Are you a Engineer or a Pilot?

hellblazer

Are you a Engineer or a Pilot?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Engineer or a Pilot?

Pilot. I'm not great at engineering, and that makes the flying oh-so-much more fun. :D

Nothing like piloting a wobbly rocket during a complicated maneuver with limited RCS, I say. Give me an engine, a fuel tank, and a command pod, and i'll make it fly.

I guess mostly an engineer as I spend most time in the SPH building ridiculously big spaceplanes, then after that a pilot to get them airborne :P

Also, what did you use the get the screenshots creating a sort of depth perception?

Used Photoshop blur tool.

I'm definitely more of a pilot. While obviously you have to be a little of both, mindset-wise, to play KSC, I find myself booting up the game just to thrash one of my little jets around the sky way more often than to fiddle with a design for a few minutes. I prefer to design stuff where I have to jump through relatively few hoops to accomplish what I want to do, and my biggest 'rushes' in terms of designing are usually when I manage to make something more fun/exciting to fly than I thought it was before.

I've never even downloaded MechJeb as I have no desire to have something do that stuff for me.

Of those, I am...

An Administrator.

I absolutely will not design a new lifter, unless the existing designs just cannot be made to do the job. Even then, I absolutely will not research a tech node, unless the job just cannot be done with already researched tech. Even then, I absolutely will not upgrade a facility, unless the job just cannot be done with the existing facilities.

Even then, I enjoy playing the game! :cool:

Probably half and half. i do quite a bit of building, and i also fly all of said designs to wherever i feel like flying them to.

Although if you want me to be truly realistic, its 25% pilot, 25% engineer, 50% soldier (i destroy almost everything i launch sooner or later with missiles, cannons, and a variety of other weaponry).

Im a pilot ever since I let MechJeb fly and it failed miserably at doing so. I aint giving my designs to be flying by some silly robots! Just take a look what happened to Discovery mission in The Space Oddyssey!

Scientist :P I set my science return very low (30%) because then it drives me to go to all of the places with all of the experiments.

But if it has to be one of the two, probably engineer. Thanks to Kerbal Construction Time's simulations, I have more working ship designs than I have ever actually put into service. Sometimes I realise I'm designing a new spaceplane just because I don't know what else to do; don't really need another heavy lifter, but they're fun to make :)

Definitely a space craft engineer! Steam says I've played the game for over 850 hours, and my career save, which I spend almost all my time in, is only at year 1, day 240. I haven't even officially landed at Duna yet! However, I did on my friend's save...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.