[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

is there a why we could incorporate mapsat functionality into other parts? It would be cool if i could add something to the config files of my fav cockpits to do this..

This isn't possible yet. The code needs to be rewritten to use part modules, because currently it looks for the part name. I'm sure Insewerrants is planning that for v4.

When you first start the game with a new fresh map sat, it hangs. be patient, its generating a elevation file and png images.

I have exactly the same problem. Simple sat cube + isasat and the game hangs right after clicking launch and nothing happens. Even after waiting 25 minutes there is no change.. (Core I7 3.4 ghz, 16 gb ram).

How long do we need to wait?

Where are the elevation and png files generated, perhaps it is an access problem of some kind?

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

I have exactly the same problem. Simple sat cube + isasat and the game hangs right after clicking launch and nothing happens. Even after waiting 25 minutes there is no change.. (Core I7 3.4 ghz, 16 gb ram).

How long do we need to wait?

I would like to know this as well. I've used the previous MapSat for months, but I have yet to get a ship on the Launchpad to work with this version. It hangs with one CPU core maxed out for minutes. I haven't waited 25 minutes myself, but over 5 minutes on several occasions.

I had big troubles with mapsat in 20.1. I've downloaded 20.2 with this version of mapsat and the game runs as smooth as before.

But I cannot see the mapsat button in the lower left corner... I've tried the mod in the legacy folders (/Plugins & /pluginData) and in the new method (/GameData/ISA_Mapsat/)

*sigh* I can't get this to work. I deleted the old Satmap, everything, and then upgraded to this version. I can't get the GUI button to open the MapSat to show during my flight. When I replaced the JUST the parts, it worked. But when I replace everything, it doesn't show. Again, I deleted everything before I started, yet I can't get the new one to work. Any suggestions?

Have it working fine with no hangs, delays, extra cpu load etc with the developer 4 build. Everything maps out, theres just no output for it yet, ATBH, I should do read the latest notes to see if anythings been added.

For anyone not having it work, remember there's a new install method/location.

Lol why is this listed under working 0.20 mods when it clearly doesn't work?

I bet you DLed the mod version on page 1 and didn't surf to the devs blog to get the dev release.

I bet you DLed the mod version on page 1 and didn't surf to the devs blog to get the dev release.

That's what I did. The first link is broken so I downloaded it from the second link. I'll try it now. He should update the front page if his links don't work :P

Still doesn't work. I can click on an invisible button that gives me a menu of nothingness.

EDIT

OOPS! I'm a poopy face. It works! Just follow the new install instructions with the dev version and it fixed everything. Thanks for the help!

Edited by skendzie

Skendzie, do you have KSP 0.20.2 ? or are you still in 0.20.1?

0.20.1 no work. update, now.

And I can judge from what your wrote:

The first link is broken so I downloaded it from the second link
that you are NOT loading the right files anyway.

Please see my previous post to see : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/9396-0-20-ISA-MapSat-4-0-Dev-Build?p=404126&viewfull=1#post404126

I would like to know this as well. I've used the previous MapSat for months, but I have yet to get a ship on the Launchpad to work with this version. It hangs with one CPU core maxed out for minutes. I haven't waited 25 minutes myself, but over 5 minutes on several occasions.

Suddently I'm having this problem too. I was using the dev version just fine last night with no issue, then today for some reason it just hangs as soon as I try to load a ship with MapSat on it. Might end up deleting all ISA parts and installing from scratch.

I seem to be having some trouble with the Dev update. When my ship gets up to around 8,000 - 10,000m from launch the game just completely freezes up and crashes. Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else or have I installed it wrong?

Cheers.

That's what I did. The first link is broken so I downloaded it from the second link. I'll try it now. He should update the front page if his links don't work :P

there is no link in this thread that will work....you have to go to the devs blog.....what are ya not getting about that

the front page (as well as spaceport) wont be updated till the final build is done

the dev build works fine for KSP 0.20 and 0.20.2

I seem to be having some trouble with the Dev update. When my ship gets up to around 8,000 - 10,000m from launch the game just completely freezes up and crashes. Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else or have I installed it wrong?

Cheers.

what other mods are ya running?

there is no link in this thread that will work....you have to go to the devs blog.....

It is a bit odd that the thread title is "[0.20] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build" but the first post contains no link to the item referenced in the thread title. Title should really not have been changed until the main post was updated... :/

It is a bit odd that the thread title is "[0.20] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build" but the first post contains no link to the item referenced in the thread title. Title should really not have been changed until the main post was updated... :/

Did you even bother to read the first post?? You must not have......

"I have been working on a new Mapsat for a while as many might be aware, this is taking longer than I had hoped, there's always something in the way of working on it.

