Greetings from Iran!

DavidBowman

Space exploration is expensive. Sure, there have been some satellites and other stuff (which they're very proud of! As in like they're the first to shoot little monkeys in space cans!)

But even I, as a space enthusiast, wouldn't encourage these so called "advancements" at the moment. More important matters to spend money on than showing off monkey-catapulting skills!

(I wasn't aware of Bush's Axis of Evil comment!! In our media the US (government) is sometimes referred to as "The Great Devil"! How messed up is that?! :confused: )

Glad to have you onboard fellow Kerbonaut!

Space is something that hopefully everybody can get behind. It is, after all, humanity's future. I think sometimes of all the stories of astronauts seeing Earth from the Moon and their perspective changing dramatically, and I really don't think that would be a bad thing for *ANY* country right now. Perhaps a flight to the Moon would even get some of the crazier Iranian (and American!) politicians to stop wanting to kill each other and their "enemies" all the time! Never forget the Cold War- there was a time when half the world had nukes pointed at the other half, and the fate of humanity balanced on a razor's edge! I *do* believe the Apollo Program helped put an end to such madness!

By the way, I *really do* hope Iran doesn't just follow the path of basically every other developing space program and re-create what's already been done. What I would *REALLY* like to see is for some of the newer space programs to invest more in more creative launch-systems, like Microwave Thermal Rocketry, Spaceplanes (Microwave Thermal Rocketry, in particular, makes this possible) Mas Drivers, Momentum Exchange Tethers, etc...

Some of these systems could very well lead to more international cooperation- the most efficient way to do Microwave Thermal Rocketry, for instance, would be to have the entire world collaborate on a series of Microwave transmitter stations around the globe, and a handful of Microwave Relays in orbit, such as to provide beamed-power coverage to the entire planet... Microwave Beamed Power isn't just useful for rocker launches and spaceplanes- it can also be utilized for high-powered electric propulsion in orbit, communications platforms mounted on long-endurance high-altitude aircraft (a cheaper alternative than communications satellites in many cases), to run Propulsive Fluid Accumulator satellites and Mass Drivers in orbit (the latter can be utilized to de-orbit debris and capsules returning to the surface, so as to recycle their momentum), and potentially to someday even beam power back DOWN to the Earth's surface from solar power collectors in orbit- utilizing the Microwave relays to help get the power to where it's needed on the planet (and where people are willing to pay for it- although the whole system requires MUCH cheaper launch costs to Low Earth Orbit to be effective... Luckily Microwave Beamed Power makes spaceplanes with high payload fractions possible that could help actualize such low launch costs...)

Regards,

Northstar

DavidBowman, welcome,
and it would be a pleasure to visit one day :)

Stay off the politics guys.

Thanks. You're welcome anytime

- - - Updated - - -

Craziest welcome thread ever. :)

Should have done this sooner!! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay.

-Bio

Thanks. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forum! I hope you have a great time here!

also how cold does it get there during the winter?

Thanks.

I live in a northern province called Gilan on the coast of the Caspian sea (Search it. It's a beautiful place) and here we have mild winters. It snows once or twice and not that heavy

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, this appears to be the second longest individual introductory thread here, at least since April 2013. You are just after Copenhagen Suborbitals!

Welcome again.

Wow!! I feel like a celebrity!

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to have you onboard fellow Kerbonaut!

Space is something that hopefully everybody can get behind. It is, after all, humanity's future. I think sometimes of all the stories of astronauts...

Regards,

Northstar

Thanks. I always feel at home in KSP forums. Everyone is a space enthusiast! It's really good!

This forum is indeed one of the nicest places to be on the web. And its very good to see, how many different people, regardless of nation and religion are working together peacefully, when it comes to science, especially everything related to space. Feels good te be here :)

This forum is indeed one of the nicest places to be on the web. And its very good to see, how many different people, regardless of nation and religion are working together peacefully, when it comes to science, especially everything related to space. Feels good te be here :)

It sure is!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.