[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

16 minutes ago, Kurld said:

Does this fix the issue where welding something to the cubic struts resulted in the part being invisible?

My testcase was an octo strut, not the cubic, but it should work also with that, but it should fix that problem in general.

one of the best mods , however after intensive testing , welded reaction wheels are now taking power (thank you) however the only two bugs left i can see at least - i cannot weld any monoprop or xenon tanks (including stock) it lists them as part of the build and when i weld and reload back to the game and load my weldment ........ xenon and monoprop dissapear , so for me personaly its just the lost ability to weld mono and xenon tanks, other than that ? totaly fantastic mod i couldnt build my massive super cruisers without it :D

1 minute ago, ThePixeledFox said:

one of the best mods , however after intensive testing , welded reaction wheels are now taking power (thank you) however the only two bugs left i can see at least - i cannot weld any monoprop or xenon tanks (including stock) it lists them as part of the build and when i weld and reload back to the game and load my weldment ........ xenon and monoprop dissapear , so for me personaly its just the lost ability to weld mono and xenon tanks, other than that ? totaly fantastic mod i couldnt build my massive super cruisers without it :D

How many resources are in the part after the weldment? I think I know already what this is about.

9 hours ago, Alewx said:

How many resources are in the part after the weldment? I think I know already what this is about.

Just FYI......I've had no problems with mono or Xenon. I welded a good size fuel station together over the weekend and it had 48 LFO tanks, 36 mono tanks and 36 Xenon tanks and all worked just fine and held resources as expected. These were all stock tanks.

1 hour ago, jmbailey2000 said:

Just FYI......I've had no problems with mono or Xenon. I welded a good size fuel station together over the weekend and it had 48 LFO tanks, 36 mono tanks and 36 Xenon tanks and all worked just fine and held resources as expected. These were all stock tanks.

I expect the Problem to be an insufficient fuelswitch config, that happend to me already. Normally the tanks have a maximum of two resources at once, but welded parts are unlimited, so that they are not covered.

1 hour ago, Alewx said:

I expect the Problem to be an insufficient fuelswitch config, that happend to me already. Normally the tanks have a maximum of two resources at once, but welded parts are unlimited, so that they are not covered.

I'm using the core Interstellar Fuelswitch, not the Firespitter version if that helps any.

I am having an issue that i can load the welded part normaly but if i put anything in it, the game will not load (vechile assembly to launch).In the Task manager i see a drop of 1gb of memory when i load the weld with any thig in it.

i read the know issues/limitations my vessel (modified SWDENNIS imperial star destroyer,without any resource or comand module/pod) dont aply in any of it. If is the part count i will be glad to know.

PS.:sorry for my bad english :P

10 hours ago, KazModah said:

I am having an issue that i can load the welded part normaly but if i put anything in it, the game will not load (vechile assembly to launch).In the Task manager i see a drop of 1gb of memory when i load the weld with any thig in it.

i read the know issues/limitations my vessel (modified SWDENNIS imperial star destroyer,without any resource or comand module/pod) dont aply in any of it. If is the part count i will be glad to know.

PS.:sorry for my bad english :P

How many parts does the weldment contain? >1000 then it is quite normal to take a while to load it into the flight scene.

On 13/1/2015 at 9:38 PM, Alewx said:

Reload game and then you will have your weldment available on the part list.

*sigh* KSP startup takes 10-15 minutes in my computer, and closing KSP takes seconds or 30 seconds.

I would try to use the auto-reload but mind the incompatibility....

Give up? (Y/N)

Edited by Anbang11
But these weldin' are so worth it!

1 hour ago, Anbang11 said:

*sigh* KSP startup takes 10-15 minutes in my computer, and closing KSP takes seconds or 30 seconds.

Give up? (Y/N)

That is pretty normal for me, my MM counts up to 8k patches.
So why giving up?

Hi alewx i figured out the problem of the mono and xenon not showing after welding , i made a clean install of stock 1.1.2 then tweakscale , then partwelder, everything works ok weldments are fine and scaled+welded sas also take power , then i install mk2 expansion (which comes with interstellar fuel switch) and the mono and xenon dissapear again after welding - but the scaled+welded sas still takes power which is good. All welded parts in my test were stock and the only scaled part was the sas , everything is fine and mk2 expansion parts even weld fine too , the scaled+welded sas takes power normaly in either case which is good, so the result is it must be an issue with intertellar fuel switch plugin that is causing the error with the mono&xenon after welding .

On 13/05/2016 at 7:47 PM, Anbang11 said:

Give up? (Y/N)

Watch your logs as KSP loads. I've got 30k MM patches and it takes about 3 minutes to load after the first time (i.e. using RAM as disk cache).

8 hours ago, ThePixeledFox said:

Hi alewx i figured out the problem of the mono and xenon not showing after welding , i made a clean install of stock 1.1.2 then tweakscale , then partwelder, everything works ok weldments are fine and scaled+welded sas also take power , then i install mk2 expansion (which comes with interstellar fuel switch) and the mono and xenon dissapear again after welding - but the scaled+welded sas still takes power which is good. All welded parts in my test were stock and the only scaled part was the sas , everything is fine and mk2 expansion parts even weld fine too , the scaled+welded sas takes power normaly in either case which is good, so the result is it must be an issue with intertellar fuel switch plugin that is causing the error with the mono&xenon after welding .

Just as I expected, InterstellarFuelswitch is having a Problem with the amount of different resources, but I didn't test it with the newest Version.

7 hours ago, Bluebottle said:

Watch your logs as KSP loads. I've got 30k MM patches and it takes about 3 minutes to load after the first time (i.e. using RAM as disk cache).

30k patches, that is wow.

49 minutes ago, Alewx said:

30k patches, that is wow.

Yep. It isn't flawless: about 20% of the time, PartLoader hangs and I have to kill KSP. Never freezes on the same part either, so there's some threading issue there.

18 minutes ago, ThePixeledFox said:

how can i edit the weldment to have zero drag ? i edited the weldment config files drag values to 0 but it didnt work what where do i edit to totaly remove drag values from a weldment ?

Hack gravity?

afaik KSP is still calculating the drag based on the mass of the part, so you would have to remove the mass of the part.

since the latest tweakscale update i now cannot seem to weld scaled stock sas but if i weld without scaling ? they are fine i dont know what has changed and i still cannot weld monoprop and xenon. Additional i have been having major problems welding mk2 expansion parts where i never did before.

PS: the welded sas , mono and xenon are all stock parts .

Edited by ThePixeledFox

2 hours ago, ThePixeledFox said:

since the latest tweakscale update i now cannot seem to weld scaled stock sas but if i weld without scaling ? they are fine i dont know what has changed and i still cannot weld monoprop and xenon. Additional i have been having major problems welding mk2 expansion parts where i never did before.

PS: the welded sas , mono and xenon are all stock parts .

I don,t know. There is no log, no parts, nothing, shall I guess it?

I tested it with a lot of mods also the latest version of Tweakscale, and the worst thing I get is a negative tweak for the torque values at scaling but not in the weldment
So aside of that everything is fine.

Bug Report:  If preweld contains both a manned command module, and a probe core, the weldment should have minimumCrew = 0 instead of the minimumCrew = 1 that it currently gets.  Currently you can't control the welded craft when it's unmanned.  Very easy to reproduce so I didn't attach a file.

Also, Enhancement Request:  I suggested in the past that if a preweld has exactly one part with an INTERNAL module, then INTERNAL be generated in the weldment.  You pointed out this was disabled because the position defaults to 0,0,0.

On 4/3/2016 at 7:38 PM, Alewx said:

Internals are by Default set to 0,0,0 as Position, which will not fit to the weldment. that is the reason it was completly disabled.

Turns out it is possible to offset the internals.  So you should be able to use the position of the manned part relative to the weldment origin to calculate the correct offset and properly position the internal space.  I played with this myself via manual edits and it worked like a charm.  Would love to see the mod do this for me automatically.

Here's an example:

Spoiler

... (craft stuff here) ...

INTERNAL
    {
        name = landerCabinInternals
        offset = 0, 0, -11.139 // this is the magic
    }

... (more craft stuff here) ...

MODEL  // here is where the lander can mesh is located on my weldment
    {
        model = Squad/Parts/Command/mk2LanderCan/model
        position = 0, 11.139, 0
        scale = 1, 1, 1
    }

... (rest of craft stuff here) ...

Edited by Fwiffo
Add example

1 hour ago, Fwiffo said:

Bug Report:  If preweld contains both a manned command module, and a probe core, the weldment should have minimumCrew = 0 instead of the minimumCrew = 1 that it currently gets.  Currently you can't control the welded craft when it's unmanned.  Very easy to reproduce so I didn't attach a file.

Also, Enhancement Request:  I suggested in the past that if a preweld has exactly one part with an INTERNAL module, then INTERNAL be generated in the weldment.  You pointed out this was disabled because the position defaults to 0,0,0.

Turns out it is possible to offset the internals.  So you should be able to use the position of the manned part relative to the weldment origin to calculate the correct offset and properly position the internal space.  I played with this myself via manual edits and it worked like a charm.  Would love to see the mod do this for me automatically.

Here's an example:

Reveal hidden contents

... (craft stuff here) ...

INTERNAL
    {
        name = landerCabinInternals
        offset = 0, 0, -11.139 // this is the magic
    }

... (more craft stuff here) ...

MODEL  // here is where the lander can mesh is located on my weldment
    {
        model = Squad/Parts/Command/mk2LanderCan/model
        position = 0, 11.139, 0
        scale = 1, 1, 1
    }

... (rest of craft stuff here) ...

1. that is easy to fix, you can already do this on your own by adding the minimumcrew attribute into the list of the minimum caluclations. I will ad this into the default config.

Ok with an offset this will work. I can integrate that. I guess there are more that would love to see this done^^

20 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

Out of interest, what does the 'Symmetry' value do, in the welding menu? 

it defines the Default symmetry of the part with the attack nodes.
So if you try to stack some other parts on ist nodes it will Switch to the default symmetry.

1 hour ago, Alewx said:

it defines the Default symmetry of the part with the attack nodes.
So if you try to stack some other parts on ist nodes it will Switch to the default symmetry.

Ah! Okay. Also, when I weld parts, the centre of the weld doesn't seem to match up with the centre of the parts, making some attaching things with symmetry difficult. Is there a way to get around that?