KSP Main Menu Question

A bit of an odd question here, In most games when return or quit to main menu is clicked it sends the player back to the actual start menu, as I'm sure many of you have noticed this is not the case in KSP. I am wondering why is this? If I had to guess I would say it's s quirk of unity but it would be good to get a definite answer. As always, thank you for looking at this thread.

I'm not sure i'm following.

When you're in the space center, press ESC and select quit to main menu, it quits to the main menu.

You mean that every section of the game should have the "quit to main menu" button, or that when you do quit to the main menu it actually moves you to the Load/Create game screen (which I still consider main menu)?

Please explain.

I always thought it was to ease players to switch between saves for various reasons.

"I want to build a rocket but I'm not sure how it will end up in my save with no reverts, I don't want to kill my Jeb, so here, I'll test it in Sandbox first."

Those sort of things.

Or maybe it's just speculation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.