Kerbin Emergency Services

MCP520

I have been searching for months to find a mod or parts pack that will add parts related to fire, crash rescue, and EMS. I do a lot of public safety in real life (FD & EMS) and often will create my own fake missions in sandbox mode to recover crashed vessels and what not. The only thing I have found remotely close to this is KSO (which is awaiting compatibility with 0.90).

If anyone would like to create something or knows of something please let me know. The emergency lightbars in KSO are amazing but are only for those two rovers, as it is a single piece. Even just a mod or part pack that can have emergency light bars similar to those in KSO so I can add them to my other rovers and recovery ships would be awesome.

My apologies if this post is not in the correct place or this is not an authorized suggestion/request. I read the stickies and didn't see anything wrong with this. Thanks!

Roverdude's Exploration Pack has an emergency light. I can't remember if the colors can be changed, but it spins/flashes like those old-style police lights, and sorta looks like one too. That's the only thing I can think of that might fit your request.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86695

I downloaded this one, haven't tried it out yet though...anyone have any more suggestions?

Update - Ok the safety light is awesome..is there a way to edit the cfg file to make it rotate faster and change the color?

Edited by MCP520

I downloaded this one, haven't tried it out yet though...anyone have any more suggestions?

Update - Ok the safety light is awesome..is there a way to edit the cfg file to make it rotate faster and change the color?

You can pretty much change Cfg. files to do anything you can think of

Looking through the config of the Safety Light, it looks like Roverdude used FSAnimateGeneric module to animate the rotating lights. If what I've read in the Firespitter documentation is correct, then you can try adding this line under the FSAnimateGeneric module in the cfg file:

animSpeed = 1

Then just increase the value until you've got what you want. It should look like this:

MODULE

{

name = FSanimateGeneric

animationName = Rotate

animSpeed = 1 //add this line, and change the value

startEventGUIName = Rotate Clockwise

endEventGUIName = Rotate Conterclockwise

availableInEVA = True

availableInVessel = True

EVArange = 5

layer=4

moduleID=1

playAnimationOnEditorSpawn = True

}

Now, I haven't tested this, because I don't have that mod installed currently. It might work, it might not...I'd go ask Roverdude in the release thread, he'd know more. Plus, he might be able to tell you how to change the colors. That should be an option in the editor, since he's using the stock Light module, but if it isn't there then he may have done something different in Unity.

PS. Module Manager files are much cleaner than just editing the cfgs directly, but that's still something I'm learning. Worse case scenario is this doesn't work, and you just have to delete that line from the cfg file.

The developer would probably be the best place to start - it's in active development - they may be open to suggestions http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/16925-0-23-X-Aviation-Lights-v3-6-%2803MAY14%29

I'd also suggest having a word to Arsonide on the Fine Print thread.

Not for lights, but for missions: he's still working on further contract expansion mods, and an emergency/rescue (or even International Rescue; Thunderbirds are Go...) mission pack is an obvious direction to go.

You can pretty much change Cfg. files to do anything you can think of

I understand this, but unfortunately I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to that so I need guidance.

Looking through the config of the Safety Light, it looks like Roverdude used FSAnimateGeneric module to animate the rotating lights. If what I've read in the Firespitter documentation is correct, then you can try adding this line under the FSAnimateGeneric module in the cfg file:

Then just increase the value until you've got what you want. It should look like this:

Now, I haven't tested this, because I don't have that mod installed currently. It might work, it might not...I'd go ask Roverdude in the release thread, he'd know more. Plus, he might be able to tell you how to change the colors. That should be an option in the editor, since he's using the stock Light module, but if it isn't there then he may have done something different in Unity.

PS. Module Manager files are much cleaner than just editing the cfgs directly, but that's still something I'm learning. Worse case scenario is this doesn't work, and you just have to delete that line from the cfg file.

No luck on this edit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.