[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

Hmm. Another question. Say you were doing something else. Would a probe that has this, continue to scan the planet, then you come back and check its progress?

Or do you have to sit and wait for it to get done?

Hmm. Another question. Say you were doing something else. Would a probe that has this, continue to scan the planet, then you come back and check its progress?

Or do you have to sit and wait for it to get done?

Due to game limitations, only active ships can scan. You don't have to watch it the whole time, but you've got to leave the game open with that ship selected. :P I suggest you let probes scan overnight, or otherwise get into an orbit that allows decent scanning at a high time-warp.

Could I possibly get a complete version of the artifacts.dat file?

I kept the GUI and CSV data from a previous game, but I misplaced that file so my maps don't show their locations, and I'd rather not re-map the necessary bodies at the moment.

Any idea of where the original author is??? Kimberly, are you driving this mod now?

No, I just answer questions. :P I'm not involved with the mod in any way. But Innsewerants hasn't posted since late May, so I assume he/she's been busy with something else.

How do you open the GUI? I can't right click on the sat or GPS unit and I can't find an answer on here.

When you have a satellite with the dish or GSP unit selected, in the lower-left corner you should see a button with a symbol of a pair of compasses.

I looked did not see it, I had 3.3.1 installed and seen the dev blog and got version 4 and it showed up and worked but it causes a lot of lag, just to let you guys know.

I seen other people on here posting about lag and I am getting the same issue, yeah I have a lot of mods installed but no lag untill this one :\

Any vessel with an ISA MapSat attached crashes my game on the lunch pad (no errors just freezing the game). When I remove the ISA MapSat the game works fine.

Happens with ISA MapSat Dev Build X4r1

Any vessel with an ISA MapSat attached crashes my game on the lunch pad (no errors just freezing the game). When I remove the ISA MapSat the game works fine.

Happens with ISA MapSat Dev Build X4r1

Getting the same, also when I do finally get a craft to load on the launchpad there is no option (little compass thing) to use ISA

I am new to KSP (about a month now) and I have installed this plugin/mod as per the instructions, but the parts do not show up. Other mod installations have gone without a hitch. Can someone specifically note what is supposed to end up where and give this newb (me!) a kind helping hand, since the maps and even the very idea of this mod is so very cool? Thank you

I am new to KSP (about a month now) and I have installed this plugin/mod as per the instructions, but the parts do not show up. Other mod installations have gone without a hitch. Can someone specifically note what is supposed to end up where and give this newb (me!) a kind helping hand, since the maps and even the very idea of this mod is so very cool? Thank you

Hey man ive got the same issue as you I installed ISA MapSat Dev build X4r1 and I can't seam to find either of the 2 parts of the mapping satellites, everything is where it should be install wise.

I also installed the RemoteTech addon at the same time, upon launching the game I saw all those parts and none of Mapsat's.

To check compatibility with RemoteTech I took it off but the parts for Mapsat still didn't appear.

The only thing that I can think of is some form of compatability issue with Mechjeb (and we are talking 0.19 for 1.9.8 KSP)

If it helps i'm running on windows 7 64-bit

Quick note... I love this mod and all the work that's been done to update it. However, I am looking at being forced to let it go because of the memory issues. Simply put, this mod is using WAY too much memory for any single mod. Given that we are limited to ~4GB by 32-bit KSP code, I'm having a hard time justifying it. I REALLY REALLY like this mod, but I could install a ton of mods with the same memory footprint. Anything you can do to optimize the memory usage would be appreciated.

More than one dish doesn't do anything for memory or crash frequency. Even crafts with just a GPS on board are 10x more likely to crash on me. I don't know what it would be like just running stock+isa but the number of mods I consider indispensable is quite short, and with isa running at the same time I can only play for 30-40 mins at a time.

Alright well I'm on steam's version of KSP and the current dev build for mapsat won't show any parts in the VAB so I've installed the version on spaceport (0.19 for KSP 1.9.8)

Now the parts appear.... but i'm now at the stage everyone else is at with the game crashing on launchpad

Well I haven't exactly crashed yet... But with all my mods I love and Mapsat, I am regularly at 3.6-3.8GB for KSP. That is without too many things in space yet either mind you, and sticking to fairly simple craft. I imagine that when I try to build something with more parts (eg. awesome space station) that I'll die. Not to mention I probably can't load another mod more than I have. I really like this mod, but I can't risk making my save unplayable either. I don't know why ISA is being such a memory hog, but pretty please fix it.

Well I haven't exactly crashed yet... But with all my mods I love and Mapsat, I am regularly at 3.6-3.8GB for KSP. That is without too many things in space yet either mind you, and sticking to fairly simple craft. I imagine that when I try to build something with more parts (eg. awesome space station) that I'll die. Not to mention I probably can't load another mod more than I have. I really like this mod, but I can't risk making my save unplayable either. I don't know why ISA is being such a memory hog, but pretty please fix it.

I appear to have the same situation as well.

One savegame had a very bare-bones satellite, which runs MapSat OK. As soon as I started adding other stock parts, flights either took much longer to load or crashed KSP altogether.

I therefore echo other player's requests for optimization.

ASIDE: It seems that Innsewerants hasn't been on the forums since 5 June 2013. Now, if only he had made the source of his X4r1 available with a licence, one of us could in theory look into this...

[quote name=sumghai;537587

ASIDE: It seems that Innsewerants hasn't been on the forums since 5 June 2013. Now' date=' if only he had made the source of his X4r1 available with a licence, one of us could in theory look into this...[/quote']

There is source for earlier versions kicking around. Does anyone know what the licence was?

I fear the status of this mod now, even if this is still being worked on it's been two full versions now since we had a non-dev build of this thing and not a single update since june 5.