[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

The interface was gone because i was using a "1." before the folder name, to organize my parts in game. But the clipping is happening in both ways. with default and correct folder name and if the 1. name too. Know i'm using with default naming, and correct installation, but the clipping still occur.

Is this clipping only occuring on the lazor cam?

3) Once the game loaded up I went to the flight through the tracking station. At that point I noticed a few things.

a) The lazor beam was no longer visible.

B)

When I click activate on the lazor module context menu there is no sound effect like there was before.

c) selecting options in the lazor interface had no effect on the craft whereas the same options did have an effect before I left the flight and reloaded.

I copied the output log up to the point that it spams the same error over and over. I had trouble getting the log to post without killing the page so I started from the line which logs the change from loading to the main menu. it is posted at pastebin.

This was a much better report, thanks.

I can see from the log that there is an error when the lazor system starts up and reads the parts on the vessel. I can't see what part is causing the issue, i could add some logging to the next update that logs which parts it is reading, however it would create a lot of log spam. In any case, when this happends, the lazor system will fail to initialize properly and all kinds of bugs will follow.

As for the other bug you reported this is definately caused by "BOSS" and i don't know the exact cause other than it has something to do with input keys.

I launch two manned vessels.

One be to Mun orbit,and the other to Kerbin orbit.

When i load the Mun vessel,i activate the Lazor,and i don't listen the sound and the line not appeared.

When i do the same with the Kerbin vessel,everything is ok...

After,with the vessel of Kerbin orbit,i go to to Mun,and i put it to Mun orbit.

When i load,and this vessel's Lazor system,not work the sound and beam like the another!

So there is a bug when loading a vessel orbiting the mun i take it. I really need to see the output logs for this one.

Yes Romfarer. Only on Lazor, and only near ground or KSC, on space get better, but keep unstable. some times appear, some not, this for the parts near, like a cam on the vessel, the vessel won't appear, just the rest.

On KSC, i can't see the new parts and the water. Only the ground appear...

But when to close, like on launch, only the glow of kerbin appear.

:)

Review

It seems that Cerverus and I are having a similar problem. In both cases the lazor system does not function when a craft is loaded. In both cases the craft in question is outside the Kerbin SOI. Please correct me if I'm wrong on those two counts.

Romfarer, you pointed out that log I posted showed there was a problem when one of the parts was being loaded but there was no way to tell which one. I suspected there was a problem with the Ordan telescopes part that I was using. the log showed the term BOSS in association with an error, and the gui for the ordan telescope uses the same term so I thought it might be the naughty part. So, I took it off and tried the craft without it, but the problem occurred in exactly the same fashion.

Testing

I was using a lot of mods so I decided to test the issue using only stock parts.

stock probe core using lazor for attitude control (conical control module and one red emitter) was launched into the Kerbol SOI just beyond Kerbin and its moons. you can see the lazor system is doing its thing making sure the probe points retrogee.

2dyahX3.png

when I changed from the flight of the probe to the space center and then immediately back to the same probe the lazor system was not functioning. This time I noticed that when the flight loads there is a sound effect. I looked in the romfarer sounds folder and I think it might have been the "switch" sound. anyway, you can see from the image that the guided flight subsystem isn't working and the control module isn't projecting a lazor anymore.

dexgCCa.png

The Log

Here is the output log shown from the point at which I left the VAB to launch the stock parts test.

I noticed a null reference exception in more than one place, not always referring to the lazor system. the one shown below is at line 1858, just after the flight is loaded from the tracking station. This makes me wonder if I need to install a newer version of .NET framework. Could that be the problem? or does any of this make anything any clearer to anyone?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Romfarer.LazorSystem.onFlightStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Review

I have also been having this problem, it seems to occur when i switch from a craft with a working Lazor System in a different SOI to Kerbin (Minmus) to do other things, i then switch back and the Lazor system is non-functional. Loading an autosave from when it was working doesn't fix it, i can only launch the craft again but that too stops working once i leave it orbiting Minmus and switch away.

Is it possible that Lazor mod could control the draw distance of KSC statics (and other things, such as anomalies - like kraken)?

