP to have that level of HDR anytime soon.

Earth-view-from-Apollo-11.jpg

And the thing I posted was a photo, like this. Not a naked eye visual.

Earth-view-from-Apollo-11.jpg

And the thing I posted was a photo, like this. Not a naked eye visual.

Now look away from earth and the stars will start rearing there ugly heads.

Anyway

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10237.0;attach=16924;image

Little bit bigger than the famous pale blue dot picture but still it\'s tiny.

Now look away from earth and the stars will start rearing there ugly heads.

Anyway

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10237.0;attach=16924;image

Little bit bigger than the famous pale blue dot picture but still it\'s tiny.

Bear in mind that pale blue dot was taken from beyond the orbit of Pluto. Not sure of the equivalent ratio of Kerbin to Earth distances, but I think your displayed range would at least have to show the P in it.

This does make me think we need telescopes. Yes, telescopes, so we can take our own pale blue dot shots from the surface of the Kerbol system\'s furthest out planet/dwarf planet.

'I can see your house from here!'

Bear in mind that pale blue dot was taken from beyond the orbit of Pluto. Not sure of the equivalent ratio of Kerbin to Earth distances, but I think your displayed range would at least have to show the P in it.

This does make me think we need telescopes. Yes, telescopes, so we can take our own pale blue dot shots from the surface of the Kerbol system\'s furthest out planet/dwarf planet.

'I can see your house from here!'

Yes! Set up your telescope bases on the far away stars and they would work like the map view. Zoom out, see where the different planets are, then zoom in on them as necessary. Your very own telescope array on a distant moon of a tiny planet. I likw! 8)