[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

Can i add smthing to module attribute, for proprely count of fuel with "stock fuel switch" mod? Becouse after welding there is no fuel with this enabled mod. Smthing

Hi, that won't help as there is no fuel in the config, it is in the live part, so the welding can't see the fuel.

I'm currently working on something to get this fixed, but welding was designed in a quite different way so it is a bit tricky.

Hi, that won't help as there is no fuel in the config, it is in the live part, so the welding can't see the fuel.

I'm currently working on something to get this fixed, but welding was designed in a quite different way so it is a bit tricky.

TL;DR You want to add MM support?

TL;DR You want to add MM support?

What kind of MM support?

Reload of the Database is not stable but already implemented.

And parts that get altered with MM patched should also already work.

Tweakscale might have changed and so not work, and Fuel/Mesh Switch are under development.

Hey, thanks so much for your work on this mod! I discovered it when I moved over from 0.25 to 0.90 and it hadn't been updated, then forgot about it until just a couple of days ago and have been using it ever since, I have a pretty bad processor so this has made me finally able to make the kind of space station I've ways wanted to without suffering the lags.

It's a shame about the multiple solar panel limitation but that does seem to make sense, I was wondering what actually happened if you did it? would it not work at all or would it just register one of the solar panels as working?

Hey, thanks so much for your work on this mod! I discovered it when I moved over from 0.25 to 0.90 and it hadn't been updated, then forgot about it until just a couple of days ago and have been using it ever since, I have a pretty bad processor so this has made me finally able to make the kind of space station I've ways wanted to without suffering the lags.

It's a shame about the multiple solar panel limitation but that does seem to make sense, I was wondering what actually happened if you did it? would it not work at all or would it just register one of the solar panels as working?

Only one part of them would work.

With animation it is the problem that it does only search for a single transform where the animation will happen, but not for all in the object.

And Solar panels are even more problematic as they have an collider that indicates the direction where it gets sunlight, but also it works again just with the first found transform and not with all. That is because the system behind this was never designed to be used in a way that welding makes it possible.

Only one part of them would work.

With animation it is the problem that it does only search for a single transform where the animation will happen, but not for all in the object.

And Solar panels are even more problematic as they have an collider that indicates the direction where it gets sunlight, but also it works again just with the first found transform and not with all. That is because the system behind this was never designed to be used in a way that welding makes it possible.

yeah I assumed it would be just one that works, it was actually flat panel non animated ones I was thinking of doing it with, and I still might since there are already plenty of solar panels on the station, this was just for appearances so I might just remove the module all together and go for it

thanks for your reply!

Is lighting considered an animation?

Let me explain what I'm trying to do.

I am trying to put on static lighting onto some command pods. I don't really care whether they flash, change brightness, etc. I'm using them as visual clues for me while flying them.

I've tried using the Aviation Lights to add a few and then weld them, but the lighting doesn't work at all.

Is this possible at all?

I am trying to put on static lighting onto some command pods. I don't really care whether they flash, change brightness, etc. I'm using them as visual clues for me while flying them.

I've tried using the Aviation Lights to add a few and then weld them, but the lighting doesn't work at all.

Is this possible at all?

My best guess no, will not work properly, but you can try.

And Looking at the ModuleLight, I'm very sure it will not work as it says "AnimationName = LightAnimation".

So far we, have no plans for CKAN.

Is this possible at all?

If you turn the lights on, place them, and then weld it, the lights will stay permanently on, I've been doing this quite a lot because it makes my spacestation look nice, but the GUI button to turn the lights on/off will only affect the last light that was placed.

so if you are using them just for visual cues then that should work fine :)

If you turn the lights on, place them, and then weld it, the lights will stay permanently on, I've been doing this quite a lot because it makes my spacestation look nice, but the GUI button to turn the lights on/off will only affect the last light that was placed.

That is pretty intressting that the lights keep their status after welding.

That is pretty intressting that the lights keep their status after welding.

yeah I learnt it from Bob Fitch's Project Odyssey (if you haven't seen it then you should, its just one big advert for this mod :P seriously it's the reason I came to download it)

it's really useful, I've founda few other odd things, like if you weld something with an animation that isn't from a stock animation module then it often results in a black screen and then view of space on launch and errors spamming (I didn't realize the chaka monkey/fustek cupola's had a fustekanimategeneric module), it's also not mentioned in the OP but struts and fuel lines seem to just not show up on my welds at all.

I haven't yet checked but I'd assume that any stock animation module will stay in whatever position it was welded in, i'd have to experiment a bit but it could prove useful for certain things.

if you hadn't guessed I REALLY enjoy this mod, just the fact that I've managed to build this whole space station out of a total of 36 parts!!! THIRTY SIX!:

tumblr_npkvci73u01r0o48lo1_1280.png

tumblr_npkvci73u01r0o48lo3_1280.pngtumblr_npkvci73u01r0o48lo4_1280.png

tumblr_npkvci73u01r0o48lo5_1280.png

I mean I still get a lot of lag because of all the lights and my pixel light count is set way up and the complexity of the models, but it runs at a healthy 28fps and isn't so time dilated that I can't do things by any means, which considering if it wasn't welded this would probably be in the region of about 500-600 parts by now is incredible! so really thank you for your work on this mod I'm able to enjoy building space stations again!

Edited by Squiggsy

I've been trying to build what essentially amounts to a long stack separator, so that I can stack multiple satellites in a row, each having that massive resource scanner on the front. I had hoped that welding a bunch of stack separators in a row would work. Unfortunately, the moment you stage it, the scanner clips into the separator. Is there a better way of doing what I'm trying to?

yeah I learnt it from Bob Fitch's Project Odyssey (if you haven't seen it then you should, its just one big advert for this mod :P seriously it's the reason I came to download it)

it's really useful, I've founda few other odd things, like if you weld something with an animation that isn't from a stock animation module then it often results in a black screen and then view of space on launch and errors spamming (I didn't realize the chaka monkey/fustek cupola's had a fustekanimategeneric module), it's also not mentioned in the OP but struts and fuel lines seem to just not show up on my welds at all.

