[0.90] Kerbol Minor Bodies (1.3)

Nicholander

Sorry for loosing some interest in this, I just haven't had a lot of free time lately. I'm thinking whether I should add another Kraun/Kuiper Belt Object like Eeloo, or a Super Moho/Oblate like planet. (Or what Astrofox suggested, and yes, you can add oceans with KittopiaTech)

I think you can change the color of the lava to be say, red-orange, but I don't think you can make it that your spacecraft explodes when it touches it.

Actually you can do both those things. There's a LavaOcean parameter in KittopiaTech.

So, I've been thinking about remaking the bodies in this with 2K textures (The textures have 2x the resolution than they currently have), instead of the 1K textures that I originally made them with. That would make them look better, but since I didn't "Bookmark" the bodies I used in SpaceEngine, I'll have to find new ones, and they may not look much like the original ones I found. And I really like how Berdim looks.

So, should I remake the textures?

Would it be possible to mix-n-match, so if we preferred the old textures, or the larger files cause RAM issues, we can drop in/out the ones we want? I do this on my RSS install and use 8k textures for Earth/moon, but only 2k for everything else until my mission is ready to go, and only then do I drop in the 8k texture of the target bodies for the duration of the mission.

How hard would it be to put something literally on the edge of Kerbols SOI? I mean like, the planets SOI itself extends a bit out of Kerbols SOI... that would make it difficult because if you accidentally went to far past on the night side of the planet... better hope you gosta good engine to get you out of interstellar space and back into some kind of gravity well!

Also, how is "Super Moho" coming? I'd love to try and land on a KopernicusTech Ablate :P

How hard would it be to put something literally on the edge of Kerbols SOI? I mean like, the planets SOI itself extends a bit out of Kerbols SOI... that would make it difficult because if you accidentally went to far past on the night side of the planet... better hope you gosta good engine to get you out of interstellar space and back into some kind of gravity well!

Also, how is "Super Moho" coming? I'd love to try and land on a KopernicusTech Ablate :P

Kerbol has an infinite SOI.

he probably ment the edge of KSP's skybox (the moment when the game says "Kerbol Escape: ... days" never changes)

oooooh I thought that you could escape the SOI... darn! so I guess when it comes to other star systems in your save there isn't any Interstellar space, its all withing Kerbols SOI, but you get pullled int by a stronger well when your close enough to another Star...huh

oooooh I thought that you could escape the SOI... darn! so I guess when it comes to other star systems in your save there isn't any Interstellar space, its all withing Kerbols SOI, but you get pullled int by a stronger well when your close enough to another Star...huh

Uh, there are no other stars.

Uh, there are no other stars.

sometimes I wonder if your intentionally a jerk... but, I'm talking about Kopernicus Core, remember that thing? You were the one who "made" it... and I'm pretty sure that you also made another star... so, how are there no other stars? Right...

sometimes I wonder if your intentionally a jerk... but, I'm talking about Kopernicus Core, remember that thing? You were the one who "made" it... and I'm pretty sure that you also made another star... so, how are there no other stars? Right...

Kopernicus Core is dead.

I'm not making new star systems until we can do it properly, without companions or hackiness.

Nicholander, I was wondering about an analog for the comet 67p, since Zem-Po has an orbit that is unlike that of 67p, so will you consider on adding an analog (down to the overall shape and orbital velocity, which around 67p is only 1m/s^2, also the 6.7 year orbital period (if it goes past Jool just cut it to about 3.5 years).)?

Nicholander, I was wondering about an analog for the comet 67p, since Zem-Po has an orbit that is unlike that of 67p, so will you consider on adding an analog (down to the overall shape and orbital velocity, which around 67p is only 1m/s^2, also the 6.7 year orbital period (if it goes past Jool just cut it to about 3.5 years).)?

That'd probably be very difficult... I haven't seen anything in space engine of quite the shape of 67p in my 2 years now of playing it :(

1.3 is out! YEAH!!! It adds the "Super Moho", called Infen. It's ridiculously close to Kerbol, and combined with it being the size of Bop, it'll be a REAL challenge to get to.

So, what do you guys have for ideas on the next minor body?

I wish somebody could do a planet with lava...REAL lava...

Hey, a lava planet with lava oceans could be currently possible. Wile I dug trough Kittopia's various ocean options I found an option to make oceans deadly withing a specified hight. Than just recolor the oceans to red or orange.

Hey, a lava planet with lava oceans could be currently possible. Wile I dug trough Kittopia's various ocean options I found an option to make oceans deadly withing a specified hight. Than just recolor the oceans to red or orange.

They may not need recoloring. Look at this: