0.90[WIP][KopernicusTech]OuterPlanetsPlus Dev Thread v.1.7.0

amarius1

Outer Planets Expansion

An Outer Planets Mod Expansion

ABANDONED! THE MOD NO LONGER HAS A SCOPE

Current Version: 1.7.0

Download 6.4x RSS config (1.7.0)

Welcome to Outer Planets Plus (OP+), an expansion to the excellent Outer Planets Mod (OPM). OP+ aims to expand OPM by adding new moons and dwarf planets. As of the current release OP+ adds seven new moons and two new draft planets, increasing the challenge and the fun of KSP.

Screenshots

Javascript is disabled. View full album

New Planets Of Outer Planets Expansion

Moons Orbiting Urlum

Nuovana

Half of this moon's surface is covered by a large glacier. Some KUFO believers say that the small white dots seen inside the glacier are secret alien bases.

Lyvara

Evidence suggests that in the past Lyvara looked very much like Kerbin.

Lyvara's biomes!

Ven

A rocky brown planet that had a strong volanism in the past. Now it appears to be all frozen...

Kerlanes

Many years kerbal astronomers thought the newly discovered planet, Urlum, didn't had moons... Until someone started cleaning the lens... What they saw was just an ordinary but beautiful boulder.

Moons Orbiting Neidon

Phal

A rocky blue planet simmilar to Vall, orbited by it's moonlet, Olmo.

Olmo

This litle snowflake (it literaly looks like one) orbits Phal on a 1 degree ange and it has a VERY spiky surface. Attempting to land here is SUICIDE!

Kintar

This moon has many collision craters that may contain precious minerals and even frozen water!

Erfen

This captured cratery moon is deformed by a huge impact crater caused by collison with another moon, in the distant past..

Dwarf Planets/Asteroids

Klive

This litle asteroid was discovered when the KSC decided to start the asteroid redirect mission. All they found was just that this space potato is the smallest object in the Kerbol system.

Sisyphus

Curently this litle comet is the farthest known object in the Kerbol system. Further observations showed strange formations close to it's north pole.

Installation Instructions

* Install Outer Planets Mod

* Install Outer Planets Plus into Gamedata folder

* Have Fun!!!

To Do List

Finish Biomes for all new planets.

Additional moons or asteroids?

Intergration with ScanSat, DistantObjectEnhancement, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements and Karbonite/Regolith.

Better textures and terrain for Neidon's moons.

Collaborators:

Olympic1

nebuchadnezzar

frencrs

Special thanks to /u/CaptRobau and /u/Eudae55 on reddit, for helping me with all the problems I had.

Thanks to forum user nebuchadnezzar for making the forum thread formating and helping me debug all the problems I had!

Thanks to forum user frencrs for producing the 6.4x RSS configs!

License

88x31.png

Edited by amarius1
for the PickledTripod! i knew you'd want to see this ....... jist removed the download link

Sory man... just check the kerbal stuff thread... i updated it... new album of the new 4 moons of Urlum. I plan to make some for Neidon, but still working on some bugs.... but... 3 planets for Neidon are allready working in my test build.. so the update will be released soon (expect in 2 days...)... all you saw was just Kerlanes? Well, the last update added Ven, Nuovana and Lyvara... here's an album!

http://m.imgur.com/a/G0E3H#0

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!... but... KEEP IN MIND I DON'T WORK ON OUTER PLANETS! IT'S JUST AN ADDON FOR IT, WICH WILL BE ADDED AS "RECOMENDED MODS" ON THE OUTER PLAN3TS THREAD, WHEN I'L FINOSH THE MOONS OF NEIDON!

- - - Updated - - -

You should check the KerbalStuff page again! It now ads 4 moons to Urlum! >:(

Well, I let those textures from Neidon's moons there to fix the for the next update. Also, today I released version 1.5.3 that re-adds Neidon's moons and 1 dwarf planet! Also, I made a new album.

I can't seem to get the new moons for Neidon or Dres to work with the new 1.5.2 update. The Urlum moons seem to work fine. I noticed the only data in the kopernicus config file is for the Urlum moons, not the Neidon or Dres moons. Is this why the moons aren't working?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, i released 1.5.3 with even more moons to explore!

Edited by amarius1

Why are you distributing OPM textures and .bin files along with your own stuff?

I just had a look for myself.

Amarius1, you'd save a lot in terms of download size if you just included the textures for your own mod. Seeing as you're asking people to download my mod in advance, distributing the OPM textures is a needless redundancy as they should already be there when people install this mod.

Yeah... sorry, but I was in a hurry... also, new update today! 1.5.5. Lyvara got rings, (hopefully working) ground scatter for some planets, tweaked orbits for all the moons added, added Voronoi_PQSmod to Lyvara (I still don't know if it's working) and added a dwarf planet farther than Plock!

- - - Updated - - -

I've let them there my mistake... also, since 1.5.4, OPM textures shouldn't be in the download anymore...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.