Multi-Hull Spacecraft Designs and other Exotic Concepts

Hooray I have a picture now!

Also, I will set aside more time for KSP, its just that I have been busy with school work recently! I just wanted to say that I am still working on the Pocket Carrier, working on a multi-role frigate with a heavy fighter on a stock moving boom, finished said heavy fighter, and a light fighter. The heavy fighter is under 5 tons, and the light one is under 3! Need to manage part counts, because I can't get the switchable graphics to work on my laptop and an using the stock intel graphics card.

Edit:

Apparently I don't have a picture. What gives?

Edit Again:

Apparently profile picture is different than avatar. Got it.

Edited by Techpriest93
Edit Edit

Now you really must take that as far as it'll go. How many hulls can you paste together like that before it becomes unusable?

With two hulls it is flyable even with physwarp but wobbly, with three no physwarp capable but still barely flyable, with four hulls I don't even want to try.

• 1 year later...

Well, I've got one -- Kerbfleet's K.S.S. Intrepid, presently bound for the Jool system. 

Crewed ship's craft (all carried internally) include an SSTO floatplane, a large mining boat, two small RCS-powered orbiters/low grav landers (not pictured) and a rover. Non-crewed craft include two atmospheric probes, four scansats and a "tugbot" towing arm equipped with grappling claw (not pictured). Carries full USI-LS life support for 12, ISRU, and, well, just about everything else I could think of. 85% stock.

I have a bunch of cruisers! My current WIP one is an asteroid hauler. It's current version has room for 7, IRSU, and a large mk3 cargo bay, plus some mk2 bays that hold the radiators and stuff. 

The special parts are: 

• power by RTG's alone. 
  • Big. 
  • Single launch! 

And finally, land on stuff, but while most cruisers that land horizontally using separate engines, it lands on its tail so it can take advantage of the drills also used for asteroids. I think it has enough T/W ratio to skycrane a class A on Minmus or something like that.

Still WIP, I can get some probably get some pics when I get home today (whoo Friday!)

Well, I've made Malleus a sci-fi-esque mothership...thing with two mk3 full size cargo bays in it, the body technically made up of 2 mk3 bits and 2 mk2 ones. (Does that count as multi-hull? I don't know...)

...and Bulldog, a sci-fi esque SSTO. It glides backwards to land, thanks to the aerodynamics of the wings.

I also have a ship that looks like a retro sci-fi rocket...thing, which is technically the precursor to Malleus above.

Edited by Caligari

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.