Fuel transfer, YES!!!!

EdFred

Have one central tank, and need to equally distribute to multiple radial tanks?

Right click on them all, and click out on the central tank, and it fills the radial tanks equally. Also draws from them equally too.

Awesome update.

Lol I was wondering how long it'd take to find that.

Also, press R to toggle between radial and mirror symmetry, and F to change between part relative and global relative movement in the editor :)

Was one of the first things I found on a launch. I always monitor multiple fuel tank draws to see what's happening, and so I started the transfer to see how it functioned. Voila.

Also, press R to toggle between radial and mirror symmetry, and F to change between part relative and global relative movement in the editor :)

And here I was just about to ask for moving parts in their local axis.

I noticed this too. It's a great quality of life feature.

Also, while we're on the topic of less known features, the Mark 55 got a well needed buff. It has a better Isp and the gimbal was increased even more.

Edited by xub313

One badly needed feature is the 'center lock' toggle from the editor expansion mod. Press V and parts are locked to the 'center' of the parent part.

I must be dense tonight. Why can't I transfer fuel inflight between some radial tanks and a central tank. I got a kerbal going to crash because the old way does not work.

You need to upgrade the R&D to tier 2 to get fuel transfer.

When I first read the OP, I just about jumped up and danced a jig for joy. At work.

With balanced *simultaneous* fuel transfer into the central tank, my old V0.24 low-tech Mun lander goes from a hopeless deathtrap to a useful vehicle! I can finally LAND in it rather than plow into a crater while still frantically shoving fuel into the central tank!

Oh, wait. I just said "low tech". And fuel transfer can't be done at all until after the expensive (oh so VERY expensive) R&D building upgrade.

Aw, nuts. :(

On the plus side, I didn't lose my job due to insane dancing about... :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.