For this reason I released a dev build of the next version, it's fully compatible with 0.20's new system. It is however a dev build meaning not all the planned stuff for 4.0 is in yet and what is might not have received any love in the GUI polish department yet. I have put a lot of time in ensuring the main functionality is all working correctly in 0.20 .

One thing that is considered broken at the moment is csv writing. It works but it's worthless, it hasn't been updated to properly work with the new scanning routines. It's on the to do list before I release the final on Spaceport.

More information and the download to the dev build can be found in my blog, see my signature or click the blog item to the left of this message.

RI have been working on a new Mapsat for a while as many might be aware, this is taking longer than I had hoped, there's always something in the way of working on it.

For this reason I released a dev build of the next version, it's fully compatible with 0.20's new system. It is however a dev build meaning not all the planned stuff for 4.0 is in yet and what is might not have received any love in the GUI polish department yet. I have put a lot of time in ensuring the main functionality is all working correctly in 0.20 .

One thing that is considered broken at the moment is csv writing. It works but it's worthless, it hasn't been updated to properly work with the new scanning routines. It's on the to do list before I release the final on Spaceport.

More information and the download to the dev build can be found in my blog, see my signature or click the blog item to the left of this message."

READING THIS FIRST WOULD HAVE CLEARED THE CONFUSION!!

Did you even bother to read the first post?? You must not have......

I did.

READING THIS FIRST WOULD HAVE CLEARED THE CONFUSION!!

Did you read my post that you're replying to? You must not have. I was not in any way confused, and the text you quote mentions the very point that I was commenting on -- that's there no link to the download in it. It directs you to the dev blog. (If you think this contradicts what I said, you badly misread my post.)

Edited by Gaius

well, its explain rather clearly in OP where the download is and why the links are not updated...

if it bugs you that much then don't use this mod that someone has spent hours and hours making for the community, and doing so for free

well, its explain rather clearly in OP where the download is and why the links are not updated...

if it bugs you that much then don't use this mod that someone has spent hours and hours making for the community, and doing so for free

"That much"? How much do you think it "bugs" me? You seem to be very, very badly misreading every post I made today.

This is a great mod. I love it, not going to uninstall it. I don't see why I would, simply because I think, to avoid confusing people, it would be best to either keep the title to 3.3.1 until 4.0 was ready, or put a link to 4.0 if that's what the thread "says on the tin"...

Cheers.

I'm seeing similar things but not 100% reproducible. The game slows down and then just stops. Last night it happened once on launch, as I was reaching a 100km orbit, and another time I think when I started mapping the Mun. I had to kill the game, but luckily in both cases when I resumed the craft was still there (in one case on the pad, in the other case in orbit around the Mun) and the second time everything went fine. The other mods I have are MechJeb and Crew Manifest (but these were unmanned probes).

I'm seeing similar things but not 100% reproducible. The game slows down and then just stops. Last night it happened once on launch, as I was reaching a 100km orbit, and another time I think when I started mapping the Mun. I had to kill the game, but luckily in both cases when I resumed the craft was still there (in one case on the pad, in the other case in orbit around the Mun) and the second time everything went fine. The other mods I have are MechJeb and Crew Manifest (but these were unmanned probes).

what version of mechjeb? I run both those as well (im using MJ2) and haven't had issues....no bits of old mods left in legacy folders?

only other thing I can think of (outside a possible bug) would be addons that updated for 0.20, but have had hotfix updates since, some of em had issues (the 2 that come to mind are bobcats soviet pack and the initial 0.20 update of lazor system...there were others though)

Edited by KhaosCorp
its late...i cant type

I've tried searching, but trying to search for 'kethane' and 'mapsat' results in every second post ever coming back. Is there any way that ISA MapSat can check if a Kethane map exists, and if so, overlay it on a topographic map? If not, or there are no plans to ever do so, is it ok (license-wise, and friendly-wise) to access MapSat's data from a third (fourth?) party plugin?

I've tried searching, but trying to search for 'kethane' and 'mapsat' results in every second post ever coming back. Is there any way that ISA MapSat can check if a Kethane map exists, and if so, overlay it on a topographic map? If not, or there are no plans to ever do so, is it ok (license-wise, and friendly-wise) to access MapSat's data from a third (fourth?) party plugin?

The maps displayed by both plugins are just plain graphics files stored on disk, I can't imagine any scenario in which someone could complain about you combining image files on your hard drive into a new image. The hard part is making the overlays legible - just using transparency doesn't work well because Kethane's green blobs disappear into Mapsat's heightmaps anywhere it's green.

Edited by cameroon