What do you think IVA needs?

Yeah, I can't see the point in IVA movement (I'd get bored with it pretty quickly) ...unless it's part of a general first-person EVA mode, in which case it would be cool. But I'm not sure how you would handle moving your kerbal in interior zero-G. I assume they aren't going to be blasting their thrusters in the cabins, so you have to have some way to deal with handholds for stabilizing and rotating the kerbal's body, and pushing off and aiming jumps. Messy.

Has Squad said anything about this? it seems like a good idea but would be kinda pointless and would be forgotten quickly. At least I know I would get bored of it quite quickly.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I can't see the point in IVA movement (I'd get bored with it pretty quickly) ...unless it's part of a general first-person EVA mode, in which case it would be cool. But I'm not sure how you would handle moving your kerbal in interior zero-G. I assume they aren't going to be blasting their thrusters in the cabins, so you have to have some way to deal with handholds for stabilizing and rotating the kerbal's body, and pushing off and aiming jumps. Messy.

First-person EVA would be awesome! I was thinking of IVA moving as a way of moving between close-by modules, for cinematic purposes, give atmosphere to stations, and also be a way of activating experiments, radio dishes, but as a part of EVA it would be extra-awesome.

I would like to see the IVA's get redone with useful instruments, so you could actually do a Mun mission full IVA. Not necessarily RPM, but close. Terrain altitude display, better Navball, etc. Also first person EVA. IVA movement would be ok, but I don't see the point of it. kind of like KXP it would be useful if there was a reason to use it.

Has Squad said anything about this? it seems like a good idea but would be kinda pointless and would be forgotten quickly. At least I know I would get bored of it quite quickly.

:rolleyes:

It would have to be built into a system mechanic such as doing science or internal repairs.

Make each command module be like a kas container, and have some navball parts, a compass part, a speed indicator (one for vertical and another for horizontal), a pressure indicator, an oxygen sensor, and a thermometer. Maybe the already made science parts could look different when put in a command pod, then they would just need to add a navball and compass.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.