[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

I'm also posting this over in the Kethane thread, but I seem to have found a bug where, when you run an ISA scanner while using a Kethane Detector, the game crashes... Just letting someone know... o.o

Gonna need more info than that as I run Kethan and MapSat together and mapping together all the time...

Question - will two (or more) dishes on a probe improve mapping coverage, speed, etc?

With ISA MapSat, no, it's based on altitude and orbital speed, although I think that more than one Map Sat part equipped causes other problems such as crashes.

Completely uninstalled MapSat. Made sure all files were gone, then did a fresh reinstall. Put a dish in orbit and scanned all of Kerbin, then boom, crash for everything I go to that has a dish or GPS on it. Can't even go back to the probe I just used without a crash. I guess MapSat just hates me... :(

Completely uninstalled MapSat. Made sure all files were gone, then did a fresh reinstall. Put a dish in orbit and scanned all of Kerbin, then boom, crash for everything I go to that has a dish or GPS on it. Can't even go back to the probe I just used without a crash. I guess MapSat just hates me... :(

I am thinking you have issue #5 from

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/9396-0-20-ISA-MapSat-4-0-Dev-Build?p=441264#post441264

Take a look and see, I am guessing you had an overlap heavy kerbin scan :)

I'm also posting this over in the Kethane thread, but I seem to have found a bug where, when you run an ISA scanner while using a Kethane Detector, the game crashes... Just letting someone know... o.o

I currently have 3 satellites over 3 different planetary bodies and they all have both ISA and kethane. Might want to try re-installing and making sure have all the newest mods.

Can anyone tell me how to make other dishes, like the stock parabola antenna, able to be used as mapsats? Do I simply change the

module = part

line in the part.cfg to

module = ISAMapSat (or whatever it is)?

Guess I'll just have to try :)

Can anyone tell me how to make other dishes, like the stock parabola antenna, able to be used as mapsats? Do I simply change the

module = part

line in the part.cfg to

I think you're wasting your time... as far as I know you can't accomplish this through simple config edits, but I could be wrong. My attempts have been unsuccessful.

I'm finding that X4r1 is crasing on the linux x86_64 executable. If I run the normal 32 bit one it runs fine.

Getting this in the player.log file :

Mapsat Version: X4r1

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/LinuxStandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Mapsat OS: LinuxPlayer

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/LinuxStandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Mapsat ksp dir:/drives/Store/Games/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/../

I think you're wasting your time... as far as I know you can't accomplish this through simple config edits, but I could be wrong. My attempts have been unsuccessful.

Right, you can't add MapSat functionality to other parts right now because the mod doesn't use the standard module identifier sections.

module = part

line in the part.cfg to

In the latest blog post (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entry.php/506-A-really-short-update-on-mapsat-s-progress) about the upcoming versions...

Changed the way the code distinguishes between Mapsat and GPS parts. I only need to find and remove all the old code and custom dishes and stuff should no longer be a problem.

The new way will just have a setting in the parts cfg file telling the dll what the part is, scanner or gps.

When I render my map and quit the game, when I launch the game and load my save, it erases all rendered maps. Is this an reported issue with 0.20 ?

Thanks for the help :P

Having the same problem here too.

Crafts with mapsat are unlaunchable. Game freezes.

When i finsh craft in VAB and then hit the launch button, game freezes and i have to restart it.

Mod is "installed" (Should i call it install if in fact i just copy paste a folder into another folder?) correctly.

I use mechjeb in all my craft. And i had a kethane sensor on this craft. So maybe some mod collision?

Crafts with mapsat are unlaunchable. Game freezes.

When i finsh craft in VAB and then hit the launch button, game freezes and i have to restart it.

Mod is "installed" (Should i call it install if in fact i just copy paste a folder into another folder?) correctly.

I use mechjeb in all my craft. And i had a kethane sensor on this craft. So maybe some mod collision?

Reduce your graphical settings. If it works, congratulations, you know you're running out of memory.

Hi

i'm trying to get the mapsat to work, but when i Reach ca 10 000 meters, the game starts to lag. i doubt that this is because of my computer since its a high end machine. i pressed alt f2 and found this Message: [Error]: You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.

Couldn't open file /Users/Thomas/Downloads/KSP_0.20.2/KSP_0.20.2/KSP_Data/../Parts/ISA_MapSat/textures/YouAreHereMarker.png

also

[Error]: You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.

