Debate - Kerbin or Laythe?

CalMacDa

Would you rather live on Laythe or Kerbin?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather live on Laythe or Kerbin?

• Laythe
    • Kerbin
    • I can't decide
    • I haven't expierienced Laythe, so I dont know

This debate covers many grey areas of these two life keeping planets. Is Laythe habitable? Is it safe? Why is there almost nothing on Kerbin? Which would you rather live on? Well, let's debate these topics. Let's quote each other and crush the others arguments. Let's have a nerd debate about KSP...

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Laythe is breathtaking - and it's so close to Jool's moons, and Eeloo, would be a wonderful place to live. But Kerbin has KSC, and trees.

Me though, I'd pick Duna - it's a weird planet but a secure one - Ike is a good bouncer.

Definitely Kerbin. Sure there's oxygen in Laythe's air, but there might be lots of poisonous gases too. Well, there might be poisonous gases in Kerbin's air too, the Kerbals never take off their helmets...

Well there are ups and downs of both.. Living on Laythe would make it trivial to visit any of the other moons of Jool, but it would mean going anywhere else would be more difficult. And then there's the long debated radioactivity of Laythe's surface... What happened to that thread anyways?

Anyhow, It'd be kinda cool if someone made a mod that swapped Kerbin and Laythe.

I'd rather live on Kerbin. If light is sufficient on Kerbin for life, it's only about 3.91% sufficient on Laythe, once you take out the #lolsolar from stock... Plus I've heard rumors that Laythe has toxic gasses as major components of it's atmosphere plus it was supposed to be a high-rad environment..

I'd live on laythe, even with the poisonous gases. A pressure compartment, and a beautiful view...

No, neither. Laythe Orbit. Or does that count as Laythe? Well, I could see Laythe's beauty, and the Joolean moons. But who could forget Jool itself!

Have taken a rover across Kerbin. I drove for hours and hours and made it half way to the pyramids anomolie. I crossed the straight that doesn't make you go all the way around. Kerbin is beautiful and diverse, but Laythe offers something else. 4 moons and Jool. They are different. If I actually had to live on one, it would be Laythe. It's almost a split decision though!

What's with all the Laythe hype? It's a radioactive wet sandball. While Kerbin is an earth analog which i'm sure has plenty of life and cities (Modeling, animating, and implementing all of them is certainly not in the best interest of KSP's framerate) Go to the beach of Kerbin if you want to experience Laythe..... you'll eventually get bored and want to go somewhere else and you'll remember how lucky you are that you're not trapped on Laythe.

Personally, Kerbin. Sure, I've sent rockets to Laythe and Eve, but Kerbin's the most likely livable of the three.

However, if I had to pick a world to live on, and they were all equal for survival (In other words, you could go outside, take off your helmet, and not die. Also that radioactivity/warmth/water are all in normal ranges), I'd actually rather live on Eve. Laythe's got a great view, sure, and Kerbin's like Earth, but whenever I take a rocket flight anywhere, I always find myself wanting to make a stop in Eve orbit, just for another glance at the vivid purple planet.

Kerbin. as kerbin is the Earth analog, there has got to be cities and lots of other things like animals and intelligent life, while for laythe, it might be nice for a monthlong vacation to visit the colonies/resorts (On future terraformed laythe). Even though Laythe has the views, such as jool hanging in the sky, i would choose kerbin for my regular life. Life on a permanent Laythe colony would get boring and depressing quick. I just got back from the INTEGRITY laythe colony, and at first, it is really cool and interesting, but i tell you when you get further on, The funnest thing to do will be to browse the Internet, partially because KSC sent tons of Comsats around Laythe.

Edited by Rolanvorxariat

I cant wait for the day when we'll be able to truly colonize the Kerbal system. Imagine landing a large supply ship on Laythe, unloading a small base to let you do small repairs (re-tile fuselage after re-entry, re-attach fallen parts?). Make a small runway, upgrade it with lights for night landings, then make a larger runway. Make an assembly building to launch rovers. Bring a terraforming (Kerbin-forming) machine, gradually gets green, some water evaporates as it gets warmer and there is more land with trees etc. Maybe then Laythe will be more interesting. Right now for me the only interesting thing about it is how to get there and back with the least amount of delta-v.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.