Hello all, I never knew space could so big!

Antman68

I can't believe how this game has captivated my interest! I purchased it on Steam when 0.25 was released, and I can't stop playing it! I don't know what is more challenging/fun, building craft or flying them? During the download and install, I was looking at the Steam KSP forum. One of the newbie articles mentioned "... get ready for a steep learning curve". So before I even tried to play, I found Scott Manley's "Career Mode Tutorial" on You Tube. I watched the first episode, then played the game some. Then watched the second episode, and played some more... Well, after 12 episodes (4 hours worth), I am hooked! Thank you Squad for this most fascinating and remarkable piece of entertaining, educational, and compulsive computer code that I have found. Now I'm starting to add modifications to the base game for enhanced immersion and further enjoyment that is beyond expectations! So much to do, learn, and experience... It's almost sinful.

GreetingsfromMinmus_zps68b0a893.png

...and now I have to call the Betty Ford Clinic from an overdose of Project Gateway and Project Odyssey, courtesy of Bob Fitch!

Welcome to the forums! :)

Take it from someone who's been down the same road you're currently walking now: You can lose literal days in this game if you're not careful. It's been almost two years since I first got the game myself, but I can still remember the rush I felt when I made my first successful Mun landing, and after that my first successful interplanetary mission. Also, while I'm woefully behind on them now, I used to watch Scott Manley, kurtjmac, and a few other KSPers on Youtube almost religiously back in the game.

Here's to hoping you have many fun hours of playing and community participation in your future as well!

Thanks for the warm greetings guys! Looking back at my post, I just realized that I screwed up the title heading. What a lunkhead I am. What I meant to say was - I never knew space could be so big! As in big fun, big adventure, big challenge, big time consumption, big knowledge, etc, etc. I now have five installs of the game(stock vanilla, multiplayer(DMP), heavy modded(110+)parts & plugins, test mods, and the virgin install folder in the Steam file path). I do not use ATM in the heavy mod folder anymore since I converted the graphics to DDS. I can squeeze more more mods in, and it loads much faster. Needless to say, I guess I'm hooked! This is better than Lego, Lincoln Logs, and Erector Set combined. I look forward to the further development of the game, and being a part of the forum community!

Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
Welcome to the forums.

Take it from someone who's been down the same road you're currently walking now: You can lose literal days in this game if you're not careful.

What are you talking about? I haven't lost any days. My little flip-calender says it's still October 23, 2013.

Wait...

How long has it said that? :huh: