The feature hidden in the dark..

I was wondering what the latest activity/comments from squad have been regarding their own integrated multiplayer. I know Recent updates were supposed to set the system up for it (atleast whats what I heard) Anyone have any info on this, and if the system is to be worked on soon?

I was wondering what the latest activity/comments from squad have been regarding their own integrated multiplayer. I know Recent updates were supposed to set the system up for it (atleast whats what I heard) Anyone have any info on this, and if the system is to be worked on soon?

As far as I know, there's no active work going into multiplayer right now. I'm guessing that Squad is just doing their updates and work on the code in with multiplayer in mind, i.e. making sure they wouldn't have to re-write the entire thing if they want to integrate multiplayer. I don't think they're actively working on it.

Of course, this is pure speculation on my part. I haven't heard any new info regarding multiplayer other then what you already listed.

Also, I LOVE your signature pic :P

Honestly, i do not care!

In my opnion MP for this game will end in a disaster because of the nature of most players out there. It would take literally 5 minutes until someone has destroyed some other players work with ramming or something. Oh, and wait for gun mods, that will be fun... :rolleyes:

They should concentrate on contend and bugfixing.

Only play with people you know and have the same approach to the game? :wink:

There will not be massive multiplayer servers.

baseless rant? You just don't play much MP games, right?

Pressing resources in a MP-Project is just wrong because this resources are needed for finishing the game itself. I don't say never - put it after v1.0.

As pretty much all reliable sources (i.e., every word directly from Squad) have said -- multiplayer is slated for post-1.0 inclusion. I don't know if they are currently actively working on it, but it's very much still on the table. :)

baseless rant? You just don't play much MP games, right?

Oh I do, but in the context of KSP it is baseless, as - like I said - you will get to decide with whome you play, you will not (have to) run into malicious strangers by chance on a public server. :)

Honestly, i do not care!

In my opnion MP for this game will end in a disaster because of the nature of most players out there. It would take literally 5 minutes until someone has destroyed some other players work with ramming or something. Oh, and wait for gun mods, that will be fun... :rolleyes:.

Well that's the beauty of private servers... just you and your friends. If they blow up your stuff, you can punch em in real life ;)

Srsly tho, I don't think MP should be in Squad's focus just yet. I'm sure it's somewhere in their master plan, and I'm sure it's at whatever stage it is for a reason.

I'm much more interested in seeing multi-thread capability before MP, but hey, we can dream can't we?

To the best of my knowledge from dev notes, they've got 1 guy working on it, sometimes being recalled to work on other more immediate things, last I heard he was working on a protoype client (to go with his completed protoype server)..

Although originally slated for the end of the summer of 2014, it has been reslated for post ~1.xy.z because reasons with multiiplayer being a hard time wasting undertaking.

Doesn't seem plausible. Just last night, I ran a 7 year mission at full time warp. I can't see this working with mp.

--- edit----

However, there might be room for "interactive" gaming such as ship and kerbal trading.

Edited by Asharad

Other games use instancing... Which is invariably awful.

But they will do what they will do. I prefer the idea of semi-multiplayer. Have other player missions appear in my game as "NPC" window dressing. It can also then become a source of interesting missions

(rescues, space race, etc).

Yes, multiplayer is in the dark for now.

And I hope it will stay there forever.

Why, you ask? Because multiplayer killed many good ideas and many good games, that's why. We do not need it in KSP. If Squad ever commit to MP, that would mean the end for SP KSP. Because if you're going into MP, you'll need all available resources to make server\client code, balancing and other crap. I'd rather prefer that Squad committed themselves to new career\sandbox features, and not to that cancer they call "multiplayer".

Yes, multiplayer is in the dark for now.

And I hope it will stay there forever.

Why, you ask? Because multiplayer killed many good ideas and many good games, that's why. We do not need it in KSP. If Squad ever commit to MP, that would mean the end for SP KSP. Because if you're going into MP, you'll need all available resources to make server\client code, balancing and other crap. I'd rather prefer that Squad committed themselves to new career\sandbox features, and not to that cancer they call "multiplayer".

SQUAD said that Multiplayer is coming after 1.0, so the core features will be finished before multiplaer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.