The Moment Elon Musk Heard about KSP

arkie87

One could argue that's a troll account not made by Elon Musk. :P

As a moderator on another gaming server forum, I can confirm impersonations by making another account are ridiculously frequent.

EDIT: I mean, don't get me wrong, there's a very real chance it is him, i'm just saying there's an equally real chance it's not.

So's he in the forums then?

Maybe. My gut feeling says that if he does have an account, that the username is something that would not identify him or attract attention; most celebrities do not like the attention and don't want to be bothered outside of their professional careers.

One could argue that's a troll account not made by Elon Musk. :P

As a moderator on another gaming server forum, I can confirm impersonations by making another account are ridiculously frequent.

EDIT: I mean, don't get me wrong, there's a very real chance it is him, i'm just saying there's an equally real chance it's not.

I can confirm this; "Lady Gaga" is a common troll account on a load of sites and forums. The only time that I've personally seen where a directly named account was the actual celebrity was Ron White out on Reddit; the guy proved it was him by posting this: http://imgur.com/hI8hY

I see nothing in there that says anything about KSP. :huh:

ctrl + F :) (Find word in most browsers, I entered in "Kerbal")

"Musk also answered questions, ranging from the mundane (he gets six hours of sleep a night) to what games he plays (the Kerbal Space Program)" <- bolded for emphasis mine

In "How to live like elon musk" (Is it just me, or is that phrased like some weird celeberty talk show?)

Edited by Norpo
bolded for emphasis

About a year ago I was at a lecture from astronaut Andre Kuipers, I got the chance te ask him a question. IT had something to do with Dragon / Space X (since Kuipers was on board the ISS when the first Dragon arrived). I kinda choked up when Kuipers complimented me on my question. After a long and very comprehensive answer the presenter of the talks that day offered me a chance to ask another question.

I was shocked by the fact that a astronaut complimented me and my brain refused to come up with a question, so I asked him about Kerbal Space program. To bad he was unaware of the game :( .

• 2 weeks later...
It seems like famous people rarely actually participate in communities of the game. Not as themselves anyway. Even in small scale, it's super-rare to see Scott Manley (illectro/szygy) post on Reddit or KSP Forums. Nassault's only very recently made his first post on the forum.

I do hang out on IRC all the time, it's just hard to remain solidy engaged when I have a demanding day job too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.