[0.90] Kerbol Minor Bodies (1.3)

Nicholander

Here's the zip download: https://www./?k3j3rtro9v2raw2

Also, this is the .rar to .zip convertor I used, so you can download a .rar file, upload it to there, and then you get a .zip! Remember to fill out the input type and the output type, though.

I'm thinking of expanding this mod to not just have minor bodies, but a new gas giant system too. Or maybe I'll just make another Kopernicus mod, but I'm not sure about this gas giant idea.

Here's the zip download: https://www./?k3j3rtro9v2raw2

Also, this is the .rar to .zip convertor I used, so you can download a .rar file, upload it to there, and then you get a .zip! Remember to fill out the input type and the output type, though.

I'm thinking of expanding this mod to not just have minor bodies, but a new gas giant system too. Or maybe I'll just make another Kopernicus mod, but I'm not sure about this gas giant idea.

Put it in the same pack... Because for some reason my computer doesnt really let me have two planet packs... and i really like this one

You should add like... 10-20 little tiny moons around Jool... so its more representative of Jupiter :)

That sounds like a resource hog to no tomorrow. :( Certainly fun idea but not sure how it would handle with players running OPM, this, and other mods. I personally think a extremely close Kerbol body would be a fun challenge.

Yes, a body like Oblate would be fun to get to, but 20 little Joolian moons that are all pretty much the same is just plain boring, and is RAM intensive. But I may add 1 little moon, maybe like an asteroid moon that's 2 times closer to Jool than Laythe.

Please do add a extremely close potential Low-Orbit Kerbol object. Ideally a scorched rock of insane gravity due its core. Just some ideas. Any body you add should be fun though. :cool:

It would be so cool, you could make a whole manned base on the planet just for solar farming... AWESOME

The one thing I noticed with this pack is that at the start Jastu starts at a rather inconvenient location for quick early career visits. (In testing it took about 8 years for a decent alignment of the two planets) The quick fix I found was to edit the argument of periapsis to around 240 as opposed to the base 0. This places Jastu ahead of Kerbin during its ascent to apoapsis and makes early visiting feasible.

The one thing I noticed with this pack is that at the start Jastu starts at a rather inconvenient location for quick early career visits. (In testing it took about 8 years for a decent alignment of the two planets) The quick fix I found was to edit the argument of periapsis to around 240 as opposed to the base 0. This places Jastu ahead of Kerbin during its ascent to apoapsis and makes early visiting feasible.
I see, okay. I made a little update, all it does is change Jastu's argument of periapsis to 240, making it easier to get too. Also, JID00Gaming, it's a ZIP file. :)

Update for Kopernicus 2.0? Well, even THAT is now obsolete, because of KopernicusTech. Which, I would like to note, is really complicated because they replaced the simple RSS.cfg file with a horrifyingly complex cfg for KittopiaTech.

- - - Updated - - -

I've updated this to use KopernicusTech now! (No new bodies however...)

If you find any bugs, PLEASE post about them here!

If you find any bugs, PLEASE post about them here!

So far during my re-config of the system I've discovered that all the planets in this pack have their sunlit side rotated by off 90 degrees. This problem fixes itself when the planets load the close range model but is visible in map mode and high orbit.

TmU1l5p.jpg

Side note, I as well as re-configuring Jastu into a more manageable stationary orbit, I have been working on moving the moonlets in this pack into orbit around the planets from Outer Planets Mod. I'll post up more of this as I keep making changes to the planets.

That bug is known, and there is no way to fix it as far as I am aware of.

I have found the solution to this problem. You need to recolor the normal images on each planet on about a 50% opaque alpha channel. Next up; making biome maps.

Edited by Nolnoc

I have found the solution to this problem. You need to recolor the normal images on each planet on about a 50% opaque alpha channel. Next up; making biome maps.

Keep in mind if you create biomes, they will override the stock biomes of your reference body (ex: Gilly)

Keep in mind if you create biomes, they will override the stock biomes of your reference body (ex: Gilly)

Better to get started making biomes early though. Now that Technoman is back working on Kopernicus I suspect that bug to be fixed pretty quick. I believe he said it was caused from the change to the biome API from Squad with the .90 update.