In previous versions with draw distance set to long it was possible to take pictures of even individual Kerbonauts standing on Kerbin surface, with Ordan Ind. telescope mounted on satellite. There was also runway with SPH, mk1 pod monument and water tower northwest of launchpad clearly visible from orbit (no VAB, mission control or pad itself though).

In 21.1 no objects besides physics objects are visible, can it be fixed?

Current build of the Lazor system is causing this bug with all saves, all crafts, as repeated above. I launch, and so long as the craft I'm flying is selected, I can use the EVALazor and the Lazor systems, however once I switch control to another craft or go to the Space Center and back, everything stops working. Not sure if it caused this to happen, but when trying to work on my Space Station in Lunar Orbit, once my Kerbal got close enough and switched on his lazor, the SS went crazy into a shake, breaking apart all my solar panelling, making my job much more difficult; now I have decided I might just have to start the save all over again (for the fifth time, sigh.)

Is there any way for the Lazor system to increas the maximum draw distance for detached parts, such as the guided rockets from the Lazor guided weapons pack? I have the draw distance thing on the main menu (space center) set to the maximum distance (99000m or something like that), yet anything I detach despawns when it gets to 5 km away from the craft that fired it. I noticed this when testing the Lazor Cruise Missile on a bit of debris that had glitched out and fallen to the bottom of the ocean. I fired the missile at 47 km away from the debris (with the camera activated, so I knew it didn't just crash), but, at 5km away the camera feed cut out and the missile disappeared. This is a bit of a drawback for a missile with a claimed range of 90 km :P.

Hey Romfarer I seem to be having an interesting issue with your mod that no one else seems to have. This is my overlay and the mod will randomly crash my game at times http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/597010849560407808/D6838DE5EBAB2D48D31490A1243F12E11F029C43/ I removed all the mods I have and it still does this any ideas why?

Hey Romfarer I seem to be having an interesting issue with your mod that no one else seems to have. This is my overlay and the mod will randomly crash my game at times http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/597010849560407808/D6838DE5EBAB2D48D31490A1243F12E11F029C43/ I removed all the mods I have and it still does this any ideas why?

the interface looked that way for me as well. I was advised to install the mod again, following the how to install directions very carefully. if the game is crashing it would probably be good to post the output log and the crash log.

the interface looked that way for me as well. I was advised to install the mod again, following the how to install directions very carefully. if the game is crashing it would probably be good to post the output log and the crash log.

Its not a legit crash that i can tell, it makes my velocity meter go up rapidly while trying to meet my station but im not actually accelerating all the debug console says is this NullReferenceException and i cant end my flights or anything, but its weird because i deleted everything and re downloaded and it still did it.

This is my overlay and the mod will randomly crash my game at times http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/597010849560407808/D6838DE5EBAB2D48D31490A1243F12E11F029C43/ I removed all the mods I have and it still does this any ideas why?

For quite a while my UI looked like that, it didn't crash my game but it was rather annoying. Turns out renaming the GameData folder to something like 'Lazor System 29' broke some file paths or something, reinstalled it leaving the naming alone and it fixed it. Hope this helps.

Edited by Retriever

For quite a while my UI looked like that, it didn't crash my game but it was rather annoying. Turns out renaming the GameData folder to something like 'Lazor System 29' broke some file paths or something, reinstalled it leaving the naming alone and it fixed it. Hope this helps.

Okay ill try that I keep getting this error [Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, so far it hasnt crashed again

When the gui looks like that it means you have installed the plugin wrong. (ie. the paths are wrong) Just follow the instructions in the howtoinstall file please. And don't rename anything.

Romfarer, I am loving your camera mod, but is there any way to make the camera window larger? I have an enormous window size (1920x2160) and would *really* like the camera view to be increased in size. I just have the Lazor cam itself, I have spent some time searching through all the editable text files, but I'm not able to make the window any larger. Surely there is a simple way of increasing the resolution???

Many thanks!

A grateful fan...

Romfarer, I am loving your camera mod, but is there any way to make the camera window larger? I have an enormous window size (1920x2160) and would *really* like the camera view to be increased in size. I just have the Lazor cam itself, I have spent some time searching through all the editable text files, but I'm not able to make the window any larger. Surely there is a simple way of increasing the resolution???

