I am saddened by this but, I'm getting bored.

LostElement

If you are bored do two this

(1) Abandon career mode. Go science-only.

(2) Drop mechjeb.

(3) Install 64k or some other plus-sized kerbin mod.

(4) Learn to launch properly again (it becomes very imporant at larger scales).

(5) Download some new planets to explore.

The way I stay entertained as long as I have, probably around 3,000 hours - most of them arent on steam but even steam has clocked 830, is to get very meticulously perfectionist about designing and building extremely high performance or ridiculously overbuilt things like mammoth Fuel stations or spectacular SSTO's. I have had Kerbin surrounded by 20 iterations of the same plane before.

Take on some of the forum's more impossible Challenges like the Jool-5 or Grand Tour, or shoot for the top of a scoreboard in a competitive challenge.

Play Hard Mode Career.

Create goals of your own just for fun, like collecting asteroids and putting them in orbit of minmus and give it its own orbital asteroid belt.

A lot of people do these things, and then present their achievements to the forums to collect fame and glory.

But its entirely possible that 370 hours is all the fun you will get from KSP. everyone is different, and everyone likes very different things. A game that has a permanent pull on one person might get stale quickly to another. It's not a crime to tire of a game. 370 hours is more than I've put into almost any game, with the exceptions of KSP, GTA (franchise), Pokemon (franchise), and Minecraft.

Install Realism Overhaul. I just did and it almost feels like when I was playing KSP for the first time. I have to re-learn everything. Took me several tries just to get a little manned capsule to LEO and back safely. A Moon landing won't be happening anytime soon.

Edited by CaptainKorhonen

The solution to your problem should be easy, take a break.

You, and many others posting in this thread, have histories of playing KSP for insane amounts of time. Of course it gets boring and repetetive after a while. So go play or do something else for a while. Or try Real Solar System + Realism Overhaul to get a new challenge, although that's usually only a drop on the hot stone. Rather take a break and enjoy it to the fullest later!

Edited by Temeter

• 5 weeks later...
If you are bored do two this

(1) Abandon career mode. Go science-only.

(2) Drop mechjeb.

(3) Install 64k or some other plus-sized kerbin mod.

(4) Learn to launch properly again (it becomes very imporant at larger scales).

(5) Download some new planets to explore.

This. I am currently using realism overhaul and it is AMAZING! I actually feel challenged again in a good way and the rockets look much better and it feels rewarding to even get into orbit!

• 5 months later...
On 2/5/2015 at 10:45 PM, merendel said:

I go through periods where I rarely fire up KSP due to boredom. I just go play other games for a month or two. Eventually the itch comes back and I log another hundred or so hours of KSP before taking another break.

very similar situation here

I was getting bored of it, so I took a break, but then I got KSP Interstellar, and it felt like a new game! It just adds so much that it changes the way you play. I suppose the same can be said for mods like extraplanetary launchpads and such (although I haven't tried it).

KSP was more fun back when we knew nothing about how to play it. Remember the times we first learnt how to stage, or how to make things symmetrical in the VAB? That was more fun IMO than being able to build a 500-kerbal interstellar ark ship blindfolded in 20 minutes. XD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.