Can't select my part.

Ok, so I've searched this forum and read that if you can't select a part you've made it's because of the collision mesh.

I've been following this guy's blog tutorial using Wings and Unity and he pretty much handed you a mesh for his example, so I'm not certain what they should actually look like. Naturally, I've gone off to make my own part somewhat blind.

SO... what I did was take the same... object... if that's the right word, that I'm using using for the part and made it a mesh collider in Unity. I do have convex selected and it looks like a mesh. But, once I connect to another part in the VAB, I can't select it again.

Is this me screwing up the mesh or is this something in the .cfg I don't get?

Thanks in advance.

I think so (If I understand you correctly). The place of a collider is not significant as long as it's somewhere under the root game object (the one with parttools applied). I've had collider objects place all over the hierarchy and they always work.

^^^ This statement only applies to static objects. Obviously animated parts have to have their colliders attached to the animated object or one of its descendants.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

It might be the object names in your part, with the periods and underscores and spaces, Unity (and thus KSP) uses hierarchy paths for some things, and if the name errors out when parsed, the engine will just ignore those parts. So it could be that the model loader loads the actual mesh fine, but the physics engine doesn't handle the names.

Anyway, to be sure, you should use programming-style names for objects; Alphanumeric characters only, and no spaces (you can probably get away with underscores)

so like 90degree1_25 or something similar. Mine are like engineNozzle engineBell tankCollider and so on usually.

Also, I assume that "90deg125 Part" root object is an empty Unity Gameobject that has your parttools object on it? It's also a good practice to have that as your root rather than part of the imported hierarchy from your 3d program

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.