[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

I don't think I changed what you are describing. Thx will look into it and give it a try. Seems as though that is exactly what KSP is doing, only recognizing the original parts.

Again thx for the reply.

Dren

I wanna know if the interface for the windows will be update to a Mechjeb 2.0 like skin? Black and transparent.

And if is there an option to hide the window or and resize it on the VAB?

A hide Mechjeb like is amazing, and if i can put a menu option inside the mechjeb menu to hide and show it, that would be perfect...

That was it, I changed the "name=" to my Title name and it works great. Thx a lot as I just wanted to be able to add several sizes to many of my Mod:) parts...

Thx again

Dren

No problem, glad I can help :)

I wanna know if the interface for the windows will be update to a Mechjeb 2.0 like skin? Black and transparent.

And if is there an option to hide the window or and resize it on the VAB?

A hide Mechjeb like is amazing, and if i can put a menu option inside the mechjeb menu to hide and show it, that would be perfect...

I think that if you want extensive customization like that, you need to start modding yourself :) All the sources are available, so it is very doable.

Could someone give me some instruction in the proper use of the "Door hinge" part? I can't seem to figure out how to get it to rotate anything but itself.

*sigh* I did one before the crash. To be honest I don't have the time or energy to do it all again.

When I finally move, I might make a short Youtube video.

Could someone give me some instruction in the proper use of the "Door hinge" part? I can't seem to figure out how to get it to rotate anything but itself.
The light grey side is the fixed side, attach it so the dark grey side point out and move it close to the edge ([shift]+W,S,A,D to adjust angle), the hinge folds up towards the side with the cylinder (not the flat side), then attach to the dark grey side.

screenshot1jw.png

Trying out this mod, I have to say, maybe should have markers on the parts that identify the hinge sides separately. Couldn't tell until I did a test launch, but a pair of hinges I put on using the symmetry resulted in not what I was expecting (one went up, the other went down). Also, maybe I could help with the textures, make them more than just flat colors on some of the parts.

I've been trying to build & use this from source (using Xamarin Studio) and despite it compiling fine, I've had no luck. The DLL is slightly different size (smaller, but within a reasonable range), which is no shock since I'm not using MSVC, but when I go into KSP none of the mechjeb or damn robotics stuff is available in the editor. Even with the parts in the parts folder - nothing shows up. Replace my compiled dll with the downloaded one, and it all works again.

Is there any way to troubleshoot this or could I be doing something trivial wrong?

Using a decompiler I notice the references are different - not really sure why, though. It doesn't compile with .NET 3.5 set in the compiler (Default parameter specifiers are not permitted). Not sure what the problem here is.

Image1.jpg

(Bottom one is the dll that comes with the download.)

Edit:

Noticed this in the log file, but still not sure what the issue is:

Exception when loading MuMechLib, Version=1.9.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleLoader.LoadAssembly (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SharpLua.Library.BaseLib' from assembly 'MuMechLib, Version=1.9.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SharpLua.Library.ConsoleLib' from assembly 'MuMechLib, Version=1.9.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SharpLua.Library.MathLib' from assembly 'MuMechLib, Version=1.9.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Edited by Garoad

Woohoo! Seems like I figured it out. I needed to set the Target Framework (in Project Options->Build->General) to "Mono / .NET 3.5". That corrects the dll references, but causes compile error due to the use of default parameters.

(If .NET 3.5 doesn't support default parameters, are the default parameters in the Mechjeb code being ignored without error/warning?)

The way to resolve the default parameters thing in Xamarin Studio is to check an option "Compile projects using MSBuild". This can be found in the Tools->Options menu under Projects->Build. I haven't tested whether the mod fully works yet and won't steer rockets right into the sun, but this resolves the complete lack of any Mechjeb parts showing up in the editor.

So this means that DR and mechjeb 2.0.7 cannot be used in conjunction?

No - they can be used in conjunction -since they have different DLL's they can both be installed separately with no trouble. One is MechJeb2.dll and the other is MuMechJeb.dll

As an aside - I downloaded the source for DR 1.3 and modded it to allow for individual servo speed configurations using a slider. I've attached a screen shot. Just wondering if this is something the author of the plugin would like me to provide / check in to SVN? It works flawlessly - just trying to figure out how to enlarge the editor window so it doesn't have a horizontal scrollbar and formats the GUI correctly. Unity GUI is something I haven't worked with much.

Theoretically I could also make this UI slider part of the servo controls so you could adjust the speed on the fly during a flight - simple as pie.

CVsfKYH.jpg

DR and Mech Jeb 2.0.7 do not work together. When MJ is installed after DR, parts do not show up, when DR is installed after MJ, game freezes at loading DR parts
DR doesn't use 2.0.7, you need to install the 1.9.8 .dll to the plugin folder for it to work (and keep 2.0.7 if you want to). They seem to all be working together for me.

for me its not working, a get this error from debug

[Log]: Part: 'E:/kerbal  kopia/KSP_win/KSP_Data\../Parts\DRarmtruss1\part.cfg'

[Log]: File Not Found

[Exception]: IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

[Log]: Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

but i did it on clean install and its working, thanks

ahappydude,

Possibly - I'd have to play around a bit - because scale is part of the underlying system instead of the MechJeb - but theoretically it is possible. I've also stripped out all the MechJeb specific stuff from the DR package so it no longer conflicts with MechJeb 1.9.8 and is basically just a Servo package now. I've contacted r4m0n to see if he minds if I release it with the updates, or at the very least let me commit them to the main source code. Until I get word from him I don't want to release anything.

Cheers,

Yard

Can some one help me. I've downloaded Damned Robotics, installed the parts in the part folder, plugins in the plugin folder, ect, but I don't see the parts in the VAB or SPH. I've looked everywhere at least five times.

Can some one help me. I've downloaded Damned Robotics, installed the parts in the part folder, plugins in the plugin folder, ect, but I don't see the parts in the VAB or SPH. I've looked everywhere at least five times.

I think they uses the old category system so just change it to the tab you want it, ex science aero