Jeb, Bill and Bob should have better stats, than other Kerbals

Since the 0.90 came out with new Kerbal leveling system, there was a thing, that really annoyed me - Jeb is as good as other kerbals, there's no difference between picking Jeb and some Dildard or Barvey. He should be more hardcore, more badass, than other Kerbals, maybe higher impact tollerance for all parts in the vessel and higher odds of survival when re-entering on EVA or higher turn rates for reaction wheels? Also, I noticed a bug, Jeb is no longer smiling, worse HE IS SCREAMING ALL THE TIME SINCE AN UPDATE!!! LOOK AT HIS FACE!!!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Jeb's only as good as you train him to be.

If you exclusively pick Jebediah Kerman for every mission that requires a pilot, he'll probably get a lot better at being a pilot.

Also, there wasn't a difference between Jeb and other kerbals before 0.90 either.

In agreement with the others, there is very little point to doing this. Also, why? Just because they were the standard set, the original three that were around before we had any random ones? That's completely arbitrary, and rather pointless. They don't deserve full-blown godhood just because Squad decided to keep them around when they added others.

I tend to agree with the other folks in this thread that it would be pointless to make Jeb, Bill and Bob in particular better than the others, but what about if "badass" kerbals (like Jeb) had higher stats? If the procedural guys don't already have a chance to be badass, that should be added :) (also an in-game display of who's badass and who's not would be good). What exactly "higher stats" means for pilots/engineers is a bit arbitrary though. Maybe give them an extra ability that's useful but not too OP to have early game?

Procedural kerbals will be flagged BadS at times, yes, but I think that is still a very arbitrary distinction to make from a gameplay standpoint. After all, the point of kerbals having courage/stupidity and BadS is not to make a difference in gameplay; it's only intended to give them more unique personalities.

After all, the point of kerbals having courage/stupidity and BadS is not to make a difference in gameplay; it's only intended to give them more unique personalities.

It doesn't necessarily have to be something that actually impacts gameplay much. Pilots could just be better able to survive a crash or less likely to be kicked out of the command seat or lose consciousness or whatever (assuming life support/gforce damage etc are added at some point). I just figure it might be fun to have the characters that are supposed to be badass actually be badass. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.