[1.1](Apr24/16) Control Lock: Input text into text fields without issuing commands to your vessel

Diazo

Do you mean lock the camera so that dragging the mouse does not move it while moving stuff with KIS?

I'm not sure that's possible. I would have to check if Squad hard-coded moving the mouse to moving the camera. I'd be investigating from scratch if this is possible at all so it would not be quick.

Are there any other mods besides KIS that would need this?

There would be no auto-detection of this available if done in this mod. If it is done in KIS, you could have auto-detection so that when a piece is picked up the camera is automatically locked. Has this been brought to KospY's attention?

D.

Oh, no no no. I mean, when you left click and drag while on EVA with your jetpack out, you can change the Kerbal's orientation. It'd be useful to lock this while doing KIS stuff. Right clicking to move the camera is fine. That's perfect.

I did just notice, actually, that the current lock doesn't yet prevent this, only the EVA keys...

• 1 month later...

@IRnifty: I finally got a chance to install KIS and test this.

And there is nothing this mod can do, Squad has hardcoded that into the game, there is no keybind for me to interact with as this mod requires.

You will have to make a feature request in the KIS/KAS threads for this, maybe turn off RCS when you pick an object up and turn it back on when you drop it?

(If someone is able to track down where in the code this command happens, I'll take another look, but until that is found I have to leave it at this.)

D.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Version 1.5

KSP 1.1 Update.

Download here.

-New RESET button in the right-click window. This will clear all control locks in effect, including those automatically added by other mods and will return full control to the player.

I'm also not sure how badly needed this mod is with the new UI. However, I don't have a Linux system to test as the primary issue this mod dealt with was Linux specific.

If you are on Linux, can you please let me know if this mod still has a purpose?

D.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I use Linux and I'm having some problema with at least one mod (Mouse Aim Flight): when I rename a ship or a quicksave, MAF intercepta the keystrokes.

I'll also report that on MAF's thread, just in case...

Not sure this mod can help, this mod is for locking stock KSP out so you don't pass commands while using textboxes.

In this case you are trying to use a Textbox and lock out a mod. The fix is going to have to be on MAF's end, point the creator towards me if they need a hand with how that part of KSP works.

D.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.