Couldn't open file /Users/Thomas/Downloads/KSP_0.20.2/KSP_0.20.2/KSP_Data/../Parts/ISA_MapSat/textures/blankmap.png

and the same for every other file in that folder. how do i fix it?

Hi

i'm trying to get the mapsat to work, but when i Reach ca 10 000 meters, the game starts to lag. i doubt that this is because of my computer since its a high end machine. i pressed alt f2 and found this Message: [Error]: You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.

Couldn't open file /Users/Thomas/Downloads/KSP_0.20.2/KSP_0.20.2/KSP_Data/../Parts/ISA_MapSat/textures/YouAreHereMarker.png

also

[Error]: You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.

Couldn't open file /Users/Thomas/Downloads/KSP_0.20.2/KSP_0.20.2/KSP_Data/../Parts/ISA_MapSat/textures/blankmap.png

and the same for every other file in that folder. how do i fix it?

You fix it by reading the thread. Please read the thread.

Ok fine, you installed the wrong version. It's supposed to be looking in GameData, you see.

Reduce your graphical settings. If it works, congratulations, you know you're running out of memory.

Which has no effect on correcting the memory leak causing the problems in the first place.

What I know:

Any craft which utilizes the GPS module will load up and launch the first time, every time without issue.

I can launch multiple different craft and have them active with no issues from quick switching (hot keyed) between them.

The hit usually occurs when initializing the scene from the VAB or Space center on previously active craft or relaunching the same craft from the VAB a second time.

I'll get the runway or the first render, but then the game locks up prior to the rest of the assets loading or physics kicking in. Resource monitoring shows that KSP has maxed out the 2gb of memory it can handle (its a 64bit system with 6gb).

EDIT:

A minor request on the next release. Please start a new thread as this one has become so bloated it's hard to find definitive information which pertains to the current version.

Edited by BubbaWilkins

Which has no effect on correcting the memory leak causing the problems in the first place.

What I know:

Any craft which utilizes the GPS module will load up and launch the first time, every time without issue.

I can launch multiple different craft and have them active with no issues from quick switching (hot keyed) between them.

The hit usually occurs when initializing the scene from the VAB or Space center on previously active craft or relaunching the same craft from the VAB a second time.

I'll get the runway or the first render, but then the game locks up prior to the rest of the assets loading or physics kicking in. Resource monitoring shows that KSP has maxed out the 2gb of memory it can handle (its a 64bit system with 6gb).

The "memory leak" is not a memory leak. It is a memory "hog". The images are loaded in OnFlightStart() (if I recall the code correctly) - that is why it's happening when it is for you.

In this day and age, Squad should try to migrate to some kind of Unity x64. By the time the game is actually released the chances that it will be appearing on x86 machines is pretty slim.

In this day and age, Squad should try to migrate to some kind of Unity x64. By the time the game is actually released the chances that it will be appearing on x86 machines is pretty slim.

Squad has said that migrating to a 64-bit client would require recoding most of the engine. So, unfortunately, I wouldn't hold my breath for that....

Squad has said that migrating to a 64-bit client would require recoding most of the engine. So, unfortunately, I wouldn't hold my breath for that....

Not just them, but Unity in general. There is no working 64-bit version of Unity, which is disappointing.

We're spoiled in this day and age with having the game simply loading raw models and textures at the start as if CPU and RAM were nothing, but while 3.4GB is a lot compared to what we used to have, it's nothing compared to what we could have.

The "memory leak" is not a memory leak. It is a memory "hog". The images are loaded in OnFlightStart() (if I recall the code correctly) - that is why it's happening when it is for you.

In laymans terms, the end results are the same. Memory is being allocated and not released eventually leading to a lock-up. I thought it was due to the ISA based on previous posts and the fact that it hasn't been updated recently. I could be mistaken in this.

Well, ISA MapSat is a memory hog. But even the base game itself seems to suffer from a memory leak. For me, MapSat on top of KW Rocketry (and a few smaller mods) uses up a pretty large chunk of that 3.3GB ceiling when you load a craft, but it still runs fine for an hour or two. Typically at that point though, memory usage has slowly climbed up, and then switching craft or exiting back to the KSC results in a crash from being out of memory.

The issue could be largely mitigated if the Unity engine could stream models and textures, similar to how other game engines such as Unreal or ARMA, after all, AFAIK these engines don't require 64-bit PCs.

I may for the time being, just remove the MapSat plugin and not worry about mapping for now. If I want to map a new body I will just replace the DLL until it's mapped, and then remove it again.

Edited by Castun