[WIP] KopernicusTech - An integration attempt between Kopernicus and KittopiaTech (v0.13 - 03/26/15)

Gravitasi

I'm working on adding biomes.... but when I add them, none of my planets show up. I've only made biomes for one planet so far, called Cyrus. Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/EbHN4U4r

Yes the colors correlate with the colors on the biome map I made... anyone see an issue?

Biomes aren't working yet for new planets, unless I didn't notice it in KT

Biomes aren't working yet for new planets, unless I didn't notice it in KT

Well Outer Planets Mod has custom biomes so unless KopernicusTech broke that feature (Outer Planets mod is still on Kopernicus core) they should still work

Interesting. Do you mind sending me whatever mods you have installed you I can check this out? (along with whatever WIP stuff is causing the breakage).

I don't have any mods that could possibly break it.

Next update for the KopernicusTech PF planets is gonna be cool...

cgIS5Ue.png

BetterAtmospheres config and proper scaledspace!

TzZPykN.png

Well Outer Planets Mod has custom biomes so unless KopernicusTech broke that feature (Outer Planets mod is still on Kopernicus core) they should still work

We found the biomes bug after OPM released their biome release, it is an issue somewhere in the Kopernicus mod

I have an idea as to why *though I'm not a programmer* the stars don't work. Maybe something is missing when they're being loaded? I would believe that some code may be missing.

As for my own construction project *which needs the star bug to be fixed* I had plans to make the Sun be the center of a binary star system *this acts like StarSystems in a way* but also, my expansion will also require RealSolarSystem *the entire Solar System is edited to orbit the two stars, along with new planets*

Edited by Tynton

Interesting. Do you mind sending me whatever mods you have installed you I can check this out? (along with whatever WIP stuff is causing the breakage).

If you could, could you look into why the light source for planets some times does not match up in map view? I think that and the biome issue of overwriting the template body with the new biome are the two biggest bugs of the current Kopernicus mod.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it should be stated that Kopernicus core is NOT the correct name of the mod. It's just Kopernicus. The "core" mod that Augustus had in his thread was nothing more than a config file.

Here's a list of planet packs that will be updated from time to time:

Planet Factory Planets for KopernicusTech by _Augustus_ (Uses flightglobalsindexes 125-179)

Outer Planets Mod by CaptRobau & Eudae55 (Uses flightglobalsindexes 180-249)

Trans-Keptunian by Gravitasi (Uses flightglobalsindexes 525-549)

Minor Bodies by Nicholander (Uses flightglobalsindexes 2000-2499)

What about Jool+, Stella, and Odysseus?

Well I've officially resumed development of Kopernicus (or "core", or whatever you guys call it now :) ), and KCreator doesn't want to work on KittopiaTech anymore apparently.

Either way, I'm a little curious - a lot of these planet packs I've been browsing though cram everything in the Kopernicus folder - it's *supposed* to support module manager, textures and configs don't have to be put in the Config folder of Kopernicus. Everything was just supposed to be a module manager script editing the Kopernicus config. If it is broke PLEASE TELL ME!!! The idea was to be able to have planets / planet systems potentially be their own mods so you could mix and match planet packs. (Well, those who run KSP on Linux 64bit could anyway, as it's the only stable 64 bit version =P )

For instance, here was one of the original biome editing samples (it haven't personally tested 0.90.0). Everything was encapsulated in its own folder....

https://github.com/BryceSchroeder/Kopernicus/tree/master/Pre%20Alpha/prealpha3/GameData/KopernicusExamples/EelooBiomes

- - - Updated - - -

I'm working on adding biomes.... but when I add them, none of my planets show up. I've only made biomes for one planet so far, called Cyrus. Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/EbHN4U4r

Yes the colors correlate with the colors on the biome map I made... anyone see an issue?

You goofed your value here. I haven't had a change to test, but this could be causing it to throw an exception (I should honestly improve Kopernicus' error checking)

1. Biome
  2. {
  3. name = Midlands
  4. value = 0.01176,0.87056,1,1
  5. }

Edited by Teknoman117

Moons orbiting so close to each other and ALL being planet-sized, some of them with planet-sized moons?

Not realistic.

I know, that's why I put a sarcasm tag.

- - - Updated - - -

You goofed your value here. I haven't had a change to test, but this could be causing it to throw an exception (I should honestly improve Kopernicus' error checking)

1. Biome
  2. {
  3. name = Midlands
  4. value = 0.01176,0.87056,1,1
  5. }

Ahh duh. Thanks. Yah, having some sort of error message would be very helpful for when something silly goes wrong.

Well I've officially resumed development of Kopernicus (or "core", or whatever you guys call it now :) ), and KCreator doesn't want to work on KittopiaTech anymore apparently.

Either way, I'm a little curious - a lot of these planet packs I've been browsing though cram everything in the Kopernicus folder - it's *supposed* to support module manager, textures and configs don't have to be put in the Config folder of Kopernicus. Everything was just supposed to be a module manager script editing the Kopernicus config. If it is broke PLEASE TELL ME!!! The idea was to be able to have planets / planet systems potentially be their own mods so you could mix and match planet packs. (Well, those who run KSP on Linux 64bit could anyway, as it's the only stable 64 bit version =P )

For instance, here was one of the original biome editing samples (it haven't personally tested 0.90.0). Everything was encapsulated in its own folder....

In my case it was because I couldn't change what body Eeloo orbited (from the Sun to Sarnus) without putting it in System.cfg. My vision was impossible without moving Eeloo like that. If you fix that, there's no reason for me to not eliminate the Kopernicus folder for config and texture placement. I personally use a file loader/unloader to move stuff in and out of GameData, so I haven't had to remove files from that folder manually. Other KSPers do, so if I don't have to use System.cfg anymore, I won't and I'll happily switch to a more modular setup that will allow people to easily mix and match other Kopernicus mods with mine.

I think it also doesn't help that the Kopernicus forum OP hasn't changed in months and as such look out-dated. When I started my mod Kopernicus was all but dead or at the very least felt like a in-development version instead of a full package. As such it felt natural to bundle the plugin with my mod to reduce my mod's players from having to scavenge GitHub or the forum thread for the right version, etc. When Kopernicus has had some of its major bugs worked out and eliminates depending on other mods for PQS loading and such, I'd suggest starting a new thread for that version. Then people can download the Kopernicus plugin from that and mods like mine will be like the modular configs for RSS, instead of every Kopernicus-based mod being an island like they are now. That thread would also be a good place to direct modders to tutorials and other information that will help them create planet mods.

(Well, those who run KSP on Linux 64bit could anyway, as it's the only stable 64 bit version =P )

After 2 years playing KSP i finaly decided to install it on Ubuntu this week , I am reborn, 5 Days and not a single crash. Running 9Gigs of mods. Only downside is the OpenGL, AA kinda lacks big time.

After 2 years playing KSP i finaly decided to install it on Ubuntu this week , I am reborn, 5 Days and not a single crash. Running 9Gigs of mods. Only downside is the OpenGL, AA kinda lacks big time.

I actually partitioned my MacBook Pro retina and installed Ubuntu on it just for is game. Was a hassle with no Ethernet cable, but so worth it. I can run any and all the mods I want. Can't wait for more planet packs to come out and make a giant system to explore.