I haven't yet checked but I'd assume that any stock animation module will stay in whatever position it was welded in, i'd have to experiment a bit but it could prove useful for certain things.

if you hadn't guessed I REALLY enjoy this mod, just the fact that I've managed to build this whole space station out of a total of 36 parts!!! THIRTY SIX!:

https://41.media.tumblr.com/39838887f43683b284cad690daeb3874/tumblr_npkvci73u01r0o48lo1_1280.png

https://36.media.tumblr.com/c6338629a53332aca9465f91239ff1aa/tumblr_npkvci73u01r0o48lo3_1280.pnghttps://40.media.tumblr.com/2529f764938e9ed96ecf715841ffb954/tumblr_npkvci73u01r0o48lo4_1280.png

https://41.media.tumblr.com/d63a304ca652125fbe7fd27591c0cdae/tumblr_npkvci73u01r0o48lo5_1280.png

I mean I still get a lot of lag because of all the lights and my pixel light count is set way up and the complexity of the models, but it runs at a healthy 28fps and isn't so time dilated that I can't do things by any means, which considering if it wasn't welded this would probably be in the region of about 500-600 parts by now is incredible! so really thank you for your work on this mod I'm able to enjoy building space stations again!

Nice thing, and 36 parts is really impressive and massive reduction.

Looks really nice and colorful, what partpacks did you include? So far I can see NFT and Fustek.

I've been trying to build what essentially amounts to a long stack separator, so that I can stack multiple satellites in a row, each having that massive resource scanner on the front. I had hoped that welding a bunch of stack separators in a row would work. Unfortunately, the moment you stage it, the scanner clips into the separator. Is there a better way of doing what I'm trying to?

As I understand it, welding would not help to solve your problem. What you need seems to be a decoupler with several attachnodes. You will need to take a deeper look into the Stack decoupler if you can change them so they work the way you need them. but Bob Fitch (Felbourn) had such a decoupler in one of his Project Oddysey videos. Maybe ask him.

Nice thing, and 36 parts is really impressive and massive reduction.

Looks really nice and colorful, what partpacks did you include? So far I can see NFT and Fustek.

the fustek parts are out of Chaka Monkey (they have some slightly different textures I think, not entirely sure though) aside from that there's more Chaka Monkey stuff, a couple of bits from HGR, some things from AIES and LLL, the stock parts are using Vens Stock Revamp and the research module is from FASA :)

I don't wanna rush you guys or anything but at this pace by the time you release the 1.02 version of the mod, 1.03 or even unity 5 version of KSP is going to be out :/

Don't know what you are talking about, the version 2.1.3 is already available, but Girka is currently not around to update the OP.

But don't talk too much about the coming updates, I'm already scared of what there will be in technical way for us.

Don't know what you are talking about, the version 2.1.3 is already available, but Girka is currently not around to update the OP.

But don't talk too much about the coming updates, I'm already scared of what there will be in technical way for us.

Oh didn't know that ty. This mod is one of the most essential ones to hardcore ksp fans. We wouldn't be able to build 5000 part stations without you. Hopefully unity 5 won't be too much of a hustle. On the other hand you might be able to do what you can't do right now with unity 5 and make it possible to add multiple animated parts to a single part. Hopefully everything goes well.

Oh didn't know that ty. This mod is one of the most essential ones to hardcore ksp fans. We wouldn't be able to build 5000 part stations without you. Hopefully unity 5 won't be too much of a hustle. On the other hand you might be able to do what you can't do right now with unity 5 and make it possible to add multiple animated parts to a single part. Hopefully everything goes well.

That is depending on the module, not on unity, the animation module now is like a 1:1 definition of what to do and where; but with welded parts you have a 1:x problem, and that is in case of animation mostly module based(Game or mod)

As I understand it, welding would not help to solve your problem. What you need seems to be a decoupler with several attachnodes. You will need to take a deeper look into the Stack decoupler if you can change them so they work the way you need them. but Bob Fitch (Felbourn) had such a decoupler in one of his Project Oddysey videos. Maybe ask him.

I don't think I need more than the standard two attach nodes, so perhaps you don't understand the problem, though I'm not sure how better to explain it. Do you happen to know which episode, craft, or about when plot-wise? There are a lot of episodes, and as much as I like the series, I'm not into watching them all again.

I don't think I need more than the standard two attach nodes, so perhaps you don't understand the problem, though I'm not sure how better to explain it. Do you happen to know which episode, craft, or about when plot-wise? There are a lot of episodes, and as much as I like the series, I'm not into watching them all again.

It was in [E31: "Duna Network Arrival" / Project Odyssey / KSP 0.25]

Okay, I need help. I'm trying make my own version of a Mobile Launcher Platform, but I want to weld the frame together (at 184 pieces it will kill my laptop). The problem is when it try to weld it, it turns pink, flips vertical and then nothing happens. No welding dialogue box comes up. I've included screenshots off the MLP, my GameData folder and uploaded the ksp log. I have advanced debug on the welding mod, but i don't think it's saving one when I try to weld the part (unless I'm doing something wrong). All of the parts I'm using on the MLP are stock (albeit with Ven's Stock Revamp).

Screenshots:

aWKis7V.jpg

HVRIfej.jpg

qASPMO1.png

KSP log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qeg6rteq34p996o/KSP.log?dl=0

Thanks in advance for any help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.