STS-7/E Space Shuttle (Stock NASA Replica) Still Flies in KSP 1.4.3 - Re-enters Like the Real Thing!

inigma

Every time I try to download the file it says it's in an unknown format or damaged.

what file, what link?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, thanks inigma! Glad to know you like it!

As for the name mistake.. Well.. It happens, right? :)

On a side note:

I updated the Boeing 747 and gave the shuttle the capability to separate from the 747, just as they did in the Enterprise Approach and Landing Tests for the Shuttle. Actually, it was already there when I first made it, but I updated it so that the Shuttle has separatrons to make separation easier, but it's still very failure-prone. Low speed and pitch-down angle would be the best bet, and feels very rewarding when you do manage to handle it. I also reduced part count to 396 (Okay, I have to admit, that's not a lot.) It doesn't have any visual changes, except for the landing gear being oriented further back to reduce the effects of tailstrikes. Now I'll just have to work on part count and handling.. and a good thumbnail.

The download link is still the same. Feel free to try it and offer suggestions! :D

Thanks Columbia! By the way, you've earned this for sharing your design as part of the STS program:

JV0zWd1.jpg

Hey pTrev, any luck with your probe? Has anyone been able to get it to Jool?

- - - Updated - - -

All, the following people have earned the STS Engineer award for their contributions to the STS program:

ExplorerKlatt

Columbia

Daze

Jackvony

Rune

Yukon009

xoknight

Feel free to wear it proudly (though not necessary)!

JV0zWd1.jpg

STS Service Module conversion to KIS would be easy? No?! Heck no. Way no. 7 hours into testing... no. Argh no.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113111-0-90-Kerbal-Inventory-System-%28KIS%29-1-0-0?p=1813060&viewfull=1#post1813060

First it was KIS just not loading. Then KIS not making sense. Then KAS bugging the durned textures load ruining some prime screenshot opportunity. Then KIS containers just not fitting. Then KIS being the KIS of death with it freezing while moving containers from one mount to another on EVA. What a bug.

At least the KAS modified Xoknight Class (named in honor of Xoknight) Utility MMUs look and work AWESOME!!

Here they are in the bay, at the moment of the KIS KSP game freeze of death. Anyways...

PKOIwZ6.jpg

well... so much for conversion. This "fix" for KAS deprecating containers is waiting for a "fix" from KIS devs. I knew, just knew this wasn't going to be a happy journey... untested mods.... ok, I've got it all off my chest now.

*sniff...7 hours...

I do it for you guys 'cause I love y'all.

Argh. time to play WoT to work it off...

oh and here's another pic of the Utility MMUs:

mTRkxQw.png

Edited by inigma

Hey pTrev, any luck with your probe? Has anyone been able to get it to Jool?

No, as far as I can tell, no one has flown it there legit yet. Still waiting for Yukon to get back to me with his pass on Galileo.

Until then, I've already started working on another subassembly to appease my low attention span...

Sorry I took so long to get back to you on this.

No, as far as I can tell, no one has flown it there legit yet. Still waiting for Yukon to get back to me with his pass on Galileo.

Until then, I've already started working on another subassembly to appease my low attention span...

Sorry I took so long to get back to you on this.

Thanks pTrev. No worries on time/response. This is a permanent thread as far as I know. Take your time with r/l (I've had to, and will be mostly afk from KSP over the next two weeks except to update this thread with submissions you guys enter). I subscribe to this thread so I get all the notices when posted.

I tried to fly this great ship with FAR & DRE.

Great job. When i heard that explosion during reentry I said out loud "I hope that want something important..."

Points for landing it intact in a hilly area! Did you post this vid in the challenge thread? You earned a few medals. I'll also post this in this thread's op shortly.

Oh, I didn't know, really glad to achieve something...

I lost the docking port during reentry. I made two short test before the video, and just one reentry. So I didn't slow too much for avoiding stall. I would land on the runway, but it was still night there...

Oh, I didn't know, really glad to achieve something...

I lost the docking port during reentry. I made two short test before the video, and just one reentry. So I didn't slow too much for avoiding stall. I would land on the runway, but it was still night there...

What's the name of your Space Shuttle so I can add you to the Astronaut Corps?

Here's that new subassembly I was talking about. Its a set of modular research lab components inspired by the real shuttle's Spacelab missions.

O7oNdUv.png

Enterprise, rebuilt for the second time, lifts off on its third mission with three Spacelab companents in its payload bay

RAVnsTs.png

Vehicle is supersonic, roll program complete, engage pitch program.

VJgMe1V.png

Booster sep confirmed, Enterprise is negative return

w3z146i.png

Heads up roll complete, vehicle is go for orbit

y83UpjT.png

ET jettison, all systems nominal

cT8xZcp.png

Orbital insertion underway. EVE has apparently either had too much to drink, or is putting on a late April Fool's joke

gtoBMlo.png

Payload Bay open. Inside, from front to back, is the Spacelab Pressurized Module (Compact), Spacelab Crew Airlock, and the Spacelab External Experiment Pallet, with two KMUs, courtesy of Rune.

ozg9wZu.png

As you can see, the SPM has a beautiful view!

nvY63o6.jpg

Jeb and Bill conduct activities on the SEEP, while Bob monitors from the SPM and Jerwin watches shuttle systems from the orbiter cockpit.

I plan to release several different components so people can mix and match to create a specialized payload for specialized missions. There will be a larger PM, probably a station resupply pallet, an Observation module, etc. If you happen to have an idea for a component, please tell me!

ok, question about the SAMPA... I am thinking of using that parachute mod so as to not dirty up the sides of the shuttle (sorry, forgot what it was called) Currently not sure how I can go about making the entire front section into a subassembly of its own, so...I am considering just slightly redesigning your shuttle and make a complete offshoot of it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.