Many thanks!

A grateful fan...

it is not possible yet, well at least not until i update

Review

Damn, I am having the same problem. Lazor system no longer functions properly after switching back to a ship outside of Kerbin SOI. Some log entries:

[WRN 15:02:58.164] Kerbal Space Program - 0.21.1.276 (WindowsPlayer) Steam

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU X9770 @ 3.20GHz (4)
RAM: 8191
GPU: ATI FirePro V8800 (FireGL V) (2032MB)
SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1151])

Log started: Tue, Aug 06, 2013 14:42:04

******** SNIP ********

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From FLIGHT to FLIGHT =====================
[WRN 15:02:58.667] [Kethane] Saving settings
[LOG 15:02:58.674] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Sun
[LOG 15:02:58.933] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon component 'MapOverlay' from assembly 'MMI_Kethane, Version=1.0.4953.23325, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
[LOG 15:02:59.037] ------------------- initializing flight mode... ------------------
[LOG 15:02:59.042] Target vessel index: 13 vessel count: 14
[LOG 15:02:59.044] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Ultra Hawk VI ----------------------
[LOG 15:02:59.044] setting new dominant body: the Sun
FlightGlobals.mainBody: the Sun
[WRN 15:02:59.383] Part mumech.MJ2.AR202 cannot load module #4. It only has 4 modules defined
[WRN 15:02:59.384] PartModule is null.
[WRN 15:02:59.476] Part Romfarer.LazorSystem cannot load module #0. It only has 0 modules defined
[WRN 15:02:59.477] PartModule is null.
[LOG 15:02:59.557] ++++++ onFlightStateLoad ++++++
[LOG 15:02:59.558] Camera Mode: AUTO
[LOG 15:02:59.588] stage manager resuming...
[LOG 15:02:59.589] all systems started
[EXC 15:02:59.658] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find file "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\PluginData\MMI_Kethane\AlphaUnlitVertexColored.txt".
[LOG 15:02:59.919] LazorSystem : RuntimeLogic : OnVesselChange()
[LOG 15:02:59.920] [DestructionTracker: OnAwake Ultra Hawk VI]
[LOG 15:02:59.921] [LazorGlobals: Added DestructionTracker to Ultra Hawk VI]
[LOG 15:03:00.050] [II.overclockMainsail]: Activated (forced)
[LOG 15:03:00.051] [II.overclockMainsail]: Activated (forced)
[LOG 15:03:00.052] [II.overclockMainsail]: Activated (forced)
[LOG 15:03:00.053] [II.overclockMainsail]: Activated (forced)
[LOG 15:03:00.058] [RomfarerHSTWlaser]: Activated (forced)
[LOG 15:03:00.061] [RomfarerHSTWlaser]: Activated (forced)
[LOG 15:03:00.065] [RomfarerHSTWlaser]: Activated (forced)
[LOG 15:03:00.068] [RomfarerHSTWlaser]: Activated (forced)
[LOG 15:03:00.069] - -- --- FLIGHT START --- -- -Ultra Hawk VI
[EXC 15:03:00.103] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 15:03:00.104] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Ultra Hawk VI
[LOG 15:03:00.419] ++++++ onFlightStateSave ++++++
[LOG 15:03:00.425] Flight State Captured
[LOG 15:03:00.426] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 15:03:00.427] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 15:03:00.428] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 15:03:00.428] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 15:03:00.429] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 15:03:00.430] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 15:03:00.430] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 15:03:00.431] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 15:03:00.432] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 15:03:00.432] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 15:03:00.433] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 15:03:00.460] Game State Saved as persistent
[EXC 15:03:00.489] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 15:03:00.494] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 15:03:00.551] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 15:03:00.556] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 15:03:00.595] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 15:03:00.599] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 15:03:00.628] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

When the gui looks like that it means you have installed the plugin wrong. (ie. the paths are wrong) Just follow the instructions in the howtoinstall file please. And don't rename anything.

I tried to do that, I literally took the folder from the download and put in into game data but it still does the weird interface:/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.