[WIP] KopernicusTech - An integration attempt between Kopernicus and KittopiaTech (v0.13 - 03/26/15)

Gravitasi

I still can't make stars, and this mod doesn't work with OPM as it uses a normal Kopernicus DLL.

I recreated Toliman, and it works fine...

Here is the code i used(later i edited Toliman ingame with the menu then reloaded it):

@Kopernicus
{
Body
{
name = Toliman
flightGlobalsIndex = 18
Template
{
name = Sun
}
Properties
{
description = Test for Toliman in KopernicusTech.
geeASL = 1.3
tidallyLocked = True
rotationPeriod = 432000
initialRotation = 180
timewarpAltitudeLimits = 0 8000 8000 25000 40000 80000 160000 250000
ScienceValues
{
}
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sun
inclination = 0
eccentricity = 0
semiMajorAxis = 2000000000000
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
color = 1,0.35,0,1
}
}
}

Edited by Candlelight

I recreated Toliman, and it works fine...

Here is the code i used(later i edited Toliman ingame with the menu then reloaded it):

@Kopernicus
{
Body
{
name = Toliman
flightGlobalsIndex = 18
Template
{
name = Sun
}
Properties
{
description = Test for Toliman in KopernicusTech.
geeASL = 1.3
tidallyLocked = True
rotationPeriod = 432000
initialRotation = 180
timewarpAltitudeLimits = 0 8000 8000 25000 40000 80000 160000 250000
ScienceValues
{
}
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sun
inclination = 0
eccentricity = 0
semiMajorAxis = 2000000000000
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
color = 1,0.35,0,1
}
}
}

Ah. It may have been the starfix config being outdated then.

That seems to happen if, for instance, duna is your template but your planet doesn't have an atmosphere. If it doesn't, use Tylo as a template.

Well, it does have a 50km atmosphere.

OMG, TODAY IS FRIDAY THE 13TH!!! :(

Edited by Candlelight

"doesn't work with OPM as it uses a normal Kopernicus DLL."

It does... I'm using it now. How? simple: use the latest KopernicusTech .dll's and not the one for OPM, it works just fine! (so far, I don't have the technology to fly to one of the planets without cheating, yet)

It does work with OPM, though you really do not require it for anything right now afaik...

The KopernicusTech version of Kittopia did really not work (scaledspace update/export) on my install on the other hand.

Yap! That's why I couldn't figure out what I was doing 'wrong', because 0.12 didn't include ddsloader but Kopernicus still needed it

Awesome! :D *bolts out of the room at speed of light*

EDIT: I just tested it out, and it didn't work. ;.; Now I'm using KT 0.121, since in the changelog it says it now includes DDS loader. Now what?

EDIT 2: Wait a minute! I just installed KT 0.12 and DDSLoader and it works! The weird thing is though that I didn't even export the planet at all. But I'll take it! :D

Kv35Rze.png

Edited by Thomas988

EDIT: I just tested it out, and it didn't work. ;.; Now I'm using KT 0.121, since in the changelog it says it now includes DDS loader. Now what?

EDIT 2: Wait a minute! I just installed KT 0.12 and DDSLoader and it works! The weird thing is though that I didn't even export the planet at all. But I'll take it! Nevermind, the sun-lit side actually wasn't facing the sun at all. Dangit!

EDIT 2: Wait a minute! I just installed KT 0.12 and DDSLoader and it works! The weird thing is though that I didn't even export the planet at all. But I'll take it! Nevermind, the sun-lit side actually wasn't facing the sun at all. Dangit!

It exports for me but it doesn't seem to keep the scaledspace once I load the game again, even though a bin and texture files were created. The sunlight thing is still a bug AFAIK

Okay, stars still ​won't work for me. I don't even have a starfix config, and they still cause everything to not load.

I think everyone following any thread whatsoever that has anything even remotely to do with planetmaking knows of your peril in great detail by now... Complaining over and over again will not help you in any way, just following the basic steps about getting support on the other hand will most likely accomplish just that.

As someone else has even created a star successfully, there is most likely something wrong with your config or your install, how about redoing both? How about actually providing a logfile? For real, it is not that hard ._.

Did you set the normal to 50% opacity. That fixes these things on my end.

Going to repeat this. Turn your normal map opacity down to 50% in photoshop or whatever and you will fix any lighting bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

I think everyone following any thread whatsoever that has anything even remotely to do with planetmaking knows of your peril in great detail by now... Complaining over and over again will not help you in any way, just following the basic steps about getting support on the other hand will most likely accomplish just that.

As someone else has even created a star successfully, there is most likely something wrong with your config or your install, how about redoing both? How about actually providing a logfile? For real, it is not that hard ._.

Agreed

Glad to help. It looks very nice!

Here's another process I think works.

1. I'll load up a new planet with the map, height, and normal file straight from SE

2. I'll update saveload with export.

3. I'll go to Kittopia's texture file and copy the correct maps and replace the old map, height, and normal files.

4. Reload and it works. At this point you can delete the textures inside the kittopia folder and you're planet will still look good.

I think this is what you did in OPM, yah? Also, this fixes lighting, for me, at least.... it seems Kittopia actually does do the opacity set to 50% thing when you export.

Nah I use main Kopernicus .bin export (automatically generated on game start and then copied by me) since its more stable for a few of my planets. I also generally just work from other bodies of mine that are relevant to the new body. So if I would create a new asteroid like moon, then I'd copy Hale's files. A normal planet already containing a height map, copy Slate. And so on. Your method is probably easier for newcomers.

DDS automatically fixes the lighting issue (probably sets it to 50% itself on conversion), so if you're using that could be causing it. Could also be something related to the DDS support added to recent KT updates (which I haven't used yet).

How do you make an ocean on a planet?

I don't have much experience with this, but I'd start by using laythe or eve as a template and going from there.

Edit: After playing around a little I can add a little more information. Use laythe as a template for example, and then it's just a matter of using a heightmap with some variance in altitudes. Set the areas you want to be ocean in the heightmap to black so it's clear it should be depressed, and then in the PQS mod set a negative offset until you're happy with the results.

Edited by